[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

Notice that GRRM didn't say anything about Pod actually surviving; he merely confirmed that Brienne swore her sword to UnCat in order to save Podrick.

What I think will happen: UnCat will play a mean trick somehow and make Jaime fight a trial by combat vs. Brienne. Brienne will let Jaime kill her, and Jaime, mad with grief, kills UnCat, and then goes to KL to strangle Cersei and dies in the process. (Nothing new, I know, but this just seems to be a likely theory)

I think Brienne will lead him to an ambush where he'll be killed by other members of the BWB. She's trapped in a shitty situation, she has to choose betweeen saving an innocent boy's life, or the life of a man who has done lots of evil things, but saved her from a horrible fate.

And I think she will choose Jaimie, thus showing once again that he was right and that one can be honorable even if he has to break vows.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaime won't kill Stonheart, but perhaps Brienne will.

My problem with Jaime is hat he's broken so many oaths that he deserves to die. Just because he has disdain for the Freys doesn't absolve him from the fact that he assisted them in taking Riverrun. He's imprisoned Edmure for life for nothing more than being a Tully. WHen the Blackfish shown a light on his failures, he could say nothing more than that he was coerced at swordpoint.

Jaime could be the most powerful man in Westeros, but he chooses to nurture his weaknesses, being emotionally conflicted but still doing the wrong thing in the end. He should make good with the Tyrells and entrust them to take out the GC, remove himself from the Kingsguard and install himself as Hand. Attack the Faith Militant and bring down the HS, free Margaery, propose marriage to Arianne Martell and then march on the North with the Lannister army, starting in the Riverlands, killing Freys and Boltons as he goes. Manderly would have no choice but to join him, then together they can eradicate Stannis once and for all, uniting the Seven Kingdoms once again under his son Tommen I, who would be a good king under his guidance. Of course Cersei would be given the Rock (but also imprisoned there), where she can live out the rest of her days buggering whomever she wants to.

I think Brienne will lead him to an ambush where he'll be killed by other members of the BWB. She's trapped in a shitty situation, she has to choose betweeen saving an innocent boy's life, or the life of a man who has done lots of evil things, but saved her from a horrible fate.

Yeah, no possible way Jaime dies at that point of the story. He is Cersei's volanquar. Her younger brother will kill her, and Jaime is her younger brother. She is just to stupid to consider him instead of Tyrion.

I really don't know how this is going to pan out. Coz im certain the volanquar is Jamie. At the same time pretty much the last words cat hears before she dies is 'jamie lannister sends his regards'.. And stoneheart is not like to forget that. So if Jamie reaches the brotherhood he dies. There are no ways around that. Its a bit of a quandary. Unless briene saves him. In which case pod will be killed...

I really don't know how this is going to pan out. Coz im certain the volanquar is Jamie. At the same time pretty much the last words cat hears before she dies is 'jamie lannister sends his regards'.. And stoneheart is not like to forget that. So if Jamie reaches the brotherhood he dies. There are no ways around that. Its a bit of a quandary. Unless briene saves him. In which case pod will be killed...

Theres always the death and revival possibility. GRRM took the time to introduce Thoros, who then revived Beric. Something most people took to be a simple lead up to Cat being revived by Beric. But what if Jaime gets killed, and Thoros, knowing he will die, he said as much to Beric that the next time would kill them both, gives Jaime the Kiss, reviving him and animating his hand.

Theres always the death and revival possibility. GRRM took the time to introduce Thoros, who then revived Beric. Something most people took to be a simple lead up to Cat being revived by Beric. But what if Jaime gets killed, and Thoros, knowing he will die, he said as much to Beric that the next time would kill them both, gives Jaime the Kiss, reviving him and animating his hand.

True that's a possibility. But i wonder what will convince Thoros to actually sacrifice himself to revive Jamie of all ppl. Coz to most ppl he's still the arrogant oath breaker bereft of all honor.. And Stoneheart will probably want to kill Jamie again!

i've thought about this. Jaime being hung until he's dead, then when Stoneheart leaves him unburied, Thoros will stay behind and revive him. I also like the idea of the hand being animated.

i've thought about this. Jaime being hung until he's dead, then when Stoneheart leaves him unburied, Thoros will stay behind and revive him. I also like the idea of the hand being animated.

un dead people is getting a bit much, only other walking dead people i wana see are the wights,

i just hope jamie kills cersi before he dies

• 2 weeks later...

Jaime won't kill Stonheart, but perhaps Brienne will.

My problem with Jaime is hat he's broken so many oaths that he deserves to die. Just because he has disdain for the Freys doesn't absolve him from the fact that he assisted them in taking Riverrun. He's imprisoned Edmure for life for nothing more than being a Tully. WHen the Blackfish shown a light on his failures, he could say nothing more than that he was coerced at swordpoint.

Jaime could be the most powerful man in Westeros, but he chooses to nurture his weaknesses, being emotionally conflicted but still doing the wrong thing in the end. He should make good with the Tyrells and entrust them to take out the GC, remove himself from the Kingsguard and install himself as Hand. Attack the Faith Militant and bring down the HS, free Margaery, propose marriage to Arianne Martell and then march on the North with the Lannister army, starting in the Riverlands, killing Freys and Boltons as he goes. Manderly would have no choice but to join him, then together they can eradicate Stannis once and for all, uniting the Seven Kingdoms once again under his son Tommen I, who would be a good king under his guidance. Of course Cersei would be given the Rock (but also imprisoned there), where she can live out the rest of her days buggering whomever she wants to.

Most of that is what he SHOULD do, not what he will do. Btw, attacking the Faith Militant is a horrible idea, but Mace would probably be too stupid to see that at his daughter's trial.

While i hope that it wont need to be run through the heart of any character i like im not sure why everyone seems to think the sword is already forged and therefore just lying areound waiting to be used, while that is indeed possible if it is Ice, Longclaw or Dawn etc the mention is 'and he will draw a sword from the fire and that sword will be Lightbringer and he will be AA come again' isnt it? now to me this could mean that AA mark 2 will turn a new sword into LightBringer mark 2 by drawing it from a fire though not necessarily by killing anyone - if what is necessary is heartsblood there are other ways than killing a loved one im sure... thoughts?

How about John Snow is AA? In the Melisandre chapter, ADoD, she says "I pray for a glimpse of Azhor Azai and Rhlorr only shows me Snow." Does it have to be loved one? Mel is always hot, so when/if he kills her Longclaw will be made into Lightbringer.

This may be crackpot - but I'm starting to think Jamie turns on the Lannisters and KL. After all he had an oath to the Targaryens and his white cloak. I see Jamie joining BWB who then join up with Dany, Arya, etc... I think that would be kick a**!

Its crackpot, but i think its plausible

Brienne won't kill Jaime but either her or Stoneheart will die. Jamie definitely is going back to King's Landing and will play a part in Cersei's death. I'd love to see a happy ending for Jaime and Brienne but I think her death will be a catalyst for him to return to King's Landing, thus setting up the circumstances for his part in Cersei's impending demise as he's the real younger brother from the prophecy.

And Dany is the "younger prettier one" instead of Margaery like Cersei thinks.

I had guessed, "Oathkeeper", but "sword" is good! I am waiting with baited breath as to whether or not this will mean the death of Jaime. There has been speculation that Jaime is actually Cersei's valonqar, and maybe Lady Stoneheart will allow him to go free if he promises to kill her. If this is the death of Jaime, then, in my opinion, Arya will be the valonqar as she is the younger sister of Sansa.

Arya = Cersei's valonqar would be sweet sweet justice.