Could Melisandre resurrect Jon Snow?

YazzyYaz

I still fail to see how Jon asking for volunteers to march south and take care of someone directly threatening the well-being of the NW is breaking his vows. They foray north to off wildlings all the time, since they threaten the realm and NW. His march south wouldn't have been wrong in this regard.

I think there's something very fishy about the stabbing, and the explanation of it in TWOW is going to be nothing anyone expects. Perhaps Jon dreamt the whole thing as a warning of what not to do - he's had something like green dreams before. Perhaps Marsh and co. stabbed Ghost instead, and we're getting a POV from the wolf. Perhaps the wolf is seconds away from eviscerating the stabbers, and Jon will come away with a few stab wounds and nothing else.

I hope not. I want Jon to be dead, I disliked him. His chapters bored me and his personality is poo. Just my opinion don't try to change it, Jon lovers.

If you don't want to discuss your opinions, why did you bother to post them?

I don't think Jon's dead. He'll wake from a coma or something. If he were to die, I believe Martin would have had another chapter where they talk of some sort of aftermath.

Killing off Tyrion, Dany, or Jon before book 7 would be terrible writing.

jon is a little too "harry pottery" for me. But I don't think hes dead. Im sure something comes and saves him, GRRM himself must even be tired of seeing his own characters come back to life.melisandre will save him, or she will free the direwolf who will then save him, or he might just fight his way out of it.. unlesssssssss jon is just some stark bastard and aegon is the prince that was promised and jons story never meant anything in the first place!!!! what a twist!!!!

Martin is a slow writer.Millions of people around the world have read and re-read and re-re-read its books.Therefore things that were meant to come as big surpises end up being predicted cause there's a huge fanbase that ,after all this reading, can predict him.Obviously most predictions will be proved completely wrong but some will be true.Jon still living somehow is one of them in my opinion.If Martin had finished and published all 7 books by now it would be quite probable that people wouldn't have had that much time to study him and forsee twists in the plot.In that case Jon's return would have been a surprise for many.Now it's simply isn't.

Martin is a slow writer.Millions of people around the world have read and re-read and re-re-read its books.Therefore things that were meant to come as big surpises end up being predicted cause there's a huge fanbase that ,after all this reading, can predict him.Obviously most predictions will be proved completely wrong but some will be true.Jon still living somehow is one of them in my opinion.If Martin had finished and published all 7 books by now it would be quite probable that people wouldn't have had that much time to study him and forsee twists in the plot.In that case Jon's return would have been a surprise for many.Now it's simply isn't.

this is exactly it....at this point these forums are much more interesting than whatever book martin throws out... i think "slow" writer is giving him a bit too much credit. The time between 4 and 5 was just ridiculous, seeing as really not that much happened in 5. and now its just getting annoying. Laziness plays a part.. or could just be unwilling to put in the time and whatnot into writing..which is not completely inexcusable since the show is so popular.

Archived