Tyrion and Sansa

SevenHells!

I dont know about you, but I want to see these two get back together and form a relationship based on love, alliance, and the overwhelming need to get back at their enemies...namely Cersei.

Never in a million years I could see these two as a loving couple. Maybe a functional marriage in the same way Robert and Cersei were one, but Sansa has never been good dealing with people like Tyrion and her husband has always been in love with another woman (Shae on the show and Tysha on the book).

As for Jaime, I am becoming more convinced ever since reading his POV chapters that the only really bad thing he did was fall in love with the wrong person (Cersei). The implied point that he can't seem to stand Aerys' cruelty just shows that he's not heartless.

I'm not so sure Jaime actually fell in love with Cersei, he fell in lust and he definitely wants her as a woman, he's not disgusted by it despite the fact she is his sister and he certainly seems fond of her because of that fact.

But love, romantic, irrational, impulsive, the kind of love he can't comprehend but act upon, I've only seen it between Jaime and Brienne.

but Sansa has never been good dealing with people like Tyrion

Do you mean assholes? In how if this how "Sansa doesn't like ugly/disabled people" I would argue that she has shown herself more mature then Tyrion in that regards as reflected in her interactions with Sandor, Lollys, and Robin along with her acceptance of Willas.

Do you mean assholes? In how if this how "Sansa doesn't like ugly/disabled people" I would argue that she has shown herself more mature then Tyrion in that regards as reflected in her interactions with Sandor, Lollys, and Robin along with her acceptance of Willas.

Who is Robin? Don't you mean Robert?

Robert "SweetRobin" Arryn, I just cut it down to just Robin.

I'm sorry, since the tv show changed his name I tought for a second you are one of these people who are trying to discuss the books when they've only seen the tv show.

I'm sorry, since the tv show changed his name I tought for a second you are one of these people who are trying to discuss the books when they've only seen the tv show.

Nah, it is just easier to call him Robin in how Robert brings to mind Robert Baratheon.

• 7 months later...

I just finished the section where Sansa is married to Tyrion and I must say that in spite of his physical appearance I think he deserves someone much wittier and earthier than Sansa Stark. He needs someone who is his "match." It also broke my heart a little when, after he tells her he won't take her until she wants him, she says she may never....

I just finished the section where Sansa is married to Tyrion and I must say that in spite of his physical appearance I think he deserves someone much wittier and earthier than Sansa Stark. He needs someone who is his "match."

Great, so then you will allow Sansa to get someone she deserves - someone who actually loves her and is interested in her as a person rather than just her claim to Winterfell and her body, and someone who she loves and is sexually attracted to?

It also broke my heart a little when, after he tells her he won't take her until she wants him, she says she may never....

It broke your heart that a girl who was forcibly married to him didn't develop Stockholm Syndrome all of a sudden, has some backbone and isn't completely brainwashed into thinking that her desires and feelings actually matter?

Tyrion doesn't even love her, but hey, it breaks your heart a little that Sansa didn't decide that her main priority in life is to make Tyrion feel good about himself!

Maybe he/she meant the Lannisters... In which case, I think she's been really good in dealing with them, since she's learned not to trust them.

(Nah, I know that's not what the poster meant, it's just fun to pretend, because the "Sansa doesn't like ugly/disabled people" thing is obviously untrue.)

Maybe he/she meant the Lannisters... In which case, I think she's been really good in dealing with them, since she's learned not to trust them.

(Nah, I know that's not what the poster meant, it's just fun to pretend, because the "Sansa doesn't like ugly/disabled people" thing is obviously untrue.)

I agree. In fact Sansa is one of the few characters who see him as a human being instead of just the "imp" or "dwarf".

Great, so then you will allow Sansa to get someone she deserves - someone who actually loves her and is interested in her as a person rather than just her claim to Winterfell and her body, and someone who she loves and is sexually attracted to?

It broke your heart that a girl who was forcibly married to him didn't develop Stockholm Syndrome all of a sudden, has some backbone and isn't completely brainwashed into thinking that her desires and feelings actually matter?

Tyrion doesn't even love her, but hey, it breaks your heart a little that Sansa didn't decide that her main priority in life is to make Tyrion feel good about himself!

Sansa is one of the least appealing characters to me---very small minded, self-centered, looks at the physical above all else--she sold her much smarter sister up the river to look good for Joffrey, she is easily swayed by good looks and nice stories. She sold out her father, too, telling Cersei that Ned planned to end the betrothal...not much sympathy here for her.

Sansa is one of the least appealing characters to me---very small minded, self-centered, looks at the physical above all else--she sold her much smarter sister up the river to look good for Joffrey, she is easily swayed by good looks and nice stories. She sold out her father, too, telling Cersei that Ned planned to end the betrothal...not much sympathy here for her.

That must be why she likes Sandor. He is so pretty...

She is so shallow compared to Tyrion, who is totally not self-centered or small-minded and cares so much about other people.

That's why he fantasized about Sansa coming to his bed despite the fact that this marriage is absolutely not in her interests and felt resentful that a 12-year old hostage, forced to marry someone from the family that's been killing his family, does not want him to fuck her. That's why he is only ever interested in good-looking women, whether or not he cares about their personalities, it's why he's mad about Shae (wonderful person), and why he said he would rather cut off his cock than marry Lollys Stockworth. That's also why he showed so much compassion for Lollys when she was gang-raped.

If Sansa and Tyrion do end up together... it won't be Winterfell that they're in charge of. But possibly Casterly Rock.

Tywin hoped to put a Lannister in charge of the Stark family seat - it would be poetic justice if a Stark ended up ruling the roost in the Lannister family seat...

Yeah she has nothing for pretty guys. She liked Loras' non-physical qualities and Joffrey's too. Nothing to do with looks.

Yeah, it is such a crime for an 11-year old girl to like pretty boys. As opposed to adult men like Tyrion who only like good-looking women.

And Sansa actually liked Loras because he was pretty, gallant, was an accomplished knight and gave her a flower, which she in her 11-year old naivety believed was real interest. She believed that the songs were true and good-looking, highborn, well-behaved people were really good and heroic. She believed Joffrey was a perfect prince, because he was handsome, a prince, and was nice to her at the time. Once she realized what he was really like, she hated his guts. And lo and behold, 13 year old Sansa has a completely different taste in men.

Whereas Tyrion is a grown man who managed to deceive himself for over a year that a prostitute he hired and fell in love with because she was pretty and good in bed, really loved him, even though she never even pretended to and always showed that what she really wanted were jewels and nice clothes and social climbing. A grown man who, in ADWD, thinks to himself that he would like to fuck this or that good-looking woman he meets, but that he doesn't care about their personalities at all.

Archived