Favorite Chapters

Forsword

What are your favorite chapters to read?

There is a favorite character thread up right now, but this is for favorite chapters.

My favorite character would have to be Arya, but I'm enjoying Jon's chapters the most right now.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite chapter so far has been one of Cat's last chapters - when Robb's army met the Lannister army. I almost squeeled it was so exciting! Especially that line, "And then the whispering woods let out a sigh as a thousand archers loosed their arrows from the trees" or something like that.... wow....

My favorite chapter so far has been one of Cat's last chapters - when Robb's army met the Lannister army. I almost squeeled it was so exciting! Especially that line, "And then the whispering woods let out a sigh as a thousand archers loosed their arrows from the trees" or something like that.... wow....

Yeah, I just re-read it. Great chapter, totally forgot the battle being so beautifully described because of the HBO series. The suspense is amazing.

Yeah, I just re-read it. Great chapter, totally forgot the battle being so beautifully described because of the HBO series. The suspense is amazing.

I wasn't quite sure what was going on as I was reading, until the part where Cat saw that Jamie wasn't wearing a helm and I realized, "Omg it's a trap!!" SO exciting!

Just finished book 2. I commented above that Arya's escape from the tower in King's Landing was one of my favorite chapters. Now another is her escape from Harrenhall. Her character is not my favorite, nor his her storyline. But something about the way GRRM writes those chapters pulls me into the moment with her. Even though they center on a 9 year old girl, they were more exciting for me than the battles. And I do love a good battle. Very curious.

Well the best chapter I think in the series still is the RW.

I love reading Arya's chapters and Davos' chapters (obviously)

Also I love reading some of the chapters from new POVS in ADWD..but I won't spoil them for people who haven't read them!

Ha ha - seriously?

Couldn't help it. That's just the cutest freakin' kitten I've ever seen.

Oh for sure!!

That kitten is awesome! I have really started to like cats a lot more recently after meeting some badass ones. Also I was walking my sister's husky for her yesterday and there were 4 cats across the street all chilling in a yard and on the porch steps just staring down the dog like bosses. Probably the coolest thing I have seen in awhile. lol

• 1 year later...

My favorite chapters in AGOT were Ned's, not just because of the intrigue in King's Landing, but especially because of all the RR backstory that we get to find out through his thoughts and memories.

But overall the chapter that got to me the most was the next to last Daenerys chapter. It felt devastating because I hadn't been spoiled the way I was for what happens to Ned, and there was so much moral ambiguity: I sympathized with Dany a lot, but I could also see things from Mirri Maz Duur's point of view and sympathize with her.

• 1 month later...

Archived