[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

That was before it reached the point of "Nothing had ever hurt so much." The scream comes after.

Maybe. Maybe not. In any event, many are of the opinion that the books have already become tedious and pointless.

But regardless, GRRM has made comments in interviews about characters (plural) who come back from death, BESIDES BERIC, who, like Beric, display hints of having lost a large part of their humanity, and replacing it with a narrow focus on some mission they had in life which keeps them going. So he seems to claim we have seen at least 3 such characters (Beric, plus at least 2 more). The only 3 that fit this bill are UnBeric, UnCat, and UnBrienne.

UnBeric was fulfilling Ned's mission, but had forgotten the girl he was to marry.

UnCat was pursuing the motivations of her final act - merciless vengeance, and has apparently lost any interest in her daughters.

UnBrienne when we saw her, was pursuing her final mission: "sword" representing "take the sword and kill the kingslayer". Her target was a man she used to love, again displaying loss of humanity.

Beric

UnCat

Robert Strong

That's 3.

Edited by StarkDragon

Actually Catelyn overheard the killer of her son Robb at the Red Wedding say one very cutting line which we must assume the ever-verngeful Lady Stoneheart took very seriously and very literally. Dear Roose Bolton (or so I presume), has false incriminated our dear Jamie before Catelyn.

Actually I think it is merely an ironic reference of Roose's part to Jaime's parting words to Roose Bolton before leaving Harrenhal for King's Landing. Jaime of course knows nothing of the Red Wedding to come or his Father's hand and means his words in an entirely different context.

And so a terrible and ill-fitting fate laid down for Jaime, ever the one of misattributed deeds, by a misunderstanding and perhaps the one and only moment we see humour from Roose Bolton.

I don't think Lady Stoneheart needs any more motivation to hate Jaime Lannister. After all, it's undisputed fact that Jaime pushed her son Bran out of a tower window. I think Roose's last words to Rob are just him keeping his promise to Jaime. Roose's queer honor.

I don't think Lady Stoneheart needs any more motivation to hate Jaime Lannister. After all, it's undisputed fact that Jaime pushed her son Bran out of a tower window. I think Roose's last words to Rob are just him keeping his promise to Jaime. Roose's queer honor.

Maybe to the readers, as far I can tell no one in universe has ever considered Jaime for that deed.

• 2 weeks later...

With this information we can assume that Brienne is leading Jaime into a trap. Upon being captured he will demand a trial by combat. Given he has only one hand, Lady Stoneherath will grant it. Maybe they've joined up with Thoros at this point. Stonehearth will choose Brienne as her champion and Jaime will fight himself. What that battle leads to only the gods know.

I don't think Jaime will lose, his arc would be pointless if he's to lose a trial by combat for horrors he did before he was on his redemption arc.

Brienne might well die. I don't see much use for her anymore other than having a final battle with Jaime. Or Jaime might get her into a position where he would be able to kill her and refrain from doing it, further convincing Stonehearth he is not the man he once was.

If Jaime somehow wins, Lady Stonehearth and moreso Thoros of Myr will be convinced of his innocence in the sight of the gods, especially since he won with only one hand. Maybe we will get a Victarion/Moqorro situation where Thoros animates Jaime's right hand, somehow making it bound to only fight the good fights.

Maybe Stonehearth then forces him to go after Sansa/Arya or kill Cersei/Walder Frey/Roose Bolton.

Podrick Payne

Prince that was Promised

Just saying.....

;)

Yeah, they've been in it this long, surely he's keeping them around for something important.

• 1 month later...

At best: Brienne recaptures Jaime. Cat doesn't kill him, but he did agree to give back her daughters.

This is where he broke his oath. So now he's prisoner again at best. Dead at worst.

Assuming this is the case, what do you think Cat would demand (from Cersei/Tyrion) for Jaime's safe return?

Edited by mrlukeduke

• 2 weeks later...

You really think that's what will happen? Don't you think that would be a rather anticlimactic end to Jaime's story?

I have always thought the fact that Cersei always thought Tyrion would be the death of her and how horrible she treated him meant that it would actually end up being Jaimie that ends up being the death of her.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there. i'm new here, so please forgive me if i am repeating something that has likely been said here a thousands times.

i am of the opinion that a) podrick payne is the prince that was promised and B) that his sense of conscience and honor will end up preventing brienne from killing jaime.

i have been convinced as readily as people thinking davos was reborn amidst salt and smoke at the blackwater that pod also was reborn in the act of saving tyrion's life with a courage that he did not previously have.

and he has become quite the swordsman.

Edited by Jahbulon

What if Brienne is Azor Ahai and Jamie nissa nissa, then Brienne would have to kill Jamie.. the sword that she carries is ancient and has the blood of 'Ice' what if the two swords are lightbringer and the other sword (Tommon now has) eventually gets to the prince that was promised, assuming lannisters are defeated.

What if Brienne is Azor Ahai and Jamie nissa nissa, then Brienne would have to kill Jamie.. the sword that she carries is ancient and has the blood of 'Ice' what if the two swords are lightbringer and the other sword (Tommon now has) eventually gets to the prince that was promised, assuming lannisters are defeated.

Rheagar's "sword" was lightbringer. He tried unsuccesfully with Elia Martel. Lyanna was his Nissa Nissa. When he plunged his lightbringer into her she died and AA/tPtwP(Jon) was reborn.

Rheagar's "sword" was lightbringer. He tried unsuccesfully with Elia Martel. Lyanna was his Nissa Nissa. When he plunged his lightbringer into her she died and AA/tPtwP(Jon) was reborn.

HAHAHAHA thats why all the women loved him, his dick was magical. I have to stick with Drogon=lightbringer.