Change in opinions of characters

Serr Parker

Okay, I'm only on Cersei's second chapter in AFFC, so I've avoided reading any posts in here, but I had to vent. At first GRRM made me end up liking Jaime Lannister at the end of book 3, and now he's slowly making me sympathetic to Cersei. CERSEI!?!?!? Arrrgh! Must...resist...urge...to not...hate...her...

Okay, I'm only on Cersei's second chapter in AFFC, so I've avoided reading any posts in here, but I had to vent. At first GRRM made me end up liking Jaime Lannister at the end of book 3, and now he's slowly making me sympathetic to Cersei. CERSEI!?!?!? Arrrgh! Must...resist...urge...to not...hate...her...

Resist that urge! It's ok to feel a little sorry for her, but don't LIKE her....!

Like many i thought Sansa's chapters were a struggle to read, however during AFFC she became one of my favorites, maybe because Littlefinge was in all of her chapters. Littlefinger is another character whom i didn't like at the beginning, someone else above stated something similar to what i originally thought of him, that he was a small player feeding off all the scraps. But at the end of ASOS and during AFFC i think i realised that he was a major player in the game and an instigator of many plots so i wanted to learn more about him and what he was up too.

Arya has become a bit of a dissapointment for me, her chapters have become rather directionless in my opinion, i feel i have nothing or very little to look forward to when reading and her story feels as though it has stalled almost. I'm still interested though in what GRRM has planned for her,

I find Sam a really annoying character but his chapters are good,

Jamie has obviously been a turn around for me, like many

• 1 year later...

Lamprey Pie: Thanks for the great response. I love discussing these characters with people who know and love them. It's a blast. My name is a female take on the Elder Brothers from the Quiet Isle. Although they don't take women, I'm pretending I'm the exception. :)

I can't help but wonder tho, about the novice's on the QI hiding their faces behind the wool. Why? What are they hiding? Are they, women, mayhaps? Hmmmmm.....

As far as characters go, it was in a SOS after the RW that I really began to like the Hound. He was the one who tried the hardest to get Arya reunited with her family members. Yeah, he was looking for a ransom, but so was the BWB. And after, well he looked after her as best he could.

I also began to like Jamie more, and always liked Tyiron, even tho he has done some wicked things, like putting out hits on two people I can think of, for example. (the singer and one of the men traveling with Janos Slynt to the Wall.)

The most clear example of this for me is Jaime , i despised him and thought of him as a minor , typical stupid and handsome strong and a**hole . After his talk with Cat i started changing opinion , after his pov in ASoS i was sure. This one is my favorite character. This is the most obvious example however , so i will (when i have more time) add more characters i think.

• 3 weeks later...

:laugh:

I finished AFFC and I can now report mission accomplished! I'm back to being all like "Fuck Cersei! Go Jaime!" :D

That's the spirit! Yeah, shes somewhat sympathetic in the beginning but then you start to see her totally undo herself (and everything her father built.) Her increasingly poor decisions made her chapters an absolute delight. I loved watching her descent into fuckin' lunacy.

The most clear example of this for me is Jaime , i despised him and thought of him as a minor , typical stupid and handsome strong and a**hole . After his talk with Cat i started changing opinion , after his pov in ASoS i was sure. This one is my favorite character. This is the most obvious example however , so i will (when i have more time) add more characters i think.

Sometimes I wonder if my opinion of his character changed more because of his depiction on the show, or more due to further reading the books and his POV chapters in AFfC. I didn't start reading the books until after Season One finished, and had them all down before Season Two premiered.

While there was a definite change in character in the books, I think TV-Jaime, and in particular NCW's performance played a big part.

• 5 months later...

Archived