I believe the Winds of Winter is going be... Amazing.

Lady Hodor

I haven't waited as long as everyone else had, because I'm new to this series. However if you think about it this way we are on book 2 with the TV series so in 3 years the TV series will be out of material. They have to have time to film so I would say no later than end of 2013 so that HBO can get it filmed.

If GRRM is planning on finishing the saga in 2 books, I have a feeling he will have to have a mass extinction of POV characters in the first half of TWOW.

GRRM would then devote the last half of TWOW to setting up the surviving POV characters for ADOS.

Waiting is soooo hard.

I starting reading the series when I saw season 1 promo, just in time for Dance release so now I'm dying - and so are most of my favs in the next two books.

That's what makes it so hard. Martin gives us so much to speculate with but above all we know that no one is safe in this series, so I'm also afraid to read what actually happens next.

The first part of it should definitely be pretty good, resolving all those damn battles he set up with ADWD. The battle of Meereen (who doesn't want to see that place wrecked), the battle of winterfell and the battle of Storm's End. That should all have an ASOS style pace and feel to it.

I'm dreading the answer but, 6 years for TWOW only or the entire series?

Can't find the link but GRRM stated he has to have the next book out in 5 years, my guess is it as part of the HBO contract if so we are talking about ~2015

ETA: spelling

GRRM doesn't have a deadline. He could (and I believe he had) tell the producers of the show the main plot points, so there's no need to match it with the show. Plus they have split ASoS into two seasons, and they can make 3 seasons out of ADwD and AFfC (combined). GRRM said he's determined to not let the series overtake him, but you know, it might, because he's just determined, nothing more. There's also another thing: whenever there is a deadline he just finish stuff a little after the deadline.

I believe that GRRM will not finish The series in 7 books, just as he didn't in one or even two trilogy. Unless TWoW and ADoS are more than 2000 pages each.

I have a terrifying thought as well: GRRM announcing that he's not gonna finish the series at all. In any moment he can announce that he's just retired and wanna spend his time with his wife and just relax, travel and enjoy. You know, that's his right, and we can't stop him from that.

All this said, I am waiting for TWoW like hell, and I'm most worried about Arya. If GRRM kills her I will piss on the book and burn it, no matter how awesome the book is, I took a vow to do so!

I have a terrifying thought as well: GRRM announcing that he's not gonna finish the series at all. In any moment he can announce that he's just retired and wanna spend his time with his wife and just relax, travel and enjoy. You know, that's his right, and we can't stop him from that.

I highly doubt this is the case. GRRM has stated that he'll write other novels and stories after ASOIAF, but nothing as big. He likes writing and doesn't want to settle down. At least not when he responded in the interviews. So my hopes are not yet gone.

I haven't waited as long as everyone else had, because I'm new to this series. However if you think about it this way we are on book 2 with the TV series so in 3 years the TV series will be out of material. They have to have time to film so I would say no later than end of 2013 so that HBO can get it filmed.

There are easily five seasons of material left in these books. Two seasons for aSoS and 3 for aFfC and aDwD total. As much as we like to think "nothing happens in those books" when being overly critical, looking at them shows that not to be the case. More happens in each that A Clash of Kings, which HBO did in one season... barely. George has until 2017 to get TWOW out without being overtaken.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, if AFFC and ADWD is split into even TWO seasons, the shows not going to get renewed, nothing really happens thats terribly exciting for a tv show. They can get away with it in the books but all the world building that takes place in the books covers 15 seconds in tv.

But they can do a prequel season though...

The book will be amazing, but I believe it will only be a preparation for the big final, all characters will be on their posizions at the end and we will wait for the next book

Im brazilian and in Brazil we have great soap operas, watched in lots of countries.

Here normally the best episode is the penultimate, and not the last.

Its is in the penultimate eiposde that all the conflicts are solved

If its the same with the GRRM books, we will have an amazing WoW

The book will be amazing, but I believe it will only be a preparation for the big final, all characters will be on their posizions at the end and we will wait for the next book

It Is Known

Archived