(Spoiler) Rose / Jeyne poole

4rcane

I thought that it was kind of important that it was Jeyne Poole since she knew all the specific and intimate details of Winterfell and the Stark household because she was the daughter of the steward of Winterfell.

That's a plus, but nowhere in ADWD we see anyone questioning Jeyne/Arya about her identity. They could really had used any well trained Northern looking girl.

That's a plus, but nowhere in ADWD we see anyone questioning Jeyne/Arya about her identity. They could really had used any well trained Northern looking girl.

I mean if some girl shows up in Winterfell and doesn't even how the basics like where the kitchens are as an example, the ruse is pretty bad. Plus Arya is a high-born lady and some random Northern girl from whatever isn't going to pull it off. I know there was somewhere was it's mentioned that her knowledge of the castle and the family are important in the charade. Also TV Jeyne Poole didn't go to King's Landing in Season One so she's still hanging out in Winterfell or moved to Dreadfort I guess.

Couldn't that random girl just be Jeyne Poole since she didn't go with Sansa to King's Landing and it wouldn't be so totally random since as the daughter of Winterfell's steward, she'd know a lot about Winterfell and the Starks to at least be kind of plausible as Fake Arya Stark.

They will probably have to recast Jeyne Poole the same way they did with Lord Beric. They will need someone who can act and not just an extra. And I don't think it would be a good idea to have someone else like Shae take her place (Shae will be dead by then and she is not a highborn nor a Northerner). Jeyne Poole serves as a convicing replacement for Arya stark because she knows details that only someone who lived at Winterfell would know. Like when Crowfood questions her about who the blacksmith at Winterfell was.

I hope they actually cast someone who at least bears some vague resemblance to Maisie, but obviously be over 18 if they have her role anything like the book. Difficult as it may be to watch, I hope they really do it justice. It further defines Ramsay's bastardness as beyond the usual grey characters to full blown evil.

At this point, it'd be preferable if they just ignored this plotline altogether.

Leaning towards the showing going with it. They cast Jeyne Poole in the pilot and then mentioned her again later on in S1 so seems like D&D were aware of her. Then again, it could have been dropped.

The hitch with Ros is she actually had a scene with Theon back in season one they could have called back to if they had used her as Fake Arya.

There's a shot in pre-season trailer of a girl being undressed who I thought kind of fit the look of Jeyne Poole, I thought it could be her being taught by Littlefinger, but that doesn't make sense from a timeline standpoint. Turned out to be some Dreadfort whore playing games with Theon for boy's pleasure.

Shae as Arya would fit in two ways. The show cut Eric Storm for Gendry Waters. They do try to accommodate their established cast. Also, this keeps Tyrion's hands clean at the end of season four.

Shae as Arya would fit in two ways. The show cut Eric Storm for Gendry Waters. They do try to accommodate their established cast. Also, this keeps Tyrion's hands clean at the end of season four.

I understand they try and combine character roles where possible but this would be bordering on ridiculous. They needed a well educated young northern lady who knew enough about Winterfell and the Starks to pass as Arya. Shae ticks non of these boxes - she is blatantly foreign, much older, physically looks nothing like a Stark/Tully, PLUS it doesn't make any sense and this would destroy a pivotal character development moment for Tyrion, I don't think his hands should be in anyway clean.

All they need to do is cast someone who could at a stretch pass for a Stark at least, and around the same age even if the actress is older. They don't even have to give her many lines, Ramsay's actions say it all and the plot is all about Theon and the Northerners anyway - but I think she is important both for Theon's development, Ramsay's sadism and the Northerner's whole 'Ned's little girl' feeling.

The hitch with Ros is she actually had a scene with Theon back in season one they could have called back to if they had used her as Fake Arya.

There's a shot in pre-season trailer of a girl being undressed who I thought kind of fit the look of Jeyne Poole, I thought it could be her being taught by Littlefinger, but that doesn't make sense from a timeline standpoint. Turned out to be some Dreadfort whore playing games with Theon for boy's pleasure.

If they do this, im going to stop watching. The whole of tyrions story arc in s5 lies around that scene

Shae is getting her Northern Education keeping watch over Sansa Stark. Varsy wants her off the chessboard in King's Landing. They could even turn this trick before the Purple Wedding. Then the showdown in Twyin's chambers just becomes about him and his son.

Shae is getting her Northern Education keeping watch over Sansa Stark. Varsy wants her off the chessboard in King's Landing. They could even turn this trick before the Purple Wedding. Then the showdown in Twyin's chambers just becomes about him and his son.

She doesn't look anything like Arya! I realise the Boltons didn't need an exact double, and even with Jeyne Poole many suspected it to be a dupe, but Arya has suddenly changed race, aged ten years or so and developed a thick foreign accent..? I'm sorry, even with a vague knowledge of Winterfell from Sansa I still think it would be so ridiculous I would lose all faith in the writing of the show - luckily I still have enough faith to be almost positive this won't happen.

What is more important part of Jeyne Poole's backstory. That was the daughter of the steward of Winterfell and Sansa's best bud so that way she could plausibly pass as Arya Stark or that she was a prostitute in King's Landing and that the Lannisters send her up. The Shae stuff is only needed from the latter part of Jeyne Poole's backstory.

Whoever believes that Shae could be passed off as Arya is a moron. Shae is clearly 25+, Arya in the show is something like 10 years old. Cersei immediately knew she was from Lorath, so I don't think you're hiding how foreign she is.

So dumb...so very, very dumb.

I think they may just cut fake Ayra and have Ramsey marry Yara (Asha) instead. When Yara tries to free Theon next season she gets captured and forced to marry Ramsey. The Boltons marry Yara so they can stake a claim on the iron islands. Theon and Yara can then escape together to Stannis the next season.

It would also explain why they decided to make Yara's name sound so similiar to Ayra :)

I think they may just cut fake Ayra and have Ramsey marry Yara (Asha) instead. When Yara tries to free Theon next season she gets captured and forced to marry Ramsey. The Boltons marry Yara so they can stake a claim on the iron islands. Theon and Yara can then escape together to Stannis the next season.

It would also explain why they decided to make Yara's name sound so similiar to Ayra :)

It's a nice theory, but why would the houses of the North rally behind Yara? The whole point of Jeyne Poole is for the Ramsey's to have some sort of legit claim on Winterfell. It's stated several times in DwD that the men are there for Ned's daughter.

I think they will just do away with it.

Archived