I believe the Winds of Winter is going be... Amazing.

Lady Hodor

I sometimes compare Winds to HP and Half-Blood Prince,which to JK is practically first part,and Deathly Hallows being the second part of story conclusion,just Prince is so,so much better than Deathly Hallows.

And Prisoner is par with Storm,being the best book so far,and a fans' favourite :)

My big concern about TWOW is that it includes 100-200 pages of ADWD. If it was starting out fresh, I would be super confident that it would be great, but I'm worried that is going to create some serious pacing issues - which is the LAST thing Martin needs, because he already has pacing issues.

Think about how much we have to look forward to in those pages!

Don't get me wrong, these books are some of the best fantasy I have ever read, but...

As far as I am concerned, GRRM has consistently failed to deliver on the promise of the previous book, starting allready with the second book of the series.

I fond out that the best way to enjoy these books is not to have too many expectations.

Oh i just hope the author can manage to tie all the loose strings and mysteries he has already pose before us.

It's been too long with the prepositions; it's time for resolutions.

If he pulls a "it's-all-open-to-your-own-interpretation-kind-of-bullshit" i'm gonna be maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

And in many cases the penultimate book in a series is sometimes even better than the final book.

Looking forward to the next one!

Let's hope for the best as per your prediction.

I mean - we first need TWOW to become a book and then to be the penultimate...

Otherwise you have a good point.

I have the same feeling. GRRM used Feast and Dance to set the stage to Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring. It will be fantastic.

I am taking bets at 5:1 odds that there will be more than 2 books to finish the series. All of you who keep mentioning the 2 final books feel free to take the odds. I see no way conceivable it can be wrapped up in 2 books... and if it does I may be very disappointed that everything got wrapped up (or didn't) in that short of time. I see 3 more books minimum, probably 4 or 5 to wrap everything up properly...

as to the OP... I hope it is that awesome, but after my initial disappointment with Dance, I'm keeping my expectations low and hope to be surprised.

I am taking bets at 5:1 odds that there will be more than 2 books to finish the series. All of you who keep mentioning the 2 final books feel free to take the odds. I see no way conceivable it can be wrapped up in 2 books... and if it does I may be very disappointed that everything got wrapped up (or didn't) in that short of time. I see 3 more books minimum, probably 4 or 5 to wrap everything up properly...

It's completely conceivable, as long as the author keeps focus. It will help if, for example, GRRM limits himself to reusing locations, instead of introducing several new ones in every book.

Too many books, and ASOIAF will simply turn into another Honor Harrington saga. I hope that doesn't happen.

as to the OP... I hope it is that awesome, but after my initial disappointment with Dance, I'm keeping my expectations low and hope to be surprised.

I'm of the same mind. Even if the next two are 1,600+ manuscript pages in length apiece, they will still feel rushed. I'm pretty confident at this point that Feast and Dance are the series' vinculum that links two trilogies together.

Archived