I believe the Winds of Winter is going be... Amazing.

Lady Hodor

So alot of the time on these forums I have read people talking about how they thought the books were going downhill.

While I don't agree, I do consent that some things were not as fantastic as expected, or at least not as the other books were.

But I believe that the Winds of Winter is going to make all of us regret doubting Martin for one single second, as its going to be epic.

Think about it. Martin obviously knows, from hearing fans or looking on sites like this, that some were disappointed in the last books.

And he's going to want to shock us back in awe and amazement so that our faith is regained in his story. And he will suceed.

Think about how much we have to look forward to in those pages!

- Whatever Daenerys decides to do with the Dothraki

- The fate of Aegon Targaryen and his plans

- Cersei and Margery's trials

- Arya as an assassin

- Stannis v Bolton

- Jon's fate

- The Others

- The trouble in the Vale

- Tyrion and the gold cloaks

- Whatever Lady Stoneheart is up to

- Possible revelations on the Tower of Joy

And when I look at that list I honestly have no idea of what way they might end up, as the story is so brilliantly unpredictable.

The Winds of Winter will be epic, that is my belief, as both Martin's retaliation and a story packed thick with amazing stories.

Even if it does end up coming out at Christmas 2015 or something, it just means he's spent longer to make it that much more legendary.

Do you reckon so too?

Think about how much we have to look forward to in those pages!

- Whatever Daenerys decides to do with the Dothraki

- The fate of Aegon Targaryen and his plans

- Cersei and Margery's trials

- Arya as an assassin

- Stannis v Bolton

- Jon's fate

- The Others

- The trouble in the Vale

- Tyrion and the gold cloaks

- Whatever Lady Stoneheart is up to

- Possible revelations on the Tower of Joy

And dont forget that GRRRRM has said that the last two books will take us further up north, maybe even in the lands of always winter

My girlfriend said she has seen that it can be pre ordered in October of this year, dont know if that means a 2013 release but I hope so.

Where did she see that? I had read that Martin did not even start working on it until January of this year so I'd be surprised if it is out in 2013.

GRRM's last estimate was that he hoped it'd be done in three years, give or take. No promises in blood, etc. But it's not coming out in 2013, in any case.

I am certainly looking forward to it but it will be interesting how to handle the long wait. I read the series for the first time in 2009 so I am somewhat spoiled in not really having to wait that long for ADWD. In any case I hope, and think, that Winds of Winter will be amazing.

I'm rather new to the series (last july when the Tv first aired in europe) so I haven't been witing for the first 5 books. But I did have to wait for HP 5,6 and 7 ... and it was freaking Horrible lol so I can't imagine not having the finale book before 2016-17 =( :( comeon martin is gonna die if he doesn't finish it soon !! the man is already 60 somethg :s

anyway awesome series and in a way the theory speculating is part of the Game :) we just have to wait ...

Btw, there is almost identical thread by the same OP here:

I quote myself from that thread:

Well we had a big list of things we expected to happen or get resolved in ADwD and they didn't. However, it does sound promising to me that GRRM has said that many things from previous book will get resolved early in TWoW.

I'm myself going to try to keep my expectations in minimum since that is one of the reasons I didn't like ADwD so much on my first read.

I'm still wondering as to when we will learn of what went on between Rhaegar and Lyanna.

I can't really imagine how, when and where we could learn of it, since Howland Reed is the only one who knows.

But either way, I hope it appears in the Winds rather than Dream, else I'll die of anticipation :P

It's going to be amazing but I'm not sure that everything the OP mentioned will be resolved. What we do know though is that the book will open with the Battle in the North, and the Battle in Meerreeen. Also, that we will see the lands of always winter, and that potentially Dorne will ally with Aegon, leaving plenty of division for when (if) Dany lands. Those plots alone promise more action and resolution than aDwD.

In terms of timing, I guess sooner than 2016 - I'm hopeful about Christmas 2014. Laugh if you will, hope springs eternal for me.

Archived