How would you rate episode 210?

Ran

How would you rate episode 210?  

931 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I find it unacceptable, and frankly insulting, that Tywin's horse did not shit at the foot of the Iron Throne, instead taking his dump before entering the hall. Why change this defining moment? The infernal writers have now ruined the character arc of everyone in the Throne room. There are so many layers and, dare I say, foreshadowing, as well as HINDshadowing to this striking moment in the books, and yet, the diabolical D & D ruined the entire series with the premature poop. Why, I ask you? I still retained hope for this travesty of an adaptation but this, fellow book purists, THIS felt like molten gold being poured over my head! I fell to the floor, wailing, cursing the old gods and the new! Where was Joffrey, "gingerly" stepping around the dung? I feel betrayed and sickened.

Wow. Felt blasphemous writing that. That was an awesome episode and I gave it a 10.

Stop playing spot the difference. It's fantastic television.

Edited by HyacinthGirl

I gave it a 5/10.

All the points that were 'hard hitting' in the books were softened down in this episode... The LITE budget method of story telling. And oh yes, one last look at Ros' titts.

Should have had Tywin visit Tyrion and had Tywin say what Varys did. This is how we start wearing Tyrion down until he does you know what eventually!

HotU was lame! dragons could barely puff smoke and suddenly that guy fully catches fire. The execution of it was my main gripe. Too simple, too quick. Just flat. Why not make Drogon break his chain and fly at his face and then burn him? Make it exciting damn it! So Danny loses all her servant girls now too...

Why are so many people so negative. "Oh, they changed too much!"

Apart from Dany, not a whole lot was changed, and that's because they needed her featured more prominently after such a great season 1.

All the character development, arcs, emotions, feelings, etc. are all exactly the same as in the book. I thought Tyrion/Shae was an amazing scene that was better than the book.

Theon showed remorse and desperation, just like the book; Arya developed due to the difficult situations she was put in and frankly, interacting with Tywin makes for better TV than getting beaten by a dumb chef; Jon talked with Ygritte, learnt about the Wildlings, and killed the Halfhand, albeit without Ghost (which was the only thing I was disappointed by) and showed how he was torn between serving the Halfhand and trying to fight the Wildlings; Sasha/Petyr seeds were planted for season 3 with Petyr's motivations revealed; Brienne and Jaime furthered their relationship meaning more screen time for everyone's favorite couple; Robb married the Westerling/Volantis girl which we got to see for the very first time; and we got to see A FREAKING OTHER!!!

btw, Dany's dragons, for the first time ever, used their fire to burn the hotu, just like the books! (oh, I'm sorry, all three dragons were there instead, meaning there was more fire than in the books).

Great season, great child actors (not given enough credit I believe since most child actors suck), great production quality for a TV show, amazing characters, and an amazing story. Even if it varies slightly, the story isn't diminished. Martin, who wrote the episode last week, made changes.

Please just try to enjoy and stop being so negative at every slight little detail that is changed because one day, the show will no longer be on air and every single person on the forum, and every fan of the book and/or show will think, "Damn, that was one of the best shows on TV, and I complained about every tiny detail almost the whole time it was on air." the episode may not have been a 10/10, but the season as a whole has been a whole lot better than Glee (which I will never watch) or whatever bs is on TV these days.

Last thing... season 3.... :drool:

It was okay episode. I dont think it was a good episode to end the season on. No really great cliff hangers to keep people talking about it till next season.

Im not overly happy with the Jons scenes. It was just really underwelmling.

Aryas was also just kinda meh.

Dannys wasnt that bad. About what I expected.

Absolutly loved the Brienne scene. She has a little bit of a vengence streak that I like.

And Stannis and Melisandre. That was a great rewrite, and a great scene.

And poor Theon, another great Alfie moment. He really deserves to be nominated.

Now the White Walkers, okay like the way they looked. But giving them a Nazgul scream...really, really thats the best they could do is literally rip the audio right out of the Lord of the Rings and reuse it. So fucking disappointed with that...

Honestly when I watch that again once it comes out on video, I'll just hit the stop button right before that part. God really, Nazgul...nothing that even remotely sound like "winter", pfft.

Just kinda a shoulder shrugging episode.

Despite some grievances, I really loved the episode, especially the ending, so it's a 10 for me. I had already heard Rhaegar was gone and all the HotU stuff was original (and was disappointed but I honestly didn't expect anything less since how the season's been going so far), so I was wondering what they were going to put in place of it, and besides the last bit with Dany and the dragons, I did love the other segments with the Wall (it was really amazing seeing Dany actually walk there) and Throne room. I was a bit surprised to see Drogo again but thought that scene actually worked rather well. It was also great to finally see a White Walker -- loved the look, the ice spear, the slowly approaching hoard (setting up for the battle next season, which hopefully we'll get to see); the CGI there was fantastic.

I didn't at all like Jon's story this season. They completely blew it by having him captured and dragged along like an idiot. His fight with Qhorin was decent though, as was the last shot of the valley with the Wildings. I was severely disappointed Arya didn't kill anyone but Jaqen's fairwell was as good as I hoped it'd be. I was really satisfied with Theon this season and this last episode was another highlight for him. Great episode overall.

I agree with this. I give it a 10 as well. I really, really loved the ending for Dany, White Walkers and Master Luwin.

I think this is a universal verdict: Jon and Dany were not handled in the best possible way this season. Apart from that though everything else was absolutely brilliant. I am really excited about seeing more of Stannis/Mel and Brienne/Jaime. Arya and Bran were amazing as they were in the last season too. And Tyrion is his brilliant self as always.

Can't wait for season 3. Until then, I'll let dreams of Margaery's neckline sustain me... :drool:

I gave it a 5.

I know... a bit harsh! It was a good season, overall! But this episode for me was just a lackluster!

The house of the undying was when I first put together the whole L+R=J theory, that I later came to find out that it was pretty popular, when I joined this forum...

I know it's just a theory, but I came to accept it as almost truth, and I really wanted to see how the series was gonna deal with that...

Ignoring the whole passage was just a big disappointment.

Also, all of the ones loyal to Dany were betraying her or dying. I mean... it's interesting, but her life was already hard enough with the few friends she had!

Another thing was the burning of winterfell! That moment was hugely emotional for me. And in the series it was treated as "whatever". They burned the castle! Eh...

Other than that, the episode was nice! Jaqen was great! And so was Tyrion! And really, I just love Natalie Dormer!

And as for the splitting of the Stark kids, here's to hoping they'll introduce the Reeds next season to promote that! :cheers:

I gave it a 10. Was I disappointed with the House of the Undying? Yes, of course. But they completely changed her motives for going there anyway (book - wanted help; show - wanted her dragons back), so all things considered it wasn't a bad scene. Dany's scenes were definitely the highlight of the episode for me, though. Burning Pyat Pree? Amazing. Becoming a true Dothraki and stealing from Xaro? The best.

The scenes in the House of the Undying were very interesting. The throne room in King's Landing empty and filled with snow? Dany visiting her husband beyond the wall? I hope both are foreshadowing some future events. :) It was also nice to see Dany on some of the Westeros sets for once!

The scene with Luwin by the heart tree was everything I feared it would be. I have to say it was probably the saddest moment from both seasons combined for me.

I find it unacceptable, and frankly insulting, that Tywin's horse did not shit at the foot of the Iron Throne, instead taking his dump before entering the hall. Why change this defining moment? The infernal writers have now ruined the character arc of everyone in the Throne room. There are so many layers and, dare I say, foreshadowing, as well as HINDshadowing to this striking moment in the books, and yet, the diabolical D & D ruined the entire series with the premature poop. Why, I ask you? I still retained hope for this travesty of an adaptation but this, fellow book purists, THIS felt like molten gold being poured over my head! I fell to the floor, wailing, cursing the old gods and the new! Where was Joffrey, "gingerly" stepping around the dung? I feel betrayed and sickened.

Wow. Felt blasphemous writing that. That was an awesome episode and I gave it a 10.

Stop playing spot the difference. It's fantastic television.

I love this :rofl:

The scene with Luwin by the heart tree was everything I feared it would be. I have to say it was probably the saddest moment from both seasons combined for me.

Really? Even Ned's head being chopped off? JK, I totally get it...

I gave the episode an 8 (minus points for the HOTU and Jon/Qhorin storylines)

I give the season a 8.8 which is an average of the ratings I've been giving the episodes throughout the season. Those are solid TV numbers imo. (three 8s, six 9s,one 10) Bring it on, season 3!!!

For me its not so much about 'spot the difference' but rather some things being much better in the books than in the show. The characters were developed better in the books with fantastic dialogue that was left out of tv for no reason. The hard hitting scenes were quite impacting in the books whereas in the show it was just meh, and some of my non-book friends were left wondering what was going on or why this or that happened. This is a fault of directing and storytelling.

I really enjoyed how they took time for lots of dialog without action. You got to really understand the characters and what they're about. Usually a tv show doesn't take time for such depth (like the secenes with Tyrion & Shae, Luwin and the Stark kids, Ros & Vrys, etc.). I thought the scene in the House of the Undying was boring and slow. But it sucked in the book, too. I'm not a Dany fan. I really wish that Qhorin had given Jon the instructions to live and fight with the wildlings, as Jon tends to repeat them to himself during his long journey with them and it totally provides his motivation.