Lyanna Stark

Arya of Winterfell

I think there are many people out there who would love to see a pre-ASOIAF HBO miniseries on Robert's rebellion and the events leading up to it. Including the Harrenhal tourney. So who do you think would be a good Lyanna?

So here are the actresses who has been suggested so far:
My personal favourites:

Forum Favourites:

Other Suggestions:

I agree. Bridget Regan would make a pretty decent Lyanna. With Keira Knightly, however, I see your point but I just don't think she has the "Stark look." She could in my mind be Margeary Tyrell. But she has already been cast in the show. Besides, it wouldn't ever be realistic to assume Keira would join the GoT cast.

I know she is already dead, but if HBO ever did a set of pre-Robert's rebellion episodes, who do you think would be a good Lyanna?

I think Katie McGrath would make an absolutely perfect Lyanna. She has the Stark look (I think) and has an air about her that I think she would pass off well as the wolf maiden.

Are there any other actresses you think would fit better? Some people have mentioned Eva Green before, but I don't really like her as Lyanna.

Yeah I think katie would be a great Lyanna but I just want to see her in the show because she said she loved it so much! :D

I think many of these ladies are way too old, except Keira Knightley. Katie McGrath was born in 1983, making her 29 years old, playing a 16 year old. It's why I'm not crazy about Maergery Tyrell, way too old. Sexy, yes, but too old.

Not to mention and no offence to the actress, but I've always found Katie McGrath's acting on Merlin to be pretty poor and wooden. She seemed to rely too much on the classic "evil-person-glare, turn away, evil-person-smirk" formula that it became unbearable.

Personally I could see someone like Jessica Brown Findlay.

I've probably said this a million times. But I have always imagined Sarah Bolger for The Tudors as Lyanna. Another option that I saw in the most recent Underworld movie is India Eisley. Both are young and talented actresses who look younger than their age and could easily pass for 14-16. Considering Lyanna was only thirteen during the Tourney at Harrenhal, I would hope they'd cast someone who appears that age.

Emma Watson's beauty is so over rated. So over rated.

:lol:

well it was not really her beauty i was after, esp since i think it was noted that Lyanna wasn't the fairest at the Tourney at Harrenhal (i think Elia was the fairest one still or the princess of Whent) but i think her feistiness as observed from her portrayal of Hermione fits the character of Lyanna well.

anyway, Alexandra Daddario was a good suggestion but the thing going against her is that she's American. Sarah Bolger looks ok too.

if we're going American though... i'd like Camilla Belle to take a shot at this ;)

Not to mention and no offence to the actress, but I've always found Katie McGrath's acting on Merlin to be pretty poor and wooden. She seemed to rely too much on the classic "evil-person-glare, turn away, evil-person-smirk" formula that it became unbearable.

Personally I could see someone like Jessica Brown Findlay.

Katie is undoubtedly beautiful but I agree with you on her acting in 'Merlin'. She never tried to do more, be more, other than the classic evil character we have seen over and over again. As to Jessica... that's a whole other story. She was great in Downton Abbey and her character gave us all a chance to see what she can truly do and how good an actress she is. I personally think she is extraordinarily beautiful and very talented. She may be a good Lyanna.

Charlize Theron would want to be in GoT as the other thread has said. This is the perfect opportunity to cast her. Maybe too old, but it is so easy for actresses to lose 15 years. make up artists are so good these days..

Some of you are picking actresses that have the Tully look.

I think Oona Chaplin has more of the "horse face" and dark hair that Starks supposedly had (look at the guy who plays Benjen, I forget his name), but we're done with her.

I like that India Eisley girl that somebody mentioned. Never saw her before.

Eva Green i think is way too old, even considering how they are aging up some of the characters for modern sake.

Kristen Stewart? She did a good job as Joan Jett in The Runaways. (JUST KIDDING! --I mean, she actually was good in that bio-pic but not for GoT obviously :closedeyes:

Archived