Alfie Allen on Jon Snow's parents

EdThaSt0rm

In a recent interview Alfie Allen talks about a conversation he had with George R.R. Martin.

Martin showed some interest in his sister, singer Lily Allen and the following question was:

What did you ask him about in return?

"You know, I asked him about who Jon Snow's real parents were, and he told me. I can't say who, but I can tell you that it involves a bit of a Luke Skywalker situation. It will all come to fruition eventually."

Now I'm confused about what Alfie means with a Luke Skywalker situation...

Facts are that Luke was in love with his sister and found out about his father when the man was dying.

How does this relate to Jon?

What are your thoughts?

so the question is, who darth vader is,

rhaegar?

the great other?

AERYS???

ok, reading his whole answer he cleary states that jon is at least part targaryen:

You know, I asked him about who Jon Snow's real parents were, and he told me. I can't say who, but I can tell you that it involves a bit of a Luke Skywalker situation. It will all come to fruition eventually. The whole thing with all the fight over proper succession is partly inspired by the War of the Roses in the late 1400s, and back then, to ensure pedigree, the monarchies were kind of inbred. It's definitely fucked up, but it definitely happened back then, so that's why there's incest with the Targaryen line. It's toned down, though.

So Jon is almost guaranteed to kiss Dany before finding out they're related? Now Uncle Owen is dead, but Aunt Beru is going mad on the Freys. Sam is the cowardly droid and Dolorous Edd the sassy one.

Hodor must be Chewie, but who is Han?

Has Alfie read all of the books? If not, then the only thing he will know about Rhaegar is what the show has said, which is that he kidnapped and raped Lyanna. So according to that perception of events, Rhaegar as Darth Vader fits quite nicely.

I can imagine that Jon won't be biggest fan of Blackfyres/Targs when they start another Dance of Dragons only to find out he is one of them.

Or maybe he will have crush on Dany (gods help us) only to learn they are related.

Third option is simply that Rhaegar is no hero for Stak children and as far as Jon knows he kidnapped and raped Lyanna.

I wonder what exactly he means by a Luke Skywalker situation. Maybe Jon's father isn't Rhaegar after all and whoever it is is still alive?

Luke, i am your father !

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

also, could it be that his mother is the "darth vader"?

I think Ser Hippie hit the nail on the head - hiding babies and their true parentage for the safety of the child. Then again, Luke was a twin - could there be another? That would be pretty cool. I'm not suggesting it's the case, but might be cool. And it could be a brother or a sister. Either way, it would be interesting. That makes me wonder, "How old is Aegon"? Is Aegon the 2nd child of Rhaegar and Elia, or is "Aegon" really Jon's brother with Lyanna and Rhaegar? Does the timeline hold up?

On another note, I haven't read much about Alfie Allen. I *think* he plays Theon. I don't want to infer things that he knows, but maybe doesn't know enough to not equate Darth Vader with Rhaegar.

Just a thought, though.

Luke, i am your father !

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm trying to think of who would get the "nooooo" reaction out of Jon. I guess just because most think that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna, Jon wouldn't be happy about that and also about finding out Ned really isn't his bad. As for the babies being hidden like Luke and Leia, Jon, Aegon, and Dany were all hidden so that fits. I guess Rhaegar and Lyanna having a sort of forbidden love is like Anakin and Padme too.

I think Ser Hippie hit the nail on the head - hiding babies and their true parentage for the safety of the child. Then again, Luke was a twin - could there be another? That would be pretty cool. I'm not suggesting it's the case, but might be cool. And it could be a brother or a sister. Either way, it would be interesting. That makes me wonder, "How old is Aegon"? Is Aegon the 2nd child of Rhaegar and Elia, or is "Aegon" really Jon's brother with Lyanna and Rhaegar? Does the timeline hold up?

On another note, I haven't read much about Alfie Allen. I *think* he plays Theon. I don't want to infer things that he knows, but maybe doesn't know enough to not equate Darth Vader with Rhaegar.

Just a thought, though.

Yes he's Theon. And I feel like only someone who reads the books would ask that question, so I'm assuming he knows enough about Rhaegar to not equate him with Darth Vader.

So Jon is almost guaranteed to kiss Dany before finding out they're related?

LOL, since when does GRRM do PG stuff like that? Dany and Jon are guaranteed to screw and then find out they are related.

Not that Dany will care, but Jon might blind himself ala Oedipus :laugh:

Has Alfie read all of the books? If not, then the only thing he will know about Rhaegar is what the show has said, which is that he kidnapped and raped Lyanna. So according to that perception of events, Rhaegar as Darth Vader fits quite nicely.

According to this interview he's read all but adwd. From the way the question is worded I don't think he'd read the books before getting the part.

Lyanna and Padme died in childbirth.

LOL, since when does GRRM do PG stuff like that? Dany and Jon are guaranteed to screw and then find out they are related.

Not that Dany will care, but Jon might blind himself ala Oedipus :laugh:

LOL! :devil:

Ygritte had a convo with him about incest before.

“She punched him, “That’s vile. Would you bed your sister?” “Longspear’s not your brother.” “He’s of my village. You know nothing, Jon Snow. A true man steals a woman from afar, t’strengthen the clan. Women who bed brothers or fathers or clan kin offend the gods, and are cursed with weak and sickly children. Even monsters.” “Craster weds his daughters,” Jon pointed. She punched him again. “Craster’s more your kind than ours. His father was a crow who stole a woman out of Whitetree village…”

I think a "normal" person when asked if they would sleep with their sister would automatically say something along the lines of hell no. It should be like a reflex.

Anyways, I think this comparison is not dead on but there are some parallels. His reaction depends on if Lyanna was willing or not. At this stage he doesn't dislike Targaryens. His hero is Daeron I and he liked Aemon the Dragonknight and Maester Aemon.

It would also be cool to know that the legendary Arthur Dayne died for him. Jon is lucky I like him or else I would deem him unworthy of this honor.

From the way the question is worded I don't think he'd read the books before getting the part.

I agree. It's been mentioned that during season 1, D&D played a prank on him by writing a scene for Alfie to read where Bran (riding Hodor) kills Theon, which I doubt a book reader would fall for.

Archived