Eddard and Robert: A Tragic Love Story

Winter's Knight

He would know!. Also Rhaegar seems like a girly man(musician, poet) by westerosi culture.

Ah you see Rhaegar realised that reading books and playing the harp would not get him any closer to the men he so desired, which is why he one day left his library and decided to start more manly pursuits, like becoming a knight. Which of course was just a front for hiding his true intent: being close and closer to his good "friend" Ser Arthur Dayne and his "sword" of the morning.

Ah you see Rhaegar realised that reading books and playing the hard would not get him any closer to the men he so desired, which is why he one day left his library and decided to start more manly pursuits, like becoming a knight. Which of course was just a front for hiding his true intent: being close and closer to his good "friend" Ser Arthur Dayne and his "sword" of the morning.

And Lyanna was really just the surrogate for Rhaegar and Arthur's baby. It is known.

Ok now that it is clear its a joke am happy...

Still as theories go it's better supported than some in my opinion...(aegon is the real son of Rhaegar, Syrio lives...)

Now, come on ya'll, if GRRM reads this thread he's gonna be really unhappy I made him change what he was planning on calling the books:

A Game of Bromances

A Clash of Hidden Desires

A Storm of Cocks

A Feast for Fellatio

A Dance in the Closet

The Winds of Homonormativity

A Dream of Coming out

:( Don't make him say I told you so...

---_______________________________________________---

Uh, let me think. No. Ned loved Robert as a brother, and your points are extremely weak. Ned wouldn't fall in love with someone who whores, drinks and fights so much. He wouldn't harbor any sort of love for such a person, unless that person was a brother of his. Robert was very much a brother to Ned. Brother. Not lover.

Of course Ned is gay and loves his king. And where do you think did Cersei get this fixation on brotherly incest from? Robert and Renly anbody? And Stannis is sooooo jealous....

Ned cheated on Robert with Jon Connington. Connington was the only man that Ned ever trusted so the Promise me Lyanna made to Ned was let me take your bastard and I can play the part of a septa with Jon Connington. In addition, Ned took Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son and raised him as his. What has haunted Ned all these years he really has an attraction to Lyanna's uncle Brynden and everytime he falls asleep he has wild dreams of him and Brynden, which makes it awkward when he wakes up and looks at Catelyn.

"Ned knelt in the snow to kiss the queen's ring, while Robert embraced Catelyn like a long-lost sister"

Its all about careful reading of the lines. Ned "knelt in the snow" to kiss his old love's Wife's ring. It is both a clue as to what they were doing during the last long winters, when they battled together, and a poignant reminder that their duty means they must continue with this farce, and not engage in the loving activities that they long for.

"Robert Embraced Catelyn like a long-lost sister". How many times could they have possibly met?? Robert hasn't seen Ned in 9 years, safe to say say the same goes for Cat. Ned and Cat were married during his Rebellion, so he could only have known her within the time frame of 14-9 years ago, and it is safe to assume that Cat and Ned were in the North most of the time. I do not read this as a kindly hug, but a sexual jealousy fuelled rib-breaking attempt.

That is just one line! reread GoT and these little clues are everywhere

I don't think anyone is truly contending that Robert and Ned are actually in love. I think this was intended as a lighthearted, cute thread that posited this notion with just a hint of pleasant absurdity. (Sorry Winter's Knight if you're actually serious about this. If so, I regret spitting out my coffee when reading the OP :cool4: )

Oh, just a bit of harmless fun-although you must admit, there's more evidence behind it than some other theories. :P

i dont want to be mean but..

yeah, London has quite a reputation but i was talking worldwide

Worldwide-until the Brits came along and conquered stuff, India had a rather relaxed attitude towards queer love. It even figures in some of our religious books and Sufi poetry.

I would like to suggest a spin-off series called "Two and a Half Sers", about Jon Snow and his two gay dads (The Ned and The Bob).

That would probably be even more awesome than my idea about a show where Victarion travels around the world and solves problems the Victarion way.

Archived