[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

Brienne will not champion a cause she does not believe in. Therefore, she will not fight for UnCat against Jaime because she tried to tell her that Jaime is a changed man and did his best to keep his vow to Cat. Therefore, I think Brienne will champion Jaime against UnCat's champion (which will probably be Lem Lemoncloak).

Or she could fight him and plans to lose in order to save him.

There is another way to look at Jamie being kidnapped by BWB. If Gendry is truly Cersei's son then Jamie is one of the only people alive who would know that which would make him hopefully valuable enough for the BWB to keep him alive. Whereas if he were on his own he would most likely be Varys next target for assassination since he is intent on killing anyone who might organize opposition to a Targaryen invasion. Amidst all the famine, killing, betraying, civil wars, lawlessness and general chaos caused by Varys and Littlefinger in Westeros right now, no one will ever know who truly killed him or why. Well it is not as if in all five books published so far that anyone opposing Danaerys has figure out what Varys is up to and I doubt they ever will.

There is another way to look at Jamie being kidnapped by BWB. If Gendry is truly Cersei's son then Jamie is one of the only people alive who would know that which would make him hopefully valuable enough for the BWB to keep him alive. Whereas if he were on his own he would most likely be Varys next target for assassination since he is intent on killing anyone who might organize opposition to a Targaryen invasion. Amidst all the famine, killing, betraying, civil wars, lawlessness and general chaos caused by Varys and Littlefinger in Westeros right now, no one will ever know who truly killed him or why. Well it is not as if in all five books published so far that anyone opposing Danaerys has figure out what Varys is up to and I doubt they ever will.

This is where you loose me.... Since when is Gendry Cersei's son?

This is where you loose me.... Since when is Gendry Cersei's son?

Cersei's first born son was supposed to die from illness, however, what if he didn't? What if he was Robert's child and she sent him away then claimed he died because she preferred a child of her's and Jamie as ascend the throne. I think Jamie may know if she did something like that. Well in my caffine overdosed mind anyway. :D

Edited by Bumble Bee

Cersei's first born son was supposed to die from illness, however, what if he didn't? What if he was Robert's child and she sent him away then claimed he died because she preferred a child of her's and Jamie as ascend the throne. I think Jamie may know if she did something like that. Well in my caffine overdosed mind anyway. :D

That's show only. In books, Cersei said she was once pregnant with Robert's child but she got cleaned from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some information will reach BWB that Sansa is in the Eyrie. As far as I recall, in the books no one beyond Littlefinger knows Alayne's true identify to be Sansa...So I'm not sure how that will leak.

Jaime will somehow convince UnCat that he has never stopped looking for Sansa nor did he ever break his vows toward her. Jaime also spared the limp-fish so ehhhhhh! C'mon!

The Eyrie is nigh impregnable. The BWB cannot impregnate it.

Jaime however...Jaime sticks his dick wherever he wants. Who would deny him at any gate?

Seems plausible.

• 5 months later...

I think Brienne will lead him to an ambush where he'll be killed by other members of the BWB. She's trapped in a shitty situation, she has to choose betweeen saving an innocent boy's life, or the life of a man who has done lots of evil things, but saved her from a horrible fate.

Leading Jaime to the BWB may reintroduce us to the Blackfish, as it's suspected he's now rolling with them. It could be cool to see those two continue their confrontation from Riverrun.

^And how did the BF survive his journey to them? I am no doctor, but a 60 year old man submerging himself in water that cant be above 40(it's snowing) for miles, who is then unable to light a fire when he finally gets out because there are thousands of men searching for him seems to have a slim chance of surviving.

As I have been pointing out all along, the BF probably never left Riverrun, just like we saw in the Griffen Reborn chapter, he is hiding and will pop out at the right time.

• 3 weeks later...

Some information will reach BWB that Sansa is in the Eyrie. As far as I recall, in the books no one beyond Littlefinger knows Alayne's true identify to be Sansa...So I'm not sure how that will leak.

Jaime will somehow convince UnCat that he has never stopped looking for Sansa nor did he ever break his vows toward her. Jaime also spared the limp-fish so ehhhhhh! C'mon!

The Eyrie is nigh impregnable. The BWB cannot impregnate it.

Jaime however...Jaime sticks his dick wherever he wants. Who would deny him at any gate?

Seems plausible.

Only to meet the Sansa diaphragm once inside the Gates of the Moon.

Brienne will not champion a cause she does not believe in. Therefore, she will not fight for UnCat against Jaime because she tried to tell her that Jaime is a changed man and did his best to keep his vow to Cat. Therefore, I think Brienne will champion Jaime against UnCat's champion (which will probably be Lem Lemoncloak).

Last time Cat Stark allowed a trial by combat it didn't work out so well for her. If there's any sort of memory left I have a hard time believing she would okay this method for judging Jaime.

IMO it's more likely that LSH and the BWB would use Jaime to their advantage before killing him. Maybe to gain entrance to Riverrun or the Twins for some Red Wedding revenge? I just don't see Jaime dying upon meeting up w/ LSH and the BWB, I just think it's too obvious given the hole cliffhanger IMO.

they sent tom o sevens there.

• 7 months later...
On 12.12.2014 at 10:29 PM, Bumble Bee said:

There is another way to look at Jamie being kidnapped by BWB. If Gendry is truly Cersei's son then Jamie is one of the only people alive who would know that which would make him hopefully valuable enough for the BWB to keep him alive.

"Jaimie Lannister sends his regards". If Catelyn Stark ever is in charge of Jamies fate he'll hang or worse.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/9/2012 at 3:48 PM, bloodymime said:

Not to go off topic but I wonder why Thoros doesn't see Robert in Gendry. He's been around since at least the Greyjoy rebellion so he'd have seen a young Robert in his prime.

Half the bastards in Westeros probably look like Robert, the Wilt Chamberlin of King's Landing.

• 1 year later...
On 6/5/2012 at 5:55 PM, Hmadkour said:

anyway after he finished reading the chapters, he opened the floor to some discussion about the plot of asoiaf, and some amazing genius girl said: you know my friends and i were debating this pretty heavily in the lobby just today, brienne screams “one word” as she is being hung by lady stoneheart’s men in a feast for crows - what was the word?

george turned the question on the audience and asked if anyone had figured it out - we shouted all kinds of dumb stuff, “jaime”, “sapphires”, etc. but some other genius in the second row said “sword”!

george confirmed that the word brienne screamed was “sword”; lady stoneheart gave brienne the choice of either swearing her sword to her or being hung, saying “sword or noose”, and as brienne was being hung she screamed “sword”

the questions moved on for some time, but then a girl asked “well what about podrick payne? he was getting hung with brienne!” and george confirmed that brienne had made the decision to swear her sword to stoneheart in order to save the innocent podrick payne from the noose

shortly after that the q&a session ended and we disbanded, but my heart is still ripped up and in conflict about this shit because at the end of dance with dragonsbrienne appears in jaime’s pov and he abandons the war effort to follow her - where is she taking him? will stoneheart ask her to kill jaime? if she does, how will jaime handle the betrayal? will he live? will they both live?

I have felt for a long time that this will be Jaime’s left hand trial by combat moment. All the nights he spent training with Adam Marbrand and Ilyn Payne. All the bruises and insecurities. Maybe it all comes to a head when he comes face to face with Lady Stoneheart. I’m probably way off base, but oh what a fight. I wonder who he would battle. Brienne possibly. 

On 3/28/2020 at 12:17 AM, LadyBlackwater said:

I have felt for a long time that this will be Jaime’s left hand trial by combat moment. All the nights he spent training with Adam Marbrand and Ilyn Payne. All the bruises and insecurities. Maybe it all comes to a head when he comes face to face with Lady Stoneheart. I’m probably way off base, but oh what a fight. I wonder who he would battle. Brienne possibly. 

Lem