Youtube Videos.

Horus Ex Machina

I recently stumbled across these on Youtube. I watched these discussions (Ethics in America) on PBS... oh, back in the 80's I guess. I found them to be absolutely fascinating. Harvard Law Professors conducting panel discussions, using the Socratic method and some increasingly excruciating hypotheticals ,  with some interesting folks (General Westmoreland and others involved with the Vietnam War?!). These two shows (Click around for other likewise interesting subjects) involved ethical conduct by the military, the media. etc. during war. Sounds weird but I still find them compelling. Sometimes what is said is horrific. Sometimes oddly comforting that  superpowered military minds would even stop to think about ethics of war. 

Under Orders Under Fire Part 1

Under Orders Under Fire Part 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m a big fan of Honest Trailers, but haven’t watched one in a month or so. I was shocked yesterday when I went to catch up on what I’ve missed to learn that Andy Signore had been fired and that it turns out he’s a truly disgusting person.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In partnership with Funny Or Die, Cord (Will Ferrell) and Tish (Molly Shannon) live from the Royal Wedding

'Fear of Horses' | The Royal Wedding Live with Cord & Tish

3 Rules For A Lasting Marriage' | The Royal Wedding Live with Cord & Tish

'Manfrid the Dog' | The Royal Wedding Live with Cord & Tish

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody listen to these "Lenny" videos?

""Lenny" is a a collection of recorded messages, designed to fool telemarketers into thinking they are talking to a real person."

Very clever how the messages are vague enough but at the same time distinct enough like Lenny is a doddering old man actually responding to these telemarketers and scammers. Sometimes Lenny can fool them for up to a half hour and often can get very funny.

• 1 month later...

Try this mash up:

1. Open this video. MUTE the audio. Set the playback speed to 0.75.

2. In another tab, open this video (you will use it as your audio). 

3. Play the second video and then go back to the first video and watch that in full-screen mode, preferably in a darkened room. Enjoy.

<Credit to the comment in the Rogue Wave - Eyes video for this suggestion>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...