[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

The whole Lightbringer/Nyssa Nyssa thing is just a story, in my opinion. It is not going to happen in a literal sense. Something allegorically similar may happen, but I think what will be more significant when it comes to Jaime/Brienne is the existence of matching swords made from Ice, just as they had matching swords, lit with flame, in Jaime's weirwood stump dream. At some point, we will see them fighting side by side with Oathkeeper and a hopefully re-named Widow's Wail (does it get any tackier than Widow's Wail? Lord, Joffrey).

Where is this supposed "love" between Jaime and Brienne coming from? I think they have mutual respect for each other, but neither one is attracted to the other sexually or romantically. I'm sure GRRM has an interesting storyline planned for Jaime and Brienne, and I suspect it includes Jaime as the valonqar, but I cannot see Lady Stoneheart allowing Jaime to get away (in her eyes) a third time.

As for Lightbringer and Nissa Nissa...the sword is already forged. Why would it need to be plunged into anyone's heart a second time?

Edited by Melisandra

Where is this supposed "love" between Jaime and Brienne coming from? I think they have mutual respect for each other, but neither one is attracted to the other sexually or romantically. I'm sure GRRM has an interesting storyline planned for Jaime and Brienne, and I suspect it includes Jaime as the valonqar, but I cannot see Lady Stoneheart allowing Jaime to get away (in her eyes) a third time.

As for Lightbringer and Nissa Nissa...the sword is already forged. Why would it need to be plunged into anyone's heart a second time?

Brienne refers to Jaime's appearance as godlike, I think that indicates sexual attraction. Jaime got hard when he was in the tub with Brienne, which he tried to dismiss in his head, but he could not help but constantly be reminded of her, he views he as an equal and thats attractive to him, unlike his new view of Cersei as a helpless moron. Also when Brienne is semi-unconscious/unconscious in AFFC after killing Rorge and getting eaten by Bitter she is said to have shouted his name a dozen times. I don't know if you have ever woken up from a medically induced unconsciousness, but it's actually nearly impossible to lie, you are in a very honest state because you don't have certain more complex emotions.

What have you been reading? Neither can stop thinking about the other. They most likely won't get a happy ever after, or even get a chance to "be" together, but they have feelings for each other.

As to Lightbringer,

1. We don't know where it is.

2. We don't know if it is still even around.

3. We don't know if it would work for again/ in someone else hands.

The popular theory is a new sword would have to be formed with a new sacrifice. Some think that when Jon killed half-hand with Longclaw, it was the sacrifice needed.

What have you been reading? Neither can stop thinking about the other. They most likely won't get a happy ever after, or even get a chance to "be" together, but they have feelings for each other.

As to Lightbringer,

The popular theory is a new sword would have to be formed with a new sacrifice. Some think that when Jon killed half-hand with Longclaw, it was the sacrifice needed.

'

I've also heard the theory that it's going to be Ice reforged, or Dawn, I think that we may not be looking at an actual sword but a revitalized Night's Watch, but my guess is really as good as any of yours.

Freerider...."You know, trial by combat between the two would be a good way to fulfill the Azor Ahai prophecy by having either one of them plunge Oathkeeper through the others heart."

I actually think it is quite possible that he kills Cersei making the same true. He loves her and it would be a way to appease UnCat...

Melissandre.... "There has been speculation that Jaime is actually Cersei's valonqar, and maybe Lady Stoneheart will allow him to go free if he promises to kill her."

Then the sexual tension between Brienne and Jamie could be explored :-o Ha But I definitely think Jamie (being the younger twin) to be the Valonqar

Brienne refers to Jaime's appearance as godlike, I think that indicates sexual attraction. Jaime got hard when he was in the tub with Brienne, which he tried to dismiss in his head, but he could not help but constantly be reminded of her, he views he as an equal and thats attractive to him, unlike his new view of Cersei as a helpless moron. Also when Brienne is semi-unconscious/unconscious in AFFC after killing Rorge and getting eaten by Bitter she is said to have shouted his name a dozen times. I don't know if you have ever woken up from a medically induced unconsciousness, but it's actually nearly impossible to lie, you are in a very honest state because you don't have certain more complex emotions.

As to Lightbringer,

I've read the entire series twice and neither time did I think Jaime and Brienne love each other. You're seeing way too much into their thoughts and reactions. Thoughts and bodily reactions can be unconsious, random and unedited.

I've read the entire series twice and neither time did I think Jaime and Brienne love each other. You're seeing way too much into their thoughts and reactions. Thoughts and bodily reactions can be unconsious, random and unedited.

We'll see, but id say there is way more going for Brienne and Jaime falling for each other than almost any other speculation on this forum. As for us reading to much into it, well I'm pretty sure most people are on our side on this one, its actually really surprising to me that you feel differently.

We'll see, but id say there is way more going for Brienne and Jaime falling for each other than almost any other speculation on this forum. As for us reading to much into it, well I'm pretty sure most people are on our side on this one, its actually really surprising to me that you feel differently.

Hopefully we won't have to wait 5 or more years for the next book! I really haven't been able to get intereseted in any other books since reading these!

I was rereading a Jamie Chapter from AFOC last night and at the very end when he is in Harrenhall and meets with Red Ronnet where they begin to discuss Brienne. Ronnet confessed that they were to be married but she was too ugly for him. When Jamie slaps him with his golden hand all I could think about was, "Boy, he is in looooooooooooovvve (but doesn't know or want to acknowledge it.)!"

I was rereading a Jamie Chapter from AFOC last night and at the very end when he is in Harrenhall and meets with Red Ronnet where they begin to discuss Brienne. Ronnet confessed that they were to be married but she was too ugly for him. When Jamie slaps him with his golden hand all I could think about was, "Boy, he is in looooooooooooovvve (but doesn't know or want to acknowledge it.)!"

The best part is that at the beginning of his next POV, he mentions sending Red Ronnet away on some task so he won't even have to look at him anymore.

I think it's likely that either Jaime and Brienne are sidetracked from going directly back to Cat (possibly info that leads them to Sansa and Jaime dies in rescue) or they return, perhaps, duel but some other major event intervenes to yet again change the dynamics.

I don't believe GRRM would revive Cat just to have her die again without seeing one of her children alive.

It is possible, as someone said, earlier, that Cat would want to attempt to return to Winterfell if she thought there was any hope of finding Arya.

But meanwhile we all believe Brienne is using a ruse to lure Jaime to a vengeful Catelyn but maybe it's not.

What if Brienne is telling a partial truth? She has found out where Sansa is but takes Jaime to Catelyn first.

Then Catelyn has to decide what she wants more--vengeance or her daughter safe?

In the end Catelyn deciding to go herself back to Winterfell taking Pod with her and sending Brienne and Jaime to the Vale.

Additionally, what if Catelyn is able to get Jaime to confess his incest. She might be able to use that to destroy Cersei and what's left of the Lannisters.

Edited by TheReal_Rebel

What i find possibly interesting possibly sadly ironic is that if Uncat heard how Brienne lured Jaime away from his army, or somehow found out, she would know or at least have a strong bit of evidence indicating that Jaime really would have kept his word in returning Sansa.

I'm sure Brienne would offer that as a defense for Jaime when or if she pleads for him before Catelyn.

Edited by TheReal_Rebel

What i find possibly interesting possibly sadly ironic is that if Uncat heard how Brienne lured Jaime away from his army, or somehow found out, she would know or at least have a strong bit of evidence indicating that Jaime really would have kept his word in returning Sansa.

I'm sure Brienne would offer that as a defense for Jaime when or if she pleads for him before Catelyn.

Lady Stoneheart is not going to be open to anymore do-overs when it comes to Jaime. It would be more likely if Brienne and Jaime fight their way out of this one.

I wonder if Brienne bringing Jaime to Lady Stoneheart is a plotline to inform Stoneheart of the betrayal that Petyr Baelish has done to all that she holds dear.

I believe that Jaime knew that Baelish sent a girl pretending to be Arya Stark to the Bolton's. Word must have gone out and Jaime must have heard that Baelish has also pronounced himself to be the guardian of “Sweet Robin” Arryn and Lord Protector of the Vale after Lysa’s death. This is information that Lady Stoneheart would not be aware of and once she finds out she may determine that Baelish’s maneuverings are not from someone as dear as a “little brother” but that he has been conspiring against all she has loved since Robert Arryn’s death.

Also, Lady Stoneheart doesn’t know that “Oathkeeper” was reforged from “Ice.” This may not appear to be a big reveal, but the sentiment that the sword of House Stark being reforged to be a Lannister heirloom will probably add to her anger.

So, Jaime arriving with information is a plot line that moves Lady Stoneheart towards a confrontation with Peryr.

I like Pod as much as the next guy but he is not a tank. He killed a Kingsguard but it wasn't down to prowess in combat. If Pod jumped into a fight against the Brotherhood he would be cut down in seconds! He's not even armed at this point!

Hasn't "Ser, My'Lady" been training Podrick while they've been together?

Edited by PrinceHenryris