Alfie Allen on Jon Snow's parents

EdThaSt0rm

Alliser Thorne is his father, so we have our NOOOO moment

But seriously this Skywalker situation could be everything, he grew up by his uncle or his father is alife, he has a secret sister/aunt or a brother, he is a chosen one or his father is a bad guy, this could meen anything, i wouldn't interpret so much in it

I'll not the question he asked was "parents" not "mother" so clearly he's at least aware of the possibility it's not Ned.

I think the DV situation just means that his father is someone he assumed was an enemy. Since Ned Stark spent his youth fighting a rebellion against the Targaryeans finding out he's really a Targaryean would qualify IMHO. It doesn't need to get any more complex than that.

Sorry guys it was Gerold Hightower, bugger!, a bit of a mix-up there

I think it's possible that Gerold went to the TOJ on Aerys' order. Jaime made no note of Dayne being there that day but he said that Gerold was. They may not have gone to the TOJ at the same time. Arthur was also Rhaegar's best friend so he was more likely to be loyal than the other two.

Can somebody fill me in on the time-line? How old were Robb and Jon at the beginning of the series? Robb was conceived before Ned went to war with Robert and then came back with baby Jon, making them around the same age?

Also, wasn't there a Davos chapter where he was told about a woman who flung to her death and wasn't that same woman hinted at being Jon's mother?

I think it's possible that Gerold went to the TOJ on Aerys' order. Jaime made no note of Dayne being there that day but he said that Gerold was. They may not have gone to the TOJ at the same time. Arthur was also Rhaegar's best friend so he was more likely to be loyal than the other two.

Gerold Hightower was definitely at execution, he said that Jaime "swore a vow to guard the king, not to judge him" not Dayne, I got the two confused

So, I understand the Jon-Dany hookups mentioned upthread ( :ack: x infinity), but I still don't think that's a satisfactory explanation for mentioning Targ incest immediately following the Darth Vader insight, AND THEN concluding that "It's toned down, though."

This is my interpretation:

1. I can't tell you who Jon's parents are, but it's like a Luke situation (raised by uncle, the truth of parentage is a tragedy for the son in question?) Clearly though, it's not Ned.

2. War of the Roses parallels (long lost heir claiming the throne in the end?)

3. In general, Targs are inbred. But it's gotten less so, as Rhaegar begat children on 2 different women not related to him, and Jon is one of them.

Just another hint of R+L=J. With all these foreshadowings and half-hints, GRRM might better confirm or infirm it seriously. The Darth Vader think could just mean that Jon's true father is not considered as an ally or a friend by him. It would suit Rhaegar. And there's the whole stuff about being raised by the brother of the mother/dad's stepfather

One detail to note: Allen did not ask George who Jon's mother is, but who his parents are. This would tend to confirm that Ned is not the father.

i go to UCSB and apparently alfie allen was partying in our college town (Isla Vista) this past weekend. My friend has photographic evidence that he was here. my main point is that Alfie Allen was apparently telling this girl that he is not a real fan of the Song of Ice and Fire series. this makes me think that his Rhaegar = Darth Vader comparison could be true especially since he does not know as much about the series as the people on this forum. however, im very disappointed i didn't get to corner him and find out Jon Snow's lineage for myself

I'm on board now with A+L=J, all the way. Someone prove this wrong, or I have no reason to think otherwise at this point.

Then again, considering Alfie's sister once wrote a song urging him to quit smoking so much pot, maybe GRRM knew he could tell "Theon" whatever he wanted, because it would just wind up in a tenuous and garbled metaphor anyway.

I need to get cast as Shitmouth for season 3...

possible incest between jon and dany?

But the more i think about it and the tragic figure of Rhaegar, the more i think that it has to be Aerys. I think that Rhaegar was realy in love with Lyanna, but Aerys captured and raped her, forced Rhaegar to fight instead of explaining things to Eddard and making sure he wouldn't plot against him while he held Lyanna as a hostage. This would also explain why so many kings guards were guarding the tower of joy instead of the king, making Lyanna the only thing that ensured that Rhaegar wouldn't revolt against Aerys. So Rhaegar did the only thing he could, he let Robert defeat him in personal combat and thereby turn the tide of the battle and the war in the rebellions favour, because he couldn't save Lyanna, so he made sure that Robert would win and thereby rescue her.

Just one thing... Before granting them permission to film, GRRM asked D&D who Jon Snow's parents were, and they gave the correct answer. I seriously, seriously doubt they said Aerys & Lyanna. I mean, how many have people speculated Aerys to be Jon's father at that point? 0.00001%?

I also find it really weird that Alfie is the only other person next to D&D that's been told. I've read interviews by other cast members who said GRRM wouldn't tell them who JS's parents were. Maybe GRRM lied to Alfie, and even if he told him the truth, Alfie probably thinks all Targs are baddies anyway (if you're not really into the series like we are, you don't know that Rhaegar was actually a good person who wanted to change things).

Aerys & Jon Snow is no go.

Just one thing... Before granting them permission to film, GRRM asked D&D who Jon Snow's parents were, and they gave the correct answer. I seriously, seriously doubt they said Aerys & Lyanna. I mean, how many have people speculated Aerys to be Jon's father at that point? 0.00001%?

I also find it really weird that Alfie is the only other person next to D&D that's been told. I've read interviews by other cast members who said GRRM wouldn't tell them who JS's parents were. Maybe GRRM lied to Alfie, and even if he told him the truth, Alfie probably thinks all Targs are baddies anyway (if you're not really into the series like we are, you don't know that Rhaegar was actually a good person who wanted to change things).

Aerys & Jon Snow is no go.

Yes. Kit Harington doesn't know but I'm not sure if GRRM offered to tell him. Sophie recently gave an interview with her her ideas. She believes in R+L=J.

Luke Skywalker situation => Incest => Jon Snow is son of Ned and Lyanna Stark!!

Edit: That would explain why he has the "Stark look" if you know what I mean :cool4:

But then why go on about Targ incest? ETA: (sorry if that was a joke- I'm not always sure when it comes to these things).

To newfound subscribers of Aerys + Lyanna- how does that follow from either a Luke parallel or incest? Also, Aerys was going all Howard Hughes in KL around the time of conception, while Lyanna was not, so I think that makes this coupling very unlikely.

Archived