(Spoiler) Rose / Jeyne poole

4rcane

I think they may just cut fake Ayra and have Ramsey marry Yara (Asha) instead. When Yara tries to free Theon next season she gets captured and forced to marry Ramsey. The Boltons marry Yara so they can stake a claim on the iron islands. Theon and Yara can then escape together to Stannis the next season.

It would also explain why they decided to make Yara's name sound so similiar to Ayra

If Yara is marrying Ramsay Snow as herself, why would it matter how close her name is to Arya? Also the Ironborn are pretty against marriage outside their own noble houses (salt wife and rock wife stuff).

It's a nice theory, but why would the houses of the North rally behind Yara? The whole point of Jeyne Poole is for the Ramsey's to have some sort of legit claim on Winterfell. It's stated several times in DwD that the men are there for Ned's daughter.

I think they will just do away with it.

Exactly - its a much more realistic storyline change than Shae/Ros but marrying Yara as Yara even if they force her is pointless as its the North/Winterfell they wanted.

Its the perfect plot device for reiterating just how bad Ramsay is, giving the northerners a rallying point and giving Theon his break through moment from Reek. She isn't a stand alone important character but the effect on the plot is significant, they just need some poor Arya-ish-lookalike. It would be a shame to leave the whole thing out.

I think they may just cut fake Ayra and have Ramsey marry Yara (Asha) instead. When Yara tries to free Theon next season she gets captured and forced to marry Ramsey. The Boltons marry Yara so they can stake a claim on the iron islands. Theon and Yara can then escape together to Stannis the next season.

It would also explain why they decided to make Yara's name sound so similiar to Ayra :)

Interesting counter theory and the horror of poor Reek having to sexually abuse his own sister on orders of Ramsey makes me sick.

I don't understand why everyone assumes that Jeyne Poole will be cut. They've retconned characters in with less explanation, and it will literally need only one or two lines- 'Oh, she's the daughter of Winterfell's steward who came south with Ned'. I thought all these ridiculous replacement theories were dead when Ros and Talisa bit it, but apparently not.

I don't understand why everyone assumes that Jeyne Poole will be cut. They've retconned characters in with less explanation, and it will literally need only one or two lines- 'Oh, she's the daughter of Winterfell's steward who came south with Ned'. I thought all these ridiculous replacement theories were dead when Ros and Talisa bit it, but apparently not.

Exactly, they barely need any introduction and so long as the actress isn't a world away from Arya it will work. Plus I really think both Roose and Ramsay actors have been fantastic and I want to see them retain screen presence in S4, and not just more reek. Fake Arya is a great sub-plot to keep the north in play.

Exactly, they barely need any introduction and so long as the actress isn't a world away from Arya it will work. Plus I really think both Roose and Ramsay actors have been fantastic and I want to see them retain screen presence in S4, and not just more reek. Fake Arya is a great sub-plot to keep the north in play.

Also, Fake-Arya basically drives the Northern plot in ADWD. The Mountain clans join Stannis to save 'Ned's little girl', Jon gets killed because he decides to run off and save Arya, and Theon's redemption is driven by him saving Jeyne. I genuinely don't know how they would make the plot work without her.

They don't even the "came to King's Landing with Ned" part since they can just have a Jeyne Poole as a Winterfell refugee in the Dreadfort, disguise her as Arya Stark and the line, "Here is Lady Arya of House Stark just arrived from King's Landing." I guess the part about JP being in KL brings the Lannisters into that story, but if any part could be dropped, couldn't that one?

Archived