[Spoilers] The Three Dragon Heads?

Tyrion Lannister, third Child of Lord Tywin Lannister, killed his mother in childbirth.

Daenerys Targaryen, third child of King Aerys Targaryen, killed her mother in childbirth.

Jon Snow, third child of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen (if R+L=J), killed his mother in childbirth.

Stop this "I don't like this character so they can't be one" nonsense and just think about it. :P

You nailed my theory right on the noggin!!!!

But I see it a bit different in that they didn't "kill" their mother. I see it as their mothers literally sacrificed their lives for them, making them special.

TWO QUESTIONS.

since nearly everybody has figured out that jon = L+R , Will GRRM change the plot to shock the readers? it doesnt seem likely when you see the effort he put into putting the hidden hints in there from the beginning of the series but then again you never know with GRRM. If jon really equals L+R he would definately have to be one of the three heads without question. plus the whole "a song of ice and fire" cant be just a coincidence.

Secondly i dont see why everyone sees arriane as one of the riders? she has no targaryen in her wouldnt she just end up like her brother?

GRRM has already stated that he doesn't change the plot based on his reader's theories.

And in my opinion this is also a statement that we, his reader's have already figured out alot. He's has referenced to these forums in different interviews, so I think he has read some theories already.

I replyed recently to a similar topic:

'And isn't there something about dragons choosing thier riders? See, if I were a dragon, out of all the characters in the book, Arya Stark is at the absolute top of my list of who gets to ride me. All the better if she can warg Nimeria into battle when she needs too, leading the worlds biggest pack of wolves. But that's just me. Man, I love these books.

But I have no special insight into who will get a dragon. Dany has one. Arya is a great candidate, IMO. I sort of like Bran too (using his special warg tree warg see through time and space to comunicate sort of powers to call one to him), but that would mean both Starks have one, and when Dany falls and Jon gets her's, well, it's all smiles for the Starks. So I guess that's not happeing. We have been promised a 'bittersweet' ending .'

Am I misremembering (hehe) this, can dragons choose their rider?

Maybe Dany never gets to Westeros. Maybe her entire purpose is in Essos. So maybe she isn't even one of the dragon riders (or heads).

Which leaves literally every other character, as this thread has noted.

My favorite contender for a dragon is Bran through warging. So that's one.

I also like Jon ending up on one. How? Who knows? If he is healed (or resurrected), it seems he would need to get away from the Wall. Maybe he goes east. To get a dragon. To fight the wights. Let's face it, he's not the greatest Lord Commander. But he is deadly serious about the treat the Others pose.

In my scenario, there is no Dany, so Jon gets Drogon (his aunt's dragon!)

The last one? Well, we have Jon leading the pack, accompanied by his "brother". If we want the Aegon the Conquerer parallel to hold, it would need to be another "sibling." Not Sansa, obviously. Rickon would be genuinely awesome, given how much page time he's had. But he's too young. Robb's dead. So it must be Arya. How on earth could she wind up on a dragon? We have to assume that Bran wargs in and eventually gains the dragon's trust. Jon will be "chosen" (or something) because of who he is. What about Arya?

Moqorro says (to Victarion): "Who blows the hellhorn matters not. The dragons will come to the horn’s master. You must claim the horn. With blood.”

So something along those lines. She gets the horm with blood.

Do I believe any of the above? Nope. But I think it illustrates just how wide open this thing really is.

GRRM has already stated that he doesn't change the plot based on his reader's theories.

And in my opinion this is also a statement that we, his reader's have already figured out alot. He's has referenced to these forums in different interviews, so I think he has read some theories already.

yeah i saw the interview after the post but one thing it confirmed for me is that he has seen theories and although he said he doesnt change the plot based on his readers theories he cant stop it from influencing him altogether. He also said he knows what direction the plot is going but doesnt know exactly how it will get there. this shows that he hasnt got everything down on paper so if he read something about a character he thought was intresting and well thought of, why wouldnt he use it or change it alittle?

no one would know because the reader would only think that his theory was correct and grrm meant to write that in the first place..

if he read the forums and saw what most people were convinced of, that could easily convince him into shocking them and writing something they wouldnt expect.

I think we might be too focused on the need for 3 dragon riders.... Maybe Dany can control all 3.. She is the Mother of Dragons... the old rules might be changing... being

able to survive the funeral pyre, emerge with 3 dragons... has got to make you somewhat special at handling dragons .. admittedly she has not done much so far with dragon training, maybe Tyrion will help her in that role.

yeah i saw the interview after the post but one thing it confirmed for me is that he has seen theories and although he said he doesnt change the plot based on his readers theories he cant stop it from influencing him altogether. He also said he knows what direction the plot is going but doesnt know exactly how it will get there. this shows that he hasnt got everything down on paper so if he read something about a character he thought was intresting and well thought of, why wouldnt he use it or change it alittle?

no one would know because the reader would only think that his theory was correct and grrm meant to write that in the first place..

if he read the forums and saw what most people were convinced of, that could easily convince him into shocking them and writing something they wouldnt expect.

Quite indeed but, I don't think GRRM is influenced that much of our theories. Of course it can change some viewpoints for him, if there is things that he hasn't thought of, but I still think that he will not change something like Jon's parents. Even though we think we have figured it out, I don't see him changing that if it's true.

And also because this forum is big, but there is still thousands of readers that haven't thought of all these things, so for most people many things will still come as shocking.

I've always speculated about this with 3 things in mind:

1) 1 dragon. 3 heads. As in, all 3 riders are Targs and thus part of the same "dragon."

2) Tyrion and Jon are Targs.

3) "A Song of Ice and Fire" is the name given to the tale of the events in the books by all future Westerosi, namely because the kingdom is righted by Targs & Starks coming together to save it, but also because it's the story of the dragons returning for one final showdown, this time to rid the world of the Others, AND because the eventual ruler after the dust settles is John/Pwwp/Aar and he (as a trueborn son of a Targaryen and a Stark) is the only character who can claim to be born of both ice and fire.

Now, after reading this thread, two new ideas mentioned lead me to my theory on the three heads:

1. The dragons have grown too large and will have to fly (and be ridden) to Westeros.

2. "3 heads" doesn't necessarily equate to 3 riders!! Man, did I feel thick after realizing this. This whole time I have been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole by limiting the number of riders to 3!!

So, my theory goes like this:

1) Dany - Probably fated to die at some point, but not before she mounts Drogon and goes Terminator all over the place. How does she do this? Wild plot twist #1 - She's flying on Drogon when Victarion blows the horn. He flies to Victarion. Dany burns him, saves the city from being sacked, claims his fleet by right of conquest. I mean, which ironborn are going to argue when she's sitting naked on Drogon's back, burning Victarion to death right in front of them on his own ship?

2) Jon, Pwwp, Aar, - Dude's comin' back with a vengeance. How does he get his dragon (Rhaegal, 'cause, you know, his dad was Rhaegar) you might ask?? Wild plot twist #2 - Arya is ordered to assassinate Dany, gets to her court, is recognized by Tyrion who, along with Barristan Selmy, reveals to Dany that the Starks are not as bad as she thought and one of them is really her nephew and the rightful heir to her father's throne!! Because of this, Dany decides to enter Westeros from the north and Arya rides Rhaegal to Jon!

3) Tyrion - I'd like to see a Selmy POV in which he reveals to Dany that Jon is her nephew and after leaving her to seek out Tyrion, finds him perched (and surprised about it) on top of Viserion. When Tyrion speculates why the dragon has allowed this, Selmy drops his second bomb of the chapter: "Tyrion, my boy, it's because his blood flows in your veins and yours in his." BAM.

Random predictions:

1) They all help to depose Stannis after Jon is reborn and he refuses to bend the knee or at least allow the North to rule itself in return for helping him march farther south.

2) Bran wargs an ice dragon at some point, preventing it from eliminating Dany, Jon, & Tyrion's dragons, and turning it on the Others.

3) Dany and Jon get all hot for one another and are eventually killed, but NOT before they take over the throne and she gives birth to their child. Dany dies first, Jon avenges her, but dies in the act. How's that for bittersweet?

4) Tyrion rules with his wife, Sansa, until Jon and Dany's kid comes of age, ANOTHER reason why future Westerosi call this tale The Song of Ice and Fire!! The royal line is now of both! It's the "song of the royal family" parents tell their children as they weave Diredragon banners!

5) Just for kicks - the madness is cured by the infusion of Stark blood into the line.

Any takers??

My theory is:

Drogon: Daenerys, shes already warged into him and has already ridden him so thats a no-brainer.

Rhaegal: I see Melisandre giving Jon the kiss of life and bringing him back. When Dany lands they find themselves at the Wall and Rhaegal wargs with Jon. Which leads to questions about about his birth that Howland Reed or Varis answer. Ghost and Rhaegal represent like the Targ and Stark parts of his blood. After he leads the wall to victory against the others he and every other member ot the wall ( including Theon) have the choice to "end their watch" and marry and stuff. Jon ends up with either Val or Dany, becoming either Lord of the free folk or king.

Viserion: Not sure, it might be Aegon but this talk of a "mummer's dragon" might mean that hes really not a Targ. Then again that vision Dany had about Rhaegar in aCoK proves that is a head. hmm....

This is all just wishful thinking but i hope the Jon part comes true.

The dragon has three heads... but is that dragon-riders, or is that Azor Ahai, the role shared between three people? Aemon talks about how the language has been misleading them with regards to Azor Ahai/The Prince that was Promised, because dragons change gender. That suggests "the dragon has three heads" refers to Azor Ahai. (which probably overlaps with dragon-riding in any case, whatever)

Daenerys is confirmed as AA. (The prophecy is AA is the one who will wake dragons from stone. Daenerys has woken dragons from stone. The second part is about defeating the Others, and here I'm arguing there will be three people sharing the main role in that.)

Jon is quite possibly one of them too. Melisandre's seen him while looking for AA, which is weak support. He hasn't fulfilled any of the parts of the prophecy, but he could do now he's died, and he's in a good position to be important against the Others.

The third is quite up in the air. If Aegon is Rhaegar's son and R+L=J, it's probably Aegon for symmetry. But Daenerys could fulfill the "born of Aerys&Saerella" part by herself, freeing the third slot to be anyone at all. I think Tyrion's going to ride a dragon that's too small to carry anyone else, though he may not be part of AA. Victarion is a good candidate for a non-AA rider. Personally I'm in favour of Arya being the third, mostly because she would need something big to not become a Faceless Person and I don't think she will become truely No one. (Too many fanfics have her leaving very quickly: she's not going to balk at killing people, and if they are much more evil than we've seen... well, we haven't seen it.)

I also support Cersei as Azor Ahai, because lol.

Only reason I see Tyrion maybe riding a dragon is because of the saddle he fashioned for Bran. When he mentioned he made a similar saddle for himself, I immediately thouoght he could whip up another one to put on the back of a dragon.

Maybe Dany never gets to Westeros. Maybe her entire purpose is in Essos. So maybe she isn't even one of the dragon riders (or heads).

Which leaves literally every other character, as this thread has noted.

My favorite contender for a dragon is Bran through warging. So that's one.

I also like Jon ending up on one. How? Who knows? If he is healed (or resurrected), it seems he would need to get away from the Wall. Maybe he goes east. To get a dragon. To fight the wights. Let's face it, he's not the greatest Lord Commander. But he is deadly serious about the treat the Others pose.

In my scenario, there is no Dany, so Jon gets Drogon (his aunt's dragon!)

The last one? Well, we have Jon leading the pack, accompanied by his "brother". If we want the Aegon the Conquerer parallel to hold, it would need to be another "sibling." Not Sansa, obviously. Rickon would be genuinely awesome, given how much page time he's had. But he's too young. Robb's dead. So it must be Arya. How on earth could she wind up on a dragon? We have to assume that Bran wargs in and eventually gains the dragon's trust. Jon will be "chosen" (or something) because of who he is. What about Arya?

Moqorro says (to Victarion): "Who blows the hellhorn matters not. The dragons will come to the horn’s master. You must claim the horn. With blood.”

So something along those lines. She gets the horm with blood.

Do I believe any of the above? Nope. But I think it illustrates just how wide open this thing really is.

boring dany will not just and is a contender for westros and she will make it there and be queen she will be needed to fight the wildlings/undeads

Archived