[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

If Jaime and/or Brienne dies, I hope that at least Cerseil will meet her end in pain. I will be really pissed off if not. Or LF, Bolton, etc etc.

The longer I wait for the next book, the more i'm affraid for Jaime/Brienne. Well i'm more affraid for Jaime than Brienne i must confess, even if i like her very much.

I dont like her because she doesnt know how to say "I dont know" - even if she is guessing. One case in point: Arya vs Alys. Thoros can say he doesnt know. So far Moqorro hasnt been uncertain of anything so dont know about him. I dont like anyone in real life who causes problems by claiming certainty when they dont have it - who cross their fingers and hope their guess is right.

I had this beaten out of me in my training. Whoever trained her at Asshai probably tried to beat it out of her too, since ppl like Thoros knew better.

I bet she has convinced herself that Stannis has lightbringer even though a blind man knew better

I don't think its that easy to become a good swordsman. But whoever thinks that pod would really try for revenge for his distant cousin ilyn payne for something areys did twenty years before. And ilyn deserved it. In the Red Keep the very walls have ears. And he said that. Aerys ruled in name. And that tywin really ruled the kingdoms. The truth. But the captain of a house gaurd should know better! Could of gone much worse for him.

I don't think its that easy to become a good swordsman. But whoever thinks that pod would really try for revenge for his distant cousin ilyn payne for something areys did twenty years before. And ilyn deserved it. In the Red Keep the very walls have ears. And he said that. Aerys ruled in name. And that tywin really ruled the kingdoms. The truth. But the captain of a house gaurd should know better! Could of gone much worse for him.

I think Podrick and Brienne are a version of Egg and Dunk. And I believe I read somewhere that Brienne is actually a decendant of Sir Duncan.

I haven't read that anywhere. Dunk (Sir Duncan) became a member of the Kings guard. He seems the loyal type. I know being a Kings guard member wouldn't guarantee fidelity but then there are the Selmys. We don't know the whole story of Dunk and Egg bc Martin is planning on writing more short stories most likely leading up to the tragedy of Summerhall. I think the stories will reveal a lot of important background info...but I don't think Brienne has anything to do with Duncan. I can't find anything that says she is a granddaughter...he would have to be her great great grandfather or something if that was the case because he is a few generations older. (would be Older than Aemon if he was still alive). Dunk is a bastard and doesn't know who his parents are. He grew up in the streets and if he fathered anyone Martin hasn't written that yet.

I haven't read that anywhere. Dunk (Sir Duncan) became a member of the Kings guard. He seems the loyal type. I know being a Kings guard member wouldn't guarantee fidelity but then there are the Selmys. We don't know the whole story of Dunk and Egg bc Martin is planning on writing more short stories most likely leading up to the tragedy of Summerhall. I think the stories will reveal a lot of important background info...but I don't think Brienne has anything to do with Duncan. I can't find anything that says she is a granddaughter...he would have to be her great great grandfather or something if that was the case because he is a few generations older. (would be Older than Aemon if he was still alive). Dunk is a bastard and doesn't know who his parents are. He grew up in the streets and if he fathered anyone Martin hasn't written that yet.

From the wiki: There is widespread speculation that Brienne descends from Ser Duncan the Tall. A shield bearing his personal arms was in the armory at Evenfall Hall, and Brienne later used these arms when she was traveling in the Riverlands. Though Martin confirmed that a descendant of Dunk appeared in the books he did not give a name.

From the wiki: There is widespread speculation that Brienne descends from Ser Duncan the Tall. A shield bearing his personal arms was in the armory at Evenfall Hall, and Brienne later used these arms when she was traveling in the Riverlands. Though Martin confirmed that a descendant of Dunk appeared in the books he did not give a name.

GRRM also mention there was a big clue in a AFFC coincidentally the book where Brienne talks about said shield. So it's as confirmed as it can be without it being expliciately satated.

In regard to the speculation about what's about to happen to Jaime and Brienne, I think the singer/bwb knight Tom Sevenstrings is going to have a big part of it. I just got to that part in my re-read, where Jaime tells Edmure what he is going to do to Riverrun if he does not yield, it mentions Tom was there listening specifically before Jaime has him play Rains of Castamere. I think that'll be used against him in his "trial" or will somehow come into play later. I also agree with what was said earlier, that it would be anticlimactic to just hang Jaime or something. I really believe he is Cersei's "valonquer". During one of her AFfC chapters where she said she found out that word means younger brother, I figured the obvious choice would be Tyrion, but Jaime was likely the second out of the womb and would choke her out with his good hand, possibly on a mission from BWB.

A bit off topic, but something I thought was interesting in that Cersei chapter is that the Maegi told Cersei that she would have three children, and they would have "golden crowns and golden shrouds", I wondered if that meant that all of them would be crowned king/queen before they died.

In regard to the speculation about what's about to happen to Jaime and Brienne, I think the singer/bwb knight Tom Sevenstrings is going to have a big part of it. I just got to that part in my re-read, where Jaime tells Edmure what he is going to do to Riverrun if he does not yield, it mentions Tom was there listening specifically before Jaime has him play Rains of Castamere. I think that'll be used against him in his "trial" or will somehow come into play later. I also agree with what was said earlier, that it would be anticlimactic to just hang Jaime or something. I really believe he is Cersei's "valonquer". During one of her AFfC chapters where she said she found out that word means younger brother, I figured the obvious choice would be Tyrion, but Jaime was likely the second out of the womb and would choke her out with his good hand, possibly on a mission from BWB.

A bit off topic, but something I thought was interesting in that Cersei chapter is that the Maegi told Cersei that she would have three children, and they would have "golden crowns and golden shrouds", I wondered if that meant that all of them would be crowned king/queen before they died.

Yes. That was my assumption also, that all three would be crowned before they died.

Which, by the way, leaves only Myrcella, and she doesn't necesserily need to be crowned in King's Landing, theoretically she can still be crowned in Dorne just as well.

What I'm wondering about is how George is going to deal with their deaths. Both kids are syphatetic and we know them much better than we knew, for instance, little Aegon and Rhaenys.