[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

• 1 month later...

I think Brienne is going to save Jamie.... Or maybe, now that Brienne has some information about Arya Stark provided by the BWB she will try, (not saying she will succeed) to get her, then take her to stoneheart and liberating herself and Jamie of Stoneheart's wrath...

Its just that i cant see Brienne following Catelyn now that she saw what she became... It reminds me of when Jamie is telling her why he killed Aerys and asks her if she would have obeyed him if he ordered to kill her own father..... Anyway, i dont think she'll take Jamie there...

I think Brienne is going to save Jamie.... Or maybe, now that Brienne has some information about Arya Stark provided by the BWB she will try, (not saying she will succeed) to get her, then take her to stoneheart and liberating herself and Jamie of Stoneheart's wrath...

Its just that i cant see Brienne following Catelyn now that she saw what she became... It reminds me of when Jamie is telling her why he killed Aerys and asks her if she would have obeyed him if he ordered to kill her own father..... Anyway, i dont think she'll take Jamie there...

You've got me thinking, and now I eschew all other prophecies I might have made.

Pod wasn't with her when she pulled Jaime away, right? She will trade Jaime for Pod, bank on that. Pod's the reason she called out from the noose. Jaime is going to Stoneheart if Brienne has anything to do with it.

But then she or Jaime or both will propose trading Jaime for someone else. The only people who could satisfy Stoneheart, if anyone could, is Sansa and Arya. Good info about Sansa's whereabouts may well be available at that point. And if Jaime is all tied up, who will help Brienne? Well, Sandor might. If Brienne ever talks about her journeys, Jaime could very well recognize Sandor in them.

So I predict first a Jaime chapter in which he and Brienne catch up and he decides to face Stoneheart anyway. Then a Brienne chapter where she delivers Jaime and the bargain is struck. Then a second Brienne chapter where she approaches Sandor and convinces him to ride with her to the Eyrie.

Furthermore, I speculate Stoneheart will never let Jaime go free. But she may let him take the black. And I believe I shall be the first aboard the Brienne/Sandor ship. Cabin with a balcony, please!

Edited by Joseph Nobles

First post on the forums!

Anyway, I just thought I'd point out that Jaime Lannister is still Warden of the East, and I don't think GRRM mentioned that by chance.

Brienne swore to find and keep safe the Stark girls. Word will reach them of Sansa's whereabouts via rumour or LF declaration of Sansa's true identity.

Stoneheart is Sansa's mother...obviously. So I think after a trial/ proof of worth she will order Brienne and Jaime to continue the quest.

Jaime's Warden of the East gives him influence among the Lords of the Vale whom appear to respect and honour titles.

Edited by Stannis of Storm's End

First post on the forums!

Anyway, I just thought I'd point out that Jaime Lannister is still Warden of the East, and I don't think GRRM mentioned that by chance.

Brienne swore to find and keep safe the Stark girls. Word will reach them of Sansa's whereabouts via rumour or LF declaration of Sansa's true identity.

Stoneheart is Sansa's mother...obviously. So I think after a trial/ proof of worth she will order Brienne and Jaime to continue the quest.

Jaime's Warden of the East gives him influence among the Lords of the Vale whom appear to respect and honour titles.

No, the Vale Lords didnt like Jamie being Warden of the East, amd iirc Robert Arryn was again made Warden of the East after Littlefinger wed Lysa and brought the Vale under the King's peace (pretty sure thst was psrt of the marriage offer)

I don't see how Sandor will help Brienne. The two characters have had no interaction.

And a major strand in Brienne's storyline is the finding and recovering the Stark daughters - through both B's own oaths to Lady Stoneheart, and B's mission given to her by Jaime along with her sword.

How I think this will play out. Davos was knighted for saving Stanis but lost the tops of his fingers for years of smuggling. Lady Stoneheart has taken Pod hostage for Brienne to bring her Jamie. Lady Stoneheart will get Jamie to agree to fulfill his oath to her to find her daughter before Jamie dies as punishment for his past sins. Lady Stoneheart will breath the fire of life into Jamie so that he can keep his Oath. As a bonus Jamie's golden hand becomes animated as an undead. unJamie joins Brienne and Pod to continue on with the search for Sansa and Arya. Eventually this leads to the Battle with the Others and unJamie defeats the Others as AA.

How I think this will play out. Davos was knighted for saving Stanis but lost the tops of his fingers for years of smuggling. Lady Stoneheart has taken Pod hostage for Brienne to bring her Jamie. Lady Stoneheart will get Jamie to agree to fulfill his oath to her to find her daughter before Jamie dies as punishment for his past sins. Lady Stoneheart will breath the fire of life into Jamie so that he can keep his Oath. As a bonus Jamie's golden hand becomes animated as an undead. unJamie joins Brienne and Pod to continue on with the search for Sansa and Arya. Eventually this leads to the Battle with the Others and unJamie defeats the Others as AA.

The idea of unJamie is one i can't get on board with. I would much rather he is either alive or dead, not somewhere in between. I dont see any reason LS would copy Stannis though, surely she would allow the punishment to wait till the oath is fulfilled in your scenario? I dont understand why she would kill him and then bring him back; surely she would actually want to see her daughter again? But if she brings back Jamie, she would.die...

I don't think LS would copy Stannis. I believe the Davos thing maybe some foreshadowing or insight into Westeros morality. Why would she do it? Maybe she does not see herself capable of doing it and an unJamie may be the only one who can. Especially an unJamie who with can fight with his golden hand. Jamie dreamed that he could use his golden hand as good as he used his real hand. How can that happen? One way is for an undead Jamie and it would fit with the scenario that I played out. Of course GRRM could have a different idea. :drunk:

Opps forgot to add.. LS would kill him for what he did to Bran but save him to fulfill his promise to find Sansa and Arya. I cannot see her just sending him on his way with out some retribution for what he did to Bran and I cannot see her just killing him if she thinks he can help get Sansa and Arya to safety. Killing him and bringing him back kills 2 birds with one stone.

Going back and checking, Brienne gets Jaime to come alone with her by saying the Hound is going to kill Sansa if he doesn't. So the stage is set for them to discuss him. Brienne can't really describe Sandor if Jaime gets suspicious and asking questions. Jaime can then lay out what Sandor actually looks like, and that's when Brienne can realize where she has seen him before.

Then Jaime has a choice, of course, but I bet he would go ahead and meet his fate before Stoneheart.

ETA: Ah, the gravedigger wore a scarf. She didn't get a good look at him to be able to recognize him as Sandor or not. Ah, well...

Edited by Joseph Nobles

• 3 weeks later...

Brienne will probably lead him to the BWB and then her Jaime and Podrick will smash the BWB to bits.

I dont know if Podrick will be freed when Jaime arrives or if they will have to break him out, but once he is out, pod is going to kick some ass.

IF Brienne learned one thing from Jaime, it is that somtimes an Oath needs to be broken.(sword is also named Oathbreaker)

Actually the sword Brienne carries is called Oathkeeper.

At best with a liberal dose of thick unproven assumption heavily read into the text then SANDOR is the grave digger, but the hound is dead

Your statement that Sandor is the grave digger is correct, the hound is dead your right. But thick unproven assumption? Come on Sandor being on the quite isle was spelt out for us when the head brother told us how he "died" and was reborn during the war of the 9 penny kings.