[Book Spoilers] GoT or The Walking Dead?

teemo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what did you think of the wights? I was hugely disappointed because I thought they looked like a group of zombies. The person I was watching with said, "Oh, is this show going to be sort of like the Walking Dead now?" I thought it looked goofy. ETA: and my friends have been asking me why they ignored Sam. One thinks he has special powers. I got nothing. I thought that horse was cool looking though. That was a nice touch.

I think they leave him alone cause he pissed himself and probably more ...... and they definitely wont go near the smell.

• 2 weeks later...

How the fuck else would you show the wights? They look like other zombies on the show, because thats what theyre like in the books. If they look chewed up and cut up, thats only realistic, because a corpse wouldn't be healing, and wouldn't care about injuries sustained. Dont get the complaints here at all.

I find it hilarious that people are complaining that the wights looked like zombies when that's pretty much what they are. And although I prefer the graceful image of the Others in the books with the transparent swords, that WW looked absolutely fantastic IMO.

Oh, and the wight that attacked Jon in season 1 was pretty ferocious, so I doubt people are going to think that wights are useless. Their slow pace just seemed to indicate that it was an undead march.

I think there's a touch of nitpicking going on here. I agree with Pinkie Baelish, they're clearly just marching. In Season 1 when Jon kills the wight to protect Lord Commander Mormont, he appears pretty nippy when he storms across the room after Jon, so I wouldn't bet on them going with The Walking Dead-esque shuffle.

Although, even if they did then they have simply chosen to portray the wights in a more traditionalistic way, they are, after all, essentially just zombies. It's the leaders that truly matter.

Archived