Ran

I'm not even going to get into the whole Robb/Cat/Talisa thing because that's probably the one thing I'm annoyed that they changed so much.

Sometimes I wish I could just meet them and ask why, why, why did they make these changes. I don't think I could ever accept them but if I could even understand what on earth they were thinking it might help me feel less frustrated. With other things that I don't like, I sort of get it, but with this, I just can not comprehend their train of thought. Why mess with this storyline? It's not like there was this groundswell of fans that were like, well, I mostly like these books, but I don't know about that whole Red Wedding thing, I think it could be a little better. I just don't understand.

god you people want so much i loved the episode didnt read the books but you can say i wont get it etc.. i know they leave stuff out but its hard to add 5/6 people into 1 episode so i think this episode was the best i watch the show because i like danys story and it didnt let me down

Edited by wotad

I can't even...brain is mush right now...

LOVED Theon's scene with Luwin. He was pretty hilarious about the guy who kept blowing the horn. Heh. I sort of loved his "northern mating call" speech. It was pretty funny. Oh, and FUCK YOU DAGMER(I don't care how sexy I think your voice is :angry: ).

Dany was badass. She's so awesome on the show. Oh, and FU Doreah as well. Justice for Irri!!!! I loved her raiding Xaro's things in the end.

Sansa's reaction to no longer being engaged to Joff was wonderful. It was very well conveyed since we can't be in her thoughts like in the books. Oh, and FU Littlefinger, too. "I thought of your mom as a sister" (yeah whatever)

Goodbye beautiful, gorgeous lovely face Jaqen. Hello weird looking man.

House of Undying was fine. As a book reader, there were stuff I wish I got to see, but on its own it is okay. It is just not as cool as it was on the books. I would have liked some prophecy. Aren't they kind of important for her story?

Not too crazy about Robb/Jeyne whoever marriage or his attitude to Cat. Call her what you will, but his reaction to her was NOT very kingly. He sounded like a spoiled little brat. She should have smacked him upside the head, He came off more whiny to me on the show than he did in the book. Also found the Jon/Halfhand bit to be lacking.

The House of the Undying was a bit of a let down but I did enjoy the scene with Drogo and Rhaego. Very sad. I also enjoyed how they got the ominous feeling down right. Even the vision of the Red Keep in ruins was good. But lacking the other visions was disappointing. Some book scenes just cannot be translated onto the screen and this was one of them. It still got the point across though. I loved how they allowed Dany to be badass in the end and lock Xaro and Doreah in the vault. Yay Khaleesi!!!

I'm glad they kept the little touch of Tywin's horse pooping in the throne room. Nice!

I'm not a big crier...at all. But I must admit I got teary eyed when Tyrion started bawling. I really, truly do love this character and Peter Dinklage really is a revelation in the role.

The end scene with the Others and their armies of the undead was FANTASTIC and made up for the disappointing HotU scene. Loved how the ended last scene with Fire and now they end this one with Ice.

April 2013 cannot come soon enough!

Oh my gods, RIGHT? It was heartbreaking to watch him bawl like that... Peter Dinklage is just fantastic.

Now that the season is over I realize that I have one major gripe with the series, both seasons. But first a disclaimer: I am by no means a purist. I except changes and understand the differences in the mediums call for differences in the stories and I love seeing the added scenes because it is like extra scenes we didn't see from the books.

But with that said, my major gripe is that they're cutting all the backstory. And I understand how hard it is to fit backstory into the show but, and I noticed it especially in the House of the Undying, I really wanted to see Elia and Rhaegar and have some mention of the Prince that was Promised. I was hoping in that giant wall scene to see some blue flower among the ice, but then I realized we never were told anything about Lyanna and blue flowers so it wouldn't have been meaningful at all. I miss that stuff in the series, but I guess that's why I have the books.

That end scene with Theon was a bit surprising to me. It almost struck me that the guy who has been egging him on was maybe really the Bastard in disguise after all? He suddenly got very authoritative. And then they put Theon's head in a sack? Will be a long wait to see what really happens with that in season 3.

I liked most of this episode. the HotU scene was really different from the books and I'm ok with that. If they had done a word for word adaptation, viewers who havent read the books would've been left too confused. I thought we were going to see Aerys, though. What happened to the actor who was cast as the "mad king" for this episode? Hopefully that will be on the BluRay.

The scene where the Stark kids find Luwin was just heart wrenching.

As always, all the Tyrion stuff was just awesome.

Loved Jon Snow and his reaction to the wildling camp.

Just how much they showed of the wights and the Other was shocking, but they made Sam too much of a craven.

Watching it for the 3rd time now and overall I like it. The show and the book are separate for me and I love them both for what they are.

I really disliked Stannis' characterization, I always saw him as stoic, brooding, and irritable, not a man who flies into rages and strangles others on a whim. It seems almost like the different screenwriters are interpreting his chracacter completely differently. He went from a determined, just, and somewhat depressed/dour commander in episode 8, to a reckless action hero in episode 9, and now he's a tempermental domestic abuser? Pick your key chracteristics and stick with them until there's adequate explanation for a personality change, Stannis seems like he'd be diagnosed with dissociative personality disorder at this point. Pretty upsetting that they've reduced my favourite character to a mercurial bully.

Other than that, I was pretty satisfied with the episode, would have been cool to see Arya kill someone; but the ending more than made up for that.

And a note on the ending, they really changed the White Walker style, they went from black and shadowy to pale with hair? Are we dealing with different types of White Walkers, or entities all together?

The White Walkers were absolutely terrible.

Why do they walk so slowly, staring up at the sky, pretending to be dead like a five-year-old would? The only thing missing was their tongue hanging out. I felt like I was watching Shaun of the Dead. That was simply embarrassing.

The supernatural is a delicate aspect of ASoIF and should be handled in a way that doesn't lessen the story.

Edit: Yes, wights. Though the White Walkers weren't impressive either.

Edited by int11

Where the hell is Ghost?!

I was really looking forward to seeing Tywin's horse shit in the throne room, but at least they included it..unlike Renly's damn peach.

and... where the hell is Ghost?

oh, and how is Sam going to get out of THAT predicament?

I'm not even going to begin to discuss the major plot changes or the butchering of the HOTU, I can't even stomach it. I guess we should all try and think of it as something to kill the time until the next book is released/written.

Why do they walk so slowly, staring up at the sky, pretending to be dead like a five-year-old would? The only thing missing was their tongue hanging out. I felt like I was watching Shaun of the Dead. That was simply embarrassing.

The supernatural is a delicate aspect of ASoIF and should be handled in a way that doesn't lessen the story.

Completely agree.

This episode proved one thing for sure: Varys is definitely a eunuch. There have been theories that say he is not truly cut, but now we know he most certainly is (in the show, at least).

Also, I didn't like how Luwin didn't tell Osha to split the boys up. That seemed important to me. I can picture them running into the Reeds in the first episode and they will recommend the split. Rickon must go to Skagos and become even more fierce!

And the one thing that is crazy to me is the fact that Brienne is just straight up killing everyone. She's already killed 5 guys so far but in the books, when she is forced to actually kill her first men, it's a giant deal. And it happens way later. She doesn't willingly just kill a ton of people.

Did like the episode on the whole, though. It's just easier to come on here and complain rather than name all of the things I liked.

I like the final scene, even though I never really pictured... zombies. I guess I don't know what I pictured. But it wasn't that. I like it and I like that I'll have a nice visual on my re-read of the series in the next 10 months.

I thought the HotU was fine. Granted, we didn't see anything us 'bookies'/'nerdies' wanted to see, but I liked the sacked throne room. A vision that maybe suggest Dany will be taking that shizz over? Possibly.

I actually liked the scene with Brienne and Jaime. The point of it was Jamie got to see what she was made of. I thought it was great when she let loose. And I know I'm a guy, but the look on that third guy's face the whole time she was stabbing him in the groin was absolutely award winning.

I also generally liked Jon's scenes and storyline. It didn't seem to be told as well as it could have, and I never grasped a real thought process of why a "guy on the inside" is suddenly a great idea. But overall it didn't bother me.

The marriage ceremony with the new gods surprised me. I would like to think there was some sort of subtle rationale for it but I bet it was just a writing error.

I was not touched by Tyrion's teary eyes... every sentimental moment with Shae he's been doing that and I just don't see that his character would be doing that. His first marriage left him bitter and cold and detatched, and I have great difficulty believing that he'd let himself feel that strongly for someone again. It makes sense he cares about Shae, but there is a limit. I also note the irony that the one person who really seems devoted to him (Shae) is the one he tries to push away. Everyone else he has proclaimed his friendship with has kind-of rolled their eyes at him - "okay, whatever". To me what happens with her and Tywin is ambigous in the books...it will be very interesting to me to see how the show handles that.

Except for Dany's scenes (especially in the House of the Undying) I liked the episode, but I still think it was the poorest of the second season. Overall the show is awesome, and I can't beg HBO enough to keep it up! I'm really looking forward to next year, and hopefully several years after that!

I think you mean the wights, there were two white walkers on horseback. The wights were described as slow and clumsy in the books and they are essentially zombies so how else are they supposed to act :P??