2 yankee girls set to invade Belfast, July 1 & 2

Greetings!

Myself and my best friend will be in the Belfast area Sunday July 1st and Monday July 2nd, if anyone would be interested in meeting up with two crazy Yankee girls who are crazy about GoT and asoiaf :cheers:

We're hoping to hit up some of the filming sights up north a bit (rope bridge, giant's causeway, etc) too, thank you again LordMountainGoat for the suggestions, and for pointing me over here! This is my first trip to Ireland, so excited! The friend is spending 5 weeks in Dublin for school, I'm meeting her when she's done.

Or if anyone knows of any pubs that the cast/crew members hang out at, please let us know! . .. . (don't worry, I won't bother them, just want to admire from afar!!!).

I know Sun and Mon nights aren't the best for most people, but alas that is what the schedule is.

Let me know, we'd love to meet some of you, and we love pubs!! And pints . .and good company . .with cool accents :cool4:

Pints are always good, provided I'm not working on a site way outside Belfast that week. I'll give the other usual suspects from this neck of the woods a shout. Depending on which directions you're travelling and how long you've got to spend, we can probably provide as many more suggestions as you need.

I land in Dublin on Sat June 30, we're spending that night in Trim. Then heading up to Belfast area on Sunday - Tuesday . . was gonna kinda do a loop, i.e. spend Sunday night somewhere northwest ish of Belfast, and Monday night sort of southeast ish. Then back to Dublin for Tuesday night, then off to London on Wed for the rest of the week.

Short and sweet!

Nice castle at Trim :) Well, north-westish will take you along the north coast plenty of GoT locations up there if that's what you're going for. South-eastish of Belfast takes you in Downpatrick direction where Inch Abbey is (location for King of the North etc). Plenty of other really cool places if you just want historical things in general. Kind of a shame its the start of July and not the end of it that you're around, some good bits and pieces happening around 21st & 28th as far as nice spots and historical stuff goes. As for pubs, couldn't recommend many in those directions, mostly due to not having been drinking out those directions very much :) There are a handful of us in Belfast for whatever point you're passing through the city though.

Yes, can't wait to see Trim castle.

Pub recommendations in Belfast are perfectly fine, not like we'll be too far. And if the handful can gather on either Sunday or Monday night, we can easily change our plans and spend a night in Belfast itself no problem :cheers:

I'll bump up this post as we get closer.

Can't wait!!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so we're looking at spending Monday night, July 2nd, in Belfast.

Anyone up for pubs?

Can anyone recommend a good hotel (preferably near pubs or must-see sights)? Budget = ~100-200 euros . . .

Let me know, thanks!

Next Tuesday. Why not! :)

I'm in Dublin. A few of us here were planning to meet up a few weeks ago but we never quite managed it. So this can work out nicely as an alternative!

Do you know where you are staying in Dublin? The Temple Bar area is the main touristy area but its a small enough city, so i'm sure you'll be fine where ever you decide.

There's quite a few hotels right in the centre of Belfast. You can choose between the Hilton, Europa, Ramada or Holiday Inn etc. I'd recommend seeing Belfast City Hall and the Botanic Gardens. As far as bars go, there's something for everyone. What's your scene at home? Hopefully you luck out with the weather cos it's been fairly crap for the last few weeks...

We've both got 10am flights out Wednesday, the BFF back to the states, and me to London. So Tuesday night we'll probably just stay at the airport Ramada, and then cab it into Dublin.

Rossifuss: For bar scene, to be horribly cliche, I spend most of my time in an Irish pub down the street from my house :cheers: and as far as weather goes, if by 'crap' you mean rainy, count me in! I got my fill of warm/sunny growing up in California, I'll take rain anyday! I know, I'm weird . . .

Are there any bars that the GoT crew hangs out in? I think they start filming soon, don't they?

Yeah, they start filming in July. They'll be using the Paint Hall for most stuff and a sound stage in the Titanic Quarter. Not sure where they'd hang out though. As far as bars go, I'd recommend Laverys, Parlour or the Students Union at Queens University.

Ok, Belfast hotel booked. Staying at Ten Square, seems pretty centrally located from what I can tell.

So, any Belfast peeps available for a pint Monday night?

Will do Dublin hotel tomorrow.

Wayne Payne & Renya Stark, what time Tuesday works for you guys? We're flexible . . .

We've both got 10am flights out Wednesday, the BFF back to the states, and me to London. So Tuesday night we'll probably just stay at the airport Ramada, and then cab it into Dublin.

I actually work in Dublin Airport. And I live near the city centre. So either place is fine for me. Admittedly, the city centre may sound the nicer choice for you but i'm happy with either. You might be tired by Tuesday or something. :)

Time wise. After work. 7ish maybe?

Oh, there is no Ramada hotel at the airport. You probably mean the Radisson though.

I fear it will be difficult to find people from GoT in Belfast though. It wouldn't have started for a couple more weeks and then they'll probably be very busy. Good luck anyhow!

Archived