Poll

greygnarl

All the evidence points to 'Yes', and I do believe it.

I'm actually beginning to think if it would be better if it's never revealed, or Jon never finds out.

I was just thinking the same thing. How's this for an ending for ADOS: Jon dies in some epic battle and goes down in Westeros history as the savior of Westeros. But, sadly, he never finds out the truth about his mother.

The Epilogue to ADOS is Bran doing a Weirwood flashback of Rhaegar and Lyanna' relationship and also what happened at the Tower of Joy. Thus, we the readers find out the truth, but Jon never does.

I was just thinking the same thing. How's this for an ending for ADOS: Jon dies in some epic battle and goes down in Westeros history as the savior of Westeros. But, sadly, he never finds out the truth about his mother.

The Epilogue to ADOS is Bran doing a Weirwood flashback of Rhaegar and Lyanna' relationship and also what happened at the Tower of Joy. Thus, we the readers find out the truth, but Jon never does.

Yeah, I can see this happening.

Oh, and a 70% yes.

Yes.

The idea that GRRM would change something because fans figured it out is ridiculous. What's the point of writing a mystery if you don't want people to figure it out? Also, I would be a little concerned if 15 years wasn't enough time to figure out a literary mystery.

Yes.

Every fantasy has to have a dispossessed, possibly bastard, orphan of fabulous but unknown parents who also has secret powers and an amazing weapon to fight on the side of right in the War Between Good and Evil. It is known -- just ask Jesus, King Arthur and Frodo.

Archived