What really lies in the North?

LizardLion

GRRM made a statement saying that in tWoW we're going to find out what really lies in the north beyond the wall, as he plans to take us further north than ever before. So what are your predictions about what's up there?

I suspect we're going to run into an Ice Dragon. He obviously has those on his mind. It'd be funny to see Dani get her dragons in check, only to have them get their asses beaten by an ice dragon.

Also maybe there actually are Snarks up there?

It's the twist no one will see coming - the free folk are fleeing from the Others, but the Others are also fleeing from something else!

And then the Others become our friends, like the Wildlings, and team up.

I can't wait for Jon Snow to have a liason with a Female Other.

Jon's hands found Her pointy white teats, his fingers brushing nipples as hard and cold as little icicles.

She arched her back and hissed, grinding herself down into the hardness pressing at the front of his breeches. She spat some guttural words at him that sounded like ice cracking in the sea, and only after her blue eyes glittered did he understand her meaning.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

It's the twist no one will see coming - the free folk are fleeing from the Others, but the Others are also fleeing from something else!

Ah, if this is true, we'll probably see another pov character pretending to team up with the others for a while. :DIf the Others are fleeïng for anything, they must be fleeing from something fire-related. That would make sense, because if you would go North-West for long enough, you'll end up in Asshai.

Ah, if this is true, we'll probably see another pov character pretending to team up with the others for a while. :DIf the Others are fleeïng for anything, they must be fleeing from something fire-related. That would make sense, because if you would go North-West for long enough, you'll end up in Asshai.

yeah you think the north just connects with the shadow lands? lol that'd be funny.

Bran saw what no living westerosi has seen before, thousands of the largest monsters in the world attacking the White Walkers and causing the latest White Walker mass exodus from the north.

The biggest monsters are more than ten times the size of Summer, his direwolf. They are stocky with powerful claws, small ears and tail.Their teeth are jagged and the canines are large and sharp. The fur is as pale as the moon.

Bran has no name for these monsters, but nowadays we call them... polar bears.

Its the World From Before, aka, our world. Ruined buildings, rusted cars, hospitals.

It was science fiction the whole time, SURPRISE EVERBODY!

If this is true, i will laugh!

With a crazy AI leading and creating ice robots... The Others!

But probably there are some country of Others, with buildings and a social organization; and the Others think they are the good guys, freeing the world from terrible creatures has humans and other animals.

They're going to head north through heaps of snow, fight Others, and eventually reach what lies beyond the land of endless winter. They'll keep going north, eventually reaching a giant Wall made of black ice, where a group of nobles and lords, all in white, defend their realm, Easteros.

Bizarro Superman will also play a role, somehow.

@ Jcooper

"The wall" the wildlings cried. "It has fallen! At last! At last! We are free! We won't die a horrible, awful death!"

"Wait" one frowned, puzzled. "What's that over there?" he pointed at a white shape in the distance.

"Oh shit" another growled. "Its an even bigger wall."

scary !

but i dont think so, others are coming to invade, remember they been trapped up there for like thousands and thousands of years and i believe they have a big massive army up there ready to invade, south is weak because of civil war so that would be the best time for them to invade, remember they once came before to invade and they werent running away from something.

Grumpkins?

Honestly whatever it is, I hope it's nothing like the army shown in the final scene of the final episode of season 2 of Game of Thrones. That was just very poorly rendered.

On that I disagree. Zombies are zombies---blue eyes don't change that. The Other himself was wonderfully realized, an ancient husk with eyes burning with cold malice.

Archived