Youtube Videos.

Horus Ex Machina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A short Christmas film directed by the great Luca Guadagnino, starring John C. Reilly as Santa Claus. It's a commercial project, for the retailer Zara. Filmed on location at St. Moritz in Switzerland. Very cozy, cute little film.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, Wilbur said:

Chris Gould's excellent summary of the past year in Sumo, including the departure of the GOAT, Hakuho, and the final redemption and crowning as Yokozuna of Terunofuji:  

Have never followed Sumo as a sport so this really was an excellent summary and also an eye opener. A bloody first bout. Injuries, concussions and oversized wheelchairs. A tragic death (from an injury fortunately not shown). I did not expect how brutal it could be. 

• 4 weeks later...

Holy Shit.

There used to be a TV network called Trio that ended about a decade ago. They produced a few really good film industry documentaries, including one about the making of Heaven's Gate and one (I can't remember the name) about film ratings. They also produced one called "The Blockbuster Imperative". This thing had completely disappeared. Like, completely. You could find the IMDB page and a few news articles from back in the day, but couldn't find a physical copy (new or used) or even stream it on any platform. This was really strange considering who's in it. Mark Hamill narrates it for crying out loud.

Anyway, some lovely human uploaded a VHS copy to Youtube. Note that this was produced years before the MCU and the SW sequel trilogy.

"The Windshield Wiper", an animated short film now nominated for an Academy Award. Written, directed, and designed by Alberto Mielgo, award-winning creator of "The Witness" for Love, Death, + Robots and the lead pre-production designer of Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse. The film is a sort of impressionistic meditation on the meaning of love, as shown through a series of vignettes. Deadline interviewed him about it.

I laughed so hard at this...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/324897304599197/permalink/1341736036248647/

Hmm, no embed?  It's a guy saying all sci-fi stories in the future will be sold as NFTs, and he's being shredded in the comments.  I want to take that bet against him.

There is a youtube video in the post:

Edited by SpaceChampion