[Book Spoilers] GoT or The Walking Dead?

teemo

So what did you think of the wights? I was hugely disappointed because I thought they looked like a group of zombies. The person I was watching with said, "Oh, is this show going to be sort of like the Walking Dead now?" I thought it looked goofy. ETA: and my friends have been asking me why they ignored Sam. One thinks he has special powers. I got nothing. I thought that horse was cool looking though. That was a nice touch.

I never saw the wighs as "traditional" zombies more like ressurected corpses, but without the missing flesh or their bones stuck out, it really look like a zombie movie, but with awsome leaders. Yes the WW were amazing, but they attack at daytime

I love the White Walker's and I really got the impression that they were controlling the Wight's, as opposed to leading them. I'm interested in how/why they let Sam go? It clearly has something to do with the fact that he submitted to them, just as Will did in the Pilot. I think we can draw some previously unknown info on the White Walker's out of this fact as it makes them seem much more sentient and far less zombified.

The wights are dead people (and animals) reanimated. It seemed like they were a collection of undead wildlings and such and that they looked fine. I hope they don't add a bunch of gore, because that's one of the things that separates these 'zombies' from traditional ones. Their blood and guts are basically dried out and black. They're like walking shells of men.

The WWs were o.k. I wasn't crazy about the one that looked at Sam, but I loved the second one they showed with the crazy mask on his face.

Well the Wights are zombies in essence and it is hard to come up with something very different from your everyday TV/Movie zombies since the make up artists are basically the same people who do the other shows and movies. I really liked the White Walkers though who at the end of the day are the ones that make GOT monsters different from the rest.

PS: Anybody else was waiting for a Coldhands cameo? I know he was not supposed to be there but since Sam was all alone by himself there it alluded the scene in the books.

I kind of didn't like the "walking dead shuffle" that they were doing, as I always saw them as more animated in the books, but they were way more creepy this way. The white walker was awesome though. It didn't make much since that he actually saw Sam sitting there and moved on, but maybe they'll open season 3 with one of them attacking him and him using the Dragon's glass.

I kind of didn't like the "walking dead shuffle" that they were doing, as I always saw them as more animated in the books, but they were way more creepy this way. The white walker was awesome though. It didn't make much since that he actually saw Sam sitting there and moved on, but maybe they'll open season 3 with one of them attacking him and him using the Dragon's glass.

I watched the end again this morning and some do the 'dead shuffle' while others walk pretty normally. Almost like the shufflers do so because of an injury, otherwise they walk fairly normal.

well they're going to have to be more animated if we're going to see them in battle (although i won't be surprised if HBO skips over the battle, and oh how the internet will explode if they do), but i don't know what people expected the weights to look like. the basically ARE zombies except they don't eat people, but they're living dead. i thought it was great.

I thought the zombies were just as described in the books, it was said some were missing limbs and there was even one I think missing half a head, but yes, I really hope there isnt some dick in the HBO writing room telling everyone they need to pull pointers from The Walking Dead to get more betterer ratings.

*Fingers crossed*

I like the Others but hate the wights. I don't see how that horde is going to take out anyone. I never got the impression in the book that the wights shuffle along mindlessly. the opposite really

Did anyone think this was going to be a topic about which is the better adaptation? Anyone who thinks GoT is a terrible adaptation should probably read The Walking Dead then watch the show and be thankful we never got Ser T of House Dogg.

Both looked good...

You're not always going to get a fresh, intact corpse to reanimate. Some aren't going to be very pretty. Anyone, this was a march to the battlefield, not the assault. I'm sure these guys are going to give us a good fight.

As far as the Others... I thought they looked really cool. It's how I would imagine a venerable enemy from the dark side.

Well the Wights are zombies in essence and it is hard to come up with something very different from your everyday TV/Movie zombies

Yes, what the hell are people expecting? "I am so disappointed because the wights looked like zombies!!!"

They ARE zombies, how many different ways of looking are there for a reanimated body?

Yes, what the hell are people expecting? "I am so disappointed because the wights looked like zombies!!!"

They ARE zombies, how many different ways of looking are there for a reanimated body?

Not to mention the various stages of decay each of them will be in. Some will be fresher, and perhaps more animated (like the one that attacked Mormont.) Some will be in later stages of decomposition, and maybe the limbs and muscles don't work so well any more?

Even though the wights are dead it doesn't mean they have to be portrayed like that.

"But they ARE zombies!" So what? That only means they're dead/brought back to life. How about a little imagination ... Maimed, scarred, disfigured -- sure. But walking around like the extras in a zombie comedy? Come on ... Shaun of the Dead doesn't define how animated corpses should behave.

All the non-readers in my viewing party said the same. It looked lame. It doesn't fit into a show of this calibre.

What a shame.

Think about Catelyn after she's brought back to life. Will you be happy if she goes around with her hands in front of her, eyes rolling, tongue hanging out, moaning, wobbling from side to side? Isn't that how zombies behave, though? My picture of Cat was terrifying and heart-breaking, but she didn't look like your classical zombie at all.

just realized the genius of this scene. it was a meta reference to the amount of plot holes and illogical behavior from major characters in season 2 of GOT. they were smartly shouting out the pioneering influence that the walking dead has in plotholes and idiotic characters

Archived