Just Concluded the "Wedding" Portion of ASoS (Spoilers)

unforgiven

I just read the False King Joffrey's Wedding chapter and I feel somewhat relieved that that monster is now gone. It seems, for all intents and purposes, that Lady Melisandre's prophecy has come true and now three Kings lie dead.

It's funny, I thought Joffrey's inevitable death would make me feel more light-hearted and hopeful, but after watching the noble House Stark brought to ruin and King Stannis shamed and defeated, Joffrey's death was little consolation.

So far, A Storm of Swords has been one of the best pieces of literature I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Few are the books that have torn at my emotions in the way that ASoS has. Reading this series, and this book in particular, has been an experience I will never forget.

I'm probably going to stay up all night in order to finish the book.

It was totally worth the late hours to finish it. There were so many revelations concerning plot threads introduced in A Game of Thrones (Tyrion's first wife, the truth of Jon Arryn's death, the truth behind the attempt on Bran's life). I completely understand why a decent portion of the fan-base consider A Storm of Swords to be the best in the series.

Archived