Is it too obvious that Jamie... [SPOILERS]

Mormont'sRaven

This part of the prophecy reads:

The old woman was not done with her, however. "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds," she said. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

1) Valonqar means younger brother but not necessarily her younger brother. If it was literal than there are only 2 options: Jamie or Tyrion unless Tywin had some bastards running around we don't know about. Even though Tywin publicly abhors 'whoring around,' Shae was found in his bed & his wife has been for quite a number of years. You can't tell me he hasn't had sex for all these years! Always possible w/GRRM. Tyrion certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it, he's already killed Tywin in a fit of rage.

2) How literal do we take 'shall wrap his hands about your pale white thoat and choke the life from you.' I don't know that Jaime could strangle her with just one hand. We know the golden hand can wrap around a wine cup but does that mean it is large enough to wrap around her throat. Possible but not likely.

Then there is the symbolic meaning which could include Jaime indirectly killing her but not answering her plea. Even if we accept that premise and she is hung because he does not help her, it's a real stretch to equate a rope with hands.

Jaime & Tyrion just seem too obvious to me. I like the idea of an unknown bastard younger brother whose been lurking about somewhere.

Well, my money's on Jaime. GRRM has made some really unexpected decisions before, but the pattern has become quite obvious. So since we now all expect Tyrion, who has already killed Tywin and is not exactly hiding his deep desire to kill Cersei, to be the one to do the deed, it could take an unexpected turn to Jaime. Or it could be a red herring, intentionally thrown in to make us suspect Jaime but it would still be Tyrion, since Martin never really goes for the obvious, so we wouldn't either, so then he would break his already unexpected but familiar streak of events by doing something unexpected with regards to the already unexpected, if you know what I mean.

I still believe it would be Jaime, since he had been the closest person to Cersei, since before they were born and the way she treats him after he returns from captivity is just appalling. He'd been changing for the better and she hated him for it, choosing to push him away when he needed her most. The treatment Cersei is giving him is pretty much destroying him bit by bit, and it's even worse since it's coming from her of all people.

Another thing, the prophecy also said that she will outlive all of her children. Cersei's actions are doing a lot more damage than she can comprehend, and her actions might just lead to her other two children dead. Now how would Jaime react when Cersei is being who she is and she's part of the reason his children are dead? It's just a theory, but it's still a possibility. And just because he has only one hand now, doesn't mean he still can't strangle a person. His left hand might not be trained to wield a sword as properly as his right, but it's still strong enough to choke someone, and he can easily overpower Cersei.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not like Jaime to kill Cersei. I think it would not be good for him. He has done some crimes and another one would cause some mental demage. Jaime deserves peace... Killing his only love and twin sister would not bring him peace, altough she is cause of all his sufferings...

hmmm I thought Jaime right away...but its so hard to try and "guess" whats GRRM is going to do with the characters...I read each chapter with stress. however, it makes sense at this moment..if she is drowning in her tears maybe shes crying because her kids are dead and maybe jaime goes to her and she starts telling Jaime truths he cant handle and then he goes for her throat.

While training with Ser Ilyn Payne in the godswoods outside Darry, he confessed to fucking cersei, wanting to kill robert, ect,

Since he admitted his sins in the godswoods, is that a sign of further change from the vain kingslayer?

I sure hope so. Right now, I do see that part of him is a changed man who won't stand by and dance with Cersei and comply with her plans. He promised he'd never take arms against the Starks or Tullys again, but yet he's still working with the Lannisters. I don't think he wants to play the hero, but it irked me when he was trying to negotiate with The Blackfish and when nothing could be compromised, he almost turned on his oath to not harm the Tullys.

I think that Jaime won`t kill Cersei. Maybe leaving her to the court, refusing to be the one to defend her in a swrod fight, can be kinda treason, but I`m alomost sure that she won`t end up hanged or sentenced to death, smth will happen. J.R.R.M. can`t just kill all of his prime villains, Joffrey is down and out, so I hope Cersei continues her path of establishing herself as the most powerful person withing the Seeven kingdoms. Eventually Tyrion is going to kill her. Maybe this is going to happen and there is not going to by any sort of surprise or a twist.

• 1 month later...

Just a thought I had as I read this thread, but could it mean that if she is sentenced to death that maybe Jamie would have to be the one to cut her head off, sure he might only have one hand, but as he is getting better with his left hand I am sure he would be able to cut her head off.

This idea would only work though if she was sentenced to die by having her beheadal, and not from the noose.

Wouldn't it be ironic if they were sitting by the window, having a good laugh about something, and Jamie gives Cersei a friendly touch to say, "Its alright now. No one can harm us." And she laughs out loud, suddenly losing her balance and fall out of the window, and falls 10 feet out of the tower to be impaled on a weirwood tree?

It's what I thought, but perhaps it's a red herring. But I have noticed some foreshadowing throughout the books that make me think that maybe Cersei and Jaime will (directly or indirectly) be responsible for each other's deaths.

I agree, there has been much talk about Jaime and Cersei coming into this world together, and leaving it together. Add the valenquor prophesy and your theory fits well.

I've never thought of this before! I can't picture Jamie murdering her (but it's Martin... i couldn't possibly even imagine that Ned would be executed), but i could EASILY see Jamie giving Cersei a mercy killing if king's landing is attacked and she's gravely wounded or poisoned... or even if they face immiment capture (we already know Cersei refuses to be taken alive). Maybe she'll beg him for death. :devil:

If we assume that "the Valonquar" mean's "ANY Valonquar" then who would be your best picks to carry out the deed?

Mine would be either Loras or Dany

Oh this will be fun

Bran! - Wouldn't that be excellent if somehow he warged and killed her (preferably by falling)... probably not likely though.

Tommen - no idea how this would happen but it would be excellent

Stannis - execution for treason

Sandor Clegane - protection for Sansa or someone else

Loras - Revenge for the false accusations against Margaery

Theon Greyjoy - He'll be with Stannis, sack of Kings Landing maybe?

Rickon - He hasn't done anything else... might as well kill Cersei as a 6 or 7 year old. haha

One of the Kettleblacks - retalliation for their brother

The Blackfish - ....no idea how/why though

The Red Viper - ...the world's slowest acting poison perhaps? :cool4:

Perhaps Howland Reed had an older sibling... he is the most interesting man in westeros after all.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived