Tyrion and Sansa

SevenHells!

I dont know about you, but I want to see these two get back together and form a relationship based on love, alliance, and the overwhelming need to get back at their enemies...namely Cersei.

I want it because its not obvious...just like most things in these books...the stuff that you dont expect...turns out to be more interesting. I would love to see Tyrion devise some kind of plan to rescue Sansa who suddenly finds herself in dire straights...then slowly Sansa sees that although Tyrion is nothing she ever wanted in a man looks wise, he however has other qualities that she finds evermore appealing...

LOL I know this is not going to be popular thinking...but what do you guys think?

I thought it was sweet that someone in King's Landing took pity on Sansa, and protected her. Being a Lannister, however, Tyrion will never be more than a Lannister in Sansa's eyes. At best, I think she could come to like Tyrion and feel gratitude for him, but I doubt she could ever grow to love him. Which is sadly, all Tyrion wants. Poor Tyrion! Who knows? Lt's see if either of them even survive in the next two books!

I don't think Tyrion will ever be able to redeem himself in Sansa's eyes. I think she understands that he's not a bad person, and she's grateful that he didn't force himself on her on their wedding night, but he's still a conniving Lannister and I don't think she'll ever get past that. She is disgusted by him, physically and emotionally.

I would hate for her to end up with him, honestly. I'd rather her end up alone and forgoing marriage altogether before she lowers her standards so much as to actually fall in love with him.

I don't think it's impossible for Sansa to get past the fact that he's a Lannister. It'd be very difficult, but these books are full of people doing emotionally difficult things. I'm not a big 'shipper but I wanted to believe that Tyrion and Sansa might have grown to love one another if things had not taken the turn they did. I could see her soon gravitating towards someone not classically handsome, as part of her growing rejection of all her fantasies about chivalrous knights and princes and whatnot. At this point she just wants someone who is kind to her, and Tyrion was.

There's a lot of fans who want to see something between Sansa and the Hound. I don't know about that one. He's clearly sexually attracted to her and he wants to protect her; he feels guilt (though he won't really admit it) for the times he let the other Kingsguard beat her. But I wonder if that's the hint of a relationship or just kind of a kickstart for the Hound's redemption.

I had to laugh at the part of the book where Robb muses to Cat that he might have been able to marry Sansa to Loras Tyrell had Tyrion not married her first. That would have been Sansa's dream, and yet we all know that would have been a disaster of a marriage too. Pretty much anything Sansa dreamed of as a little girl would never have worked out as she wanted.

it is very unlikely that they will get together...however she did say she would rather be back with Tyrion then be wed to little Robert Arryn...might be some foreshadowing there...

I do think its a long shot...but I love Tyrions character and he's been through some harsh relationships to say the least...and has been whoring all his adult life...Sansa could be the savior for all his woes....

....and Sansa's viewpoint of the world has drastically changed...

Tyrion has a real problem with impulse control. While I like his character a lot, you can't overlook the fact that he has some serious strikes against him.

And he's a Lannister, which I don't think she'd ever be able to overlook.

Wouldn't Tyrion and Sansa's marriage be invalid due to the fact that Tyrion was already married to Tysha? I don't remember that marriage ever being annulled or anything. Or was it? Granted not many people knew about it, but still. Isn't Tyrion a bigamist?

Wouldn't Tyrion and Sansa's marriage be invalid due to the fact that Tyrion was already married to Tysha? I don't remember that marriage ever being annulled or anything. Or was it? Granted not many people knew about it, but still. Isn't Tyrion a bigamist?

The marriage was annulled by a septon.

After the RW I don't think Sansa could bring herself to even look upon a Lannister with the tiniest bit of simpathy, much less give a Lannister the right to claim Winterfell, she would be insulting the memory of half her family. And Tyrion deserves better, someone who truly loves and understands him, I hope he finds Tysha again.

I have the feeling that Sansa would either end up alone or dead.

I dont know about you, but I want to see these two get back together and form a relationship based on love, alliance, and the overwhelming need to get back at their enemies...namely Cersei.

I want it because its not obvious...just like most things in these books...the stuff that you dont expect...turns out to be more interesting. I would love to see Tyrion devise some kind of plan to rescue Sansa who suddenly finds herself in dire straights...then slowly Sansa sees that although Tyrion is nothing she ever wanted in a man looks wise, he however has other qualities that she finds evermore appealing...

LOL I know this is not going to be popular thinking...but what do you guys think?

Why do you hate Sansa so much?

Tyrion would be a terrible husband for her. He's a murderer, Lannister and a misogynistic jerk. Hideous looking too.

I think that at this point Sansa has been through too much in order to ever be truly happy. She will always be haunted by the memories of what she has seen and what has been done to her, and she will always be skeptical of new people in her life, will never be able to fully trust anyone or anything.

Tyrion is not a bad person, especially when compared to the rest of his family. He deserves someone who will love him for him, but I don't think he will ever find that. His appearance and his Lannister $$$ will always get in the way.

I think the best that Sansa and Tyrion can hope for with each other is a big brother/little sister relationship, similar to how Tyrion looks out for Myrcella and Tommen.

Tyrion has done his fair share of awful stuff, but it's interesting how my view of he and Jamie have started to changed. Don't get me wrong the are both Lannisters but compared to the Hound, Mountain or that bitch Cersei. The are the lesser of the evils. Tyrion behavior was created by his cold Father, and Jamie is a victim Of incest and his sister's desire to be the King.

Tyrion has done his fair share of awful stuff, but it's interesting how my view of he and Jamie have started to changed. Don't get me wrong the are both Lannisters but compared to the Hound, Mountain or that bitch Cersei. The are the lesser of the evils. Tyrion behavior was created by his cold Father, and Jamie is a victim Of incest and his sister's desire to be the King.

I'm curious what Sandor Clegane has done that makes you put him in the same category as Gregor Clegane (who is a known torturer and rapist).

This doesn't make sense. What did Tyrion do in previous books that was so "awful," and then what did he do that redeemed him in your eyes in ASoS? If anything, it should go the other way--he's likable and pretty innocent by ASoIaF standards, then

kills Shae and Lord Tywin, and some people stop sympathizing with him after that.

And I second The_Spanish_Inquisition on why you think the Hound is in the same category as Gregor Clegane.

• 2 weeks later...

I have always felt that Tyrion and Sansa should end up together. Sansa was a child with all these dreams of what kind of guy she would be with and then reality pimped slapped her. Of all the men she has come in contact with since arriving in King's Landing, Tyrion is the only one who was nice to her without having an ulterior motive. I feel that should could have grew to love him in other circumstances. And she knows that he didn't kill Joffrey, Petyre did, at the very least she can help have him acquitted of that.

I initally was hoping for Sansa and Tryion to work out, but I don't think that will happen now. Not after the RW. And after reading the interaction between her and the hound and Arya and the hound I secretly wish that Sansa and the hound could have a happy ending, but we are in GRRM world and I seriously doubt if there will be any happy endings just more wanting to throw the book across the room when he does the complete opposite!!

I'm confused by these statements. Sandor Clegane cannot possibly be compared to Gregor Clegane or Cersei when it comes to evil deeds. They are both way ahead on that score. And Jaime wasn't a victim of incest...he was a participant.

I see Tyrion as a protagonist, Jamie is starting to become one as well. Which is funny because I use to HATE Jamie, but not so much anymore. I feel like he is an honorabl guy who was led astray and made some poor decisions along the way. It appears he might redeem himself though.

I see Tyrion as a protagonist, Jamie is starting to become one as well. Which is funny because I use to HATE Jamie, but not so much anymore. I feel like he is an honorabl guy who was led astray and made some poor decisions along the way. It appears he might redeem himself though.

I know! I love how GRRM takes someone like Jaime who is so easily reviled in the first book and by AFFC you're rooting for him. I love Jaime, and hope he lives a loooong time and gets some happiness. :)

Archived