[Book Spoilers] What is your favorite theory you've seen from non-readers?

sarah.jenice

Also, a friend asked me if this is going to be like the Matrix and Dany is "The One" because the visions she saw were traps trying to keep her from her destiny of saving the world.

My sense from the TV show is that this "theory" is essentially true.

The ruined throne room was a trap--note how she almost touches the throne and then recoils, realizing it isn't real. I think this indicates that if she would have sat upon the throne, she would be stuck in the HotU forever.

Likewise notice how she almost kisses Drogo but pulls away at the last second. I think she had given in and kissed him like she wanted to, she would have been stuck in limbo with her memories/dreams forever.

Some book readers were scandalized that they didn't show the same prophecies from the book, but a lot of those would be too over-the-top / literal / cheesy / spoilery / expenive if put to film, so I think the showrunners and director thought very carefully about which visions to show instead.

The ruined throne room *was* the song of Ice and Fire, a prophecy of destruction from dragon fire (note the fire-blasted remiains of the rock above) and the White Walkers (the never-ending winter). The encounter with Drogo was a suitable replacement for the vision of Raymond(?) Darry in the book who extends his hand to her and tells her to come back to join him in the house with the red door. This was obviously a trap in the form of an apparition of a loved one, just as it was in the book.

I thought the sequence was beautiful, but I may be in the minority.

This Unsullied forum is very interesting:

http://forums.televi...3204374&st=3810

Most of them are really quite clever. They have for example almost taken for granted that Robb will die soon, as a result of his romance with, and marriage to, Talisa.

Wow, this forum is very fun to read. People are actually discussing the series and not just complaining how terrible and ruined everything is.

One of my friends thinks that Shae and Varys have a sexual attraction for each other and are going to have sex, and that Varys isn't really a eunuch. That is one of the weirder ones, although many book many readers do think maybe Varys is faking the whole eunuch thing. I'll have to ask around.

One of my friends thinks that Shae and Varys have a sexual attraction for each other and are going to have sex, and that Varys isn't really a eunuch. That is one of the weirder ones, although many book many readers do think maybe Varys is faking the whole eunuch thing. I'll have to ask around.

ok.... except he obviously IS a real eunuch based on Ros's reaction to him in the brothel, in the most recent episode... unless he is improbably small and/or is doing some extreme tucking or magic tricks

ok.... except he obviously IS a real eunuch based on Ros's reaction to him in the brothel, in the most recent episode... unless he is improbably small and/or is doing some extreme tucking or magic tricks

Oh, yeah. So that theory of his theory is probably out the window since the last episode. He had been harping on it ever since him and Shae were talking about fish pie or whatever. I wonder if that theory of Varys not being an actual eunuch is dead now because of that scene with Ros? A lot of book readers have been speculating that he's possibly a Blackfyre, hence the shaven head, and the whole eunuch thing is a scheme (plus, sometimes his voice gets really deep, like right before he killed Kevan). But that's a whole different story.

Arya becoming Lord Commander of the Night's Watch? LOL. I'm sorry but your fiance needs to pay more attention to the series. The Night's Watch is made up of only boys. Its one of the main features of the NW.

Well, I though about that but then I remembered how the Night's Watch is in aDwD. Enough said :cool4:

Edit: Typo

I hear the "Podcast of Ice and Fire" and they had a non-reader (Larry from Otaku Assemble) in the episode right after "Blackwater". They asked what he though about Robb and Talisa and he didn't see any problems. He said "A king can have his whores". I guess he will be surprised...

The FM can change their faces like they do, but can they change their hair? Jaqen's didn't change in the show, and I don't remember any mention of hair changing in the book.

I wonder how much a perm would cost in King's Landing.

The FM can change their faces like they do, but can they change their hair? Jaqen's didn't change in the show, and I don't remember any mention of hair changing in the book.

I'm pretty sure when Jaqen's hair also changes in the book, going from long and red/white to short black and curly.

I wonder how much a perm would cost in King's Landing.

It stayed the same length and wave, but wasn't it dark when he turned round, when it was previously reddish with a white streak?

Obviously keeping the hair looking similar was for the shows big reveal as he turned round. Artistic license, shall we say?

The non-reader I watch with said his hopes and expectations after this last episode were:

- Wanted Sansa and Tyrion to marry

- Wanted Arya to join the faceless men

- Expected Robb to die for breaking his pact to Walder Frey

- Expected/wanted Dany to invade westeros

I don't know how he did it, but I couldn't keep a straight face when he said the last one.

Dany and Robb will team up, beat the hell out of everyone and get happily married! (that was before the finale) I actually heard that...... Poor people.

Nobody has really understood who attacked Winterfell, and I heard the theory that it was Asha/Yara who wanted to steal her brother's glory......

Archived