[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

Mel seems to be be extremely focused on her "mission" though. I would have said she fits the pattern perfectly. Everything she does is to aid give rise to AA and battle the Unnamed God. It's as if somewhere the Red Priests or whomever it was got together and assigned her the task of heralding the return of AA and leading the battle. And oh yeah, then killing her and bringing her back to undeath so she could survive an unnaturally long time to complete the mission.

Also, I find the Mel POV to be one of the strangest detours in the entire series. She's been there since CoK and all of a sudden we get a single POV chapter to clue us in on several things about her nature, and possibly Jon's nature, but not really to advance anything as far as I can tell.

The Red Priests have nothing to do with Melisandre's activities. GRRM has stated that Mel arrived at Dragonstone with her own agenda.

In regard to the speculation about what's about to happen to Jaime and Brienne, I think the singer/bwb knight Tom Sevenstrings is going to have a big part of it. I just got to that part in my re-read, where Jaime tells Edmure what he is going to do to Riverrun if he does not yield, it mentions Tom was there listening specifically before Jaime has him play Rains of Castamere. I think that'll be used against him in his "trial" or will somehow come into play later. I also agree with what was said earlier, that it would be anticlimactic to just hang Jaime or something. I really believe he is Cersei's "valonquer". During one of her AFfC chapters where she said she found out that word means younger brother, I figured the obvious choice would be Tyrion, but Jaime was likely the second out of the womb and would choke her out with his good hand, possibly on a mission from BWB.

A bit off topic, but something I thought was interesting in that Cersei chapter is that the Maegi told Cersei that she would have three children, and they would have "golden crowns and golden shrouds", I wondered if that meant that all of them would be crowned king/queen before they died.

Yes. That was my assumption also, that all three would be crowned before they died.

I thought all three would die at first, but then i thought about how most of the prophecies are worded; alot of them have some aspect that is straight forward, then another part that can be twisted into alot of directions and interpretations. I'm theorizing now that Tommen's death will be faked unbeknowst to Cersei, (using the poison she was gonna serve to Tommen if they lost the Battle of the Blackwater) and that cersei's three children will indeed have golden shrouds confirming the prophecy yet sparing the innocent tommen. I'm thinking that maybe jaime will somehow orchestrate this with his life at stake as a last ditch effort to uncat and the bwb to save his and brienne's lives. uncat will have jaime strangle cersei after he is sent to kings landing for "tommen's funeral".

I thought all three would die at first, but then i thought about how most of the prophecies are worded; alot of them have some aspect that is straight forward, then another part that can be twisted into alot of directions and interpretations. I'm theorizing now that Tommen's death will be faked unbeknowst to Cersei, (using the poison she was gonna serve to Tommen if they lost the Battle of the Blackwater) and that cersei's three children will indeed have golden shrouds confirming the prophecy yet sparing the innocent tommen. I'm thinking that maybe jaime will somehow orchestrate this with his life at stake as a last ditch effort to uncat and the bwb to save his and brienne's lives. uncat will have jaime strangle cersei after he is sent to kings landing for "tommen's funeral".

Sorry, but the poison scene with Cersei and Tommen was only the TV version. It's not in the books. That was my favorite episode, though.

Idk. The whole cersei poisoning tommen was an idea by the t.v. show adaption,at least I thought. Since there was no cersei POV in that book. She did want ilyn payne to take her and sansa's heads id stannis succeeded So I don't see where that would be important in the novels. I think the lannister house will fall similarly to the targaryens which fell thanks to the lannisters. Possibly leaving a last lannister of the rock to keep the line alive (maybe tyrion) (maybe jamie) I don't think it will be cersei or any of her children. I think a younger more beautiful queen will see to her undoing. Or cersei will undo herself as she has been since a storm of swords. Maggie's prophecy may not come to full terms. But I do see a dead cersei tommen and myrcella. Its like the irony that tywin crushed the targs so his family could take their place as the most powerful in the realm he wanted a dynasty to last a thousand years but that desire deystroys their house instead. But who knows I'm just rambling my own thoughts >_<

Edited by liam stark

Brienne will probably lead him to the BWB and then her Jaime and Podrick will smash the BWB to bits.

I dont know if Podrick will be freed when Jaime arrives or if they will have to break him out, but once he is out, pod is going to kick some ass.

IF Brienne learned one thing from Jaime, it is that somtimes an Oath needs to be broken.(sword is also named Oathbreaker)

The swords name is Oathkeeper.

They free Sansa, Brienne joins sansa's guard, Jamie dies in the Fighting

Why people want to see Jaime dead, of all people? He has done things that are bad, things that are questionable, he has done things that are noble and heroic but does he deserve to die? If GRRM wanted Jaime dead then there would be more than one chapter in DWD. Instead we got Arya chapter, as always, Cersei, Dany, Tyrion, Jon, even Barristan and Melisandre. And Jaime? He is reunited with Brienne at the middle of the book and she tells him something that according to the reader cannit be the truth, Sandor has Sansa. Much later, Cersei says that Jaime is lost in the Riverlands, following Brienne. His situation is difficult, but it is a cliffhanger not a proof that he will die. Poor Ned died but unlike Jaime, his storyline was over. Jaime has so many things to do, meet Tyrion again for example.

So what gave jamie the authority to rename it oathkeeper? The sword is named Ice a stark has more power to rename it than a lannister.

Jaime didn't, Tywin Lannister, The Hand of the King, renamed it after he had it reforged into two longswords, Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper.

Jaime didn't, Tywin Lannister, The Hand of the King, renamed it after he had it reforged into two longswords, Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper.

Widow's Wail was a suggestion thrown out at court within Joffrey's hearing. He liked it and named the sword Widow's Wail.

Jaime named the other sword Oathkeeper because he wanted to fulfill his oath to Catelyn to bring Sansa and/or Arya home...even though he gave the sword and assignment to Brienne to complete.

Edited by Melisandra

Widow's Wail was a suggesting thrown out at court within Joffrey's hearing. He liked it and named the sword Widow's Wail.

Jaime named the other sword Oathkeeper because he wanted to fulfill his oath to Catelyn to bring Sansa and/or Arya home...even though he gave the sword and assignment to Brienne to complete.

My point was that Uncat couldn't officially name the sword. You are correct.

Edited by Ororo727 Jon Snow Fangirl

george confirmed that the word brienne screamed was “sword”; lady stoneheart gave brienne the choice of either swearing her sword to her or being hung, saying “sword or noose”, and as brienne was being hung she screamed “sword”

the questions moved on for some time, but then a girl asked “well what about podrick payne? he was getting hung with brienne!” and george confirmed that brienne had made the decision to swear her sword to stoneheart in order to save the innocent podrick payne from the noose

THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP!!! I really needed that answer. :bowdown: