[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

the questions moved on for some time, but then a girl asked “well what about podrick payne? he was getting hung with brienne!” and george confirmed that brienne had made the decision to swear her sword to stoneheart in order to save the innocent podrick payne from the noose

Holy crap, I thought Podrick was definitely dead (my AFFC has been missing for months now), thanks for this.

With this information we can assume that Brienne is leading Jaime into a trap. Upon being captured he will demand a trial by combat. Given he has only one hand, Lady Stoneherath will grant it. Maybe they've joined up with Thoros at this point. Stonehearth will choose Brienne as her champion and Jaime will fight himself. What that battle leads to only the gods know.

I don't think Jaime will lose, his arc would be pointless if he's to lose a trial by combat for horrors he did before he was on his redemption arc.

Brienne might well die. I don't see much use for her anymore other than having a final battle with Jaime. Or Jaime might get her into a position where he would be able to kill her and refrain from doing it, further convincing Stonehearth he is not the man he once was.

If Jaime somehow wins, Lady Stonehearth and moreso Thoros of Myr will be convinced of his innocence in the sight of the gods, especially since he won with only one hand. Maybe we will get a Victarion/Moqorro situation where Thoros animates Jaime's right hand, somehow making it bound to only fight the good fights.

Maybe Stonehearth then forces him to go after Sansa/Arya or kill Cersei/Walder Frey/Roose Bolton.

Nice theory, but unless you're talking about Jaime's golden hand, to reanimate Jaime's hand, they would have to find it first.

I also think, Brienne might serve as Jaime's champion against Lem.

UnCat is probably keeping Pod as a hostage so as to ensure Brienne brings Jaime to the ambush site.

Brienne will probably lead him to the BWB and then her Jaime and Podrick will smash the BWB to bits.

I dont know if Podrick will be freed when Jaime arrives or if they will have to break him out, but once he is out, pod is going to kick some ass.

IF Brienne learned one thing from Jaime, it is that somtimes an Oath needs to be broken.(sword is also named Oathbreaker)

I think so too, maybe. Brienne has to see how Catelyn has changed into a blood thirsty creature that is barely human. I think she will enlist Jaime into freeing Pod. Swearing a vow to a zombie can't be like a true oath to a live person.

I believe the resolution of UnCat/Jaime/Brienne situation lies with Gendry. He will revolt against UnCat and split the BwB with the likely result of the demise of Stoneheart and possibly Brienne.

The original BwB has been disenchanted by the tactics of Stoneheart based on AFfC. They are looking for someone to lead them. Gendry will be someone they can rally around once Brienne/Jaime reveals to him and others about his parentage.

Stoneheart herself has no magic or power. All she has is the title of being Ned's wife and Robb's mom. Once there is a legitimate challenger, her reign will be over.

I think that's just because they will keep him in it for Briennes storyline. He may well have a part to play later on but if you all think he's going to cut down the whole Brotherhood you need to think again. He is not a great warrior! That's not to say he's not capable of great deeds, he's already had one afterall.

Yeah, Podrick Payne has a part to play most certainly. He is an innocent bystander right now. He has done nothing to give offence to the BwB. It is for that reason that Brienne desires to save him. One he is a young man. Second, he's innocent. The next Brienne/Jaime chapters are going to be quite interesting though. Why have Pod interact with Tyrion, then Brienne, and then Cat? He had plenty of chances to be killed off. He keeps popping his little head up now and again. I don't think that would be the case if he were to just be executed by Lady Stoneheart.

With this information we can assume that Brienne is leading Jaime into a trap. Upon being captured he will demand a trial by combat. Given he has only one hand, Lady Stoneherath will grant it.

Catelyn already let one Lannister slip through her fingers with trial by combat. I don't think she'll fall for it again.

With this information we can assume that Brienne is leading Jaime into a trap. Upon being captured he will demand a trial by combat. Given he has only one hand, Lady Stoneherath will grant it. Maybe they've joined up with Thoros at this point. Stonehearth will choose Brienne as her champion and Jaime will fight himself. What that battle leads to only the gods know.

I don't think Jaime will lose, his arc would be pointless if he's to lose a trial by combat for horrors he did before he was on his redemption arc.

Brienne might well die. I don't see much use for her anymore other than having a final battle with Jaime. Or Jaime might get her into a position where he would be able to kill her and refrain from doing it, further convincing Stonehearth he is not the man he once was.

If Jaime somehow wins, Lady Stonehearth and moreso Thoros of Myr will be convinced of his innocence in the sight of the gods, especially since he won with only one hand. Maybe we will get a Victarion/Moqorro situation where Thoros animates Jaime's right hand, somehow making it bound to only fight the good fights.

Maybe Stonehearth then forces him to go after Sansa/Arya or kill Cersei/Walder Frey/Roose Bolton.

The BwB don't always allow trial by combat. I think Beric Dondarrion allowed that for Sandor, but there hasn't been any evidence that Lady Stoneheart has allowed that.

I believe the resolution of UnCat/Jaime/Brienne situation lies with Gendry. He will revolt against UnCat and split the BwB with the likely result of the demise of Stoneheart and possibly Brienne.

The original BwB has been disenchanted by the tactics of Stoneheart based on AFfC. They are looking for someone to lead them. Gendry will be someone they can rally around once Brienne/Jaime reveals to him and others about his parentage.

Stoneheart herself has no magic or power. All she has is the title of being Ned's wife and Robb's mom. Once there is a legitimate challenger, her reign will be over.

What reason/evidence has there been for Gendry to turn against Lady Stoneheart?

I think so too, maybe. Brienne has to see how Catelyn has changed into a blood thirsty creature that is barely human. I think she will enlist Jaime into freeing Pod. Swearing a vow to a zombie can't be like a true oath to a live person.

Or a person would take an oath made to a resurrected woman even more seriously as in holy crap the gods do exist and if I don't want to burn in hell I'd better keep my word. Who knows.

On a general note I'd have no problem with Kinglayer dying. It's kind of full circle, we're introduced to him trying to murder a boy and we could possibly see him die to save a boy. I know people love the Kinglayer and all the excuses he comes up with in his head to feel better about himself. But it's not like anyone in the books is going to see a man trying to redeem himself but instead see a man still keeping only the oaths that are convenient to him, leading armies against the people he swore not to raise arms against, threatening their unborn children and feeling pretty damn good about it all since, you know, that's what he actually did. These books are full of people who didn't get a second chance, the Kinglslayer would just be another one of them.