What unseen character do see playing a huge role down the line?

Angel_gon

NOT INCLUDING HOWLAND REED. We all know his importance and by now he's an encyclopedia of knowledge and we can all safely say that he is too important to the story to not show up eventually. I ask because after reading ADWD, my dude Wyman Manderly came out of no where and owned the book. Yes, we've had few mentions of him before but I for one, did not expect at all for him to play such a huge role. He's been laying low and masterfully calculating a plan. He wants Rickon to raise the north, wants vengeance for the Red Wedding, and the Starks, death to any Frey, and will help Stannis if Davos succeeds with Rickon. So what unseen character or rarely seen character do you hope will step up or think will play a role in situations to come. It might be a little late in the story to start introducing new characters with big roles.

Ex:

-More Northmen like Manderly who want justice for the Red Wedding

-An unseen lannister who will help Jaime or Cersie

-Willas Tyrell possibly? We've seen most of the Tyrell family, but I don't think we've seen him. Yes, he is crippled, but could he be up to something?

-Targaryen loyalists who will come to Aegons cause?

-Tully bannermen maybe? They might fight to get back Riverrun

The Great Other itself is an obvious choice.

Willas Tyrell, Lord Hightower and whoever rules Skagos will have very large parts in the their respective conflicts in the future. Lord Hightower will have to hold Oldtown against the Ironborn and Willas is the Lord of the Reach whilst his father is away, so the defense of it's coast passes. The Lord/Chieftain of Skagos will affect Davos' mission to recover Rickon, I think as well.

The Blackfish - not completely unseen but we only did see him intermittently and then basically lost contact with him after the RW (aside from his brief conversation with Jamie). He's out there somewhere and I feel like he's going to play a big part before the end.

The Lord/Chieftain of Skagos will affect Davos' mission to recover Rickon, I think as well.

:agree:

Wylla (Jon Snow's wet nurse)

Lord Titus Peake of Starpike

Corsair king mentioned in ASoS and AFfC, could be Gerion Lannister

Well we didn't see much of Bran, but he obviously has a huge role to play. Both Coldhands (Benjen Stark I'm assuming) and Stoneface (Catelyn Stark) are behaving like others with free will (dead but intelligent). So I expect those two will be linked to Bran at some point in the future.

Well I think we'll see more action from the Citadel, so Sarella and other Maesters there.

Also, the heir/ward of Rosby is going to play some role in Cersei's storyline, just not sure what yet.

I'm also hoping that Gendry has some significant role to play later in the books... He was born to wield a hammer, hint, hint.

And finally Darkstar - he has too important of a family name not to amount to anything, and he seems like a colossal d-bag, so should make for interesting reading... He is of the night.

Archived