The Wild Wolf.

The Roaring Bear

Could you be any more of a Stark fanboy here. Rhaegar would beat Brandon in that fight as Brandon would be rash and reckless. We haven't seen anything of Brandon to let us think that he'd be a superior warrior to Rhaegar at all. Rhaegar also wouldn't become an outlaw under any circumstances.

Aerys was well within his rights to kill Brandon, or at the very least arrest him and likely send him to the Wall for threatening the Crown Prince. He's an idiot, just as Jaime was a reckless fool (someone brought that comparison up). When Robert Baratheon doesn't go beserk, anyone who does is a grade A moron. I imagine a Brandon POV would be equivalent to one from Hodor.

Didnt Rhaegar die at the hand of a rash, reckless warrior in Robert Baratheon?

PEople watch too many movies that state "being emotional is bad - it clouds your judgement, etc etc" And yes, it can do that, but the adrenaline caused by emotion can cause someone to fight through pain, be that little extra edge that keeps them from giving up when the fight seems lost. It can make assaults unpredictable so that the "calm level headed" warrior does not anticipate them. I've spent my life competing in combat sports (wrestling, Brazilian jiu jitsu, boxing etc) and I'll tell ya, emotion is not the flaw that kung fu movies would lead you to believe (I'm looking at you kickboxer (even though the movies about Muay Thai and not Kung fu)) - at least not in one on one combat.

Also you talk about Aerys being in his rights to have Brandon killed/arrest him. I say false. To do so was to deny Brandon his rights to challenge his sisters kidnapper. The Targaryans did not sit the throne through Divine Right nor were they above the laws. As stated countless times on this thread, Duncan the tall struck a Targaryan prince in a market when he was no more than a hedge knight, and was granted a trial by combat with the prince in order to prove his innocence. Brandon Stark did not strike Rhaegar, he called for a trial.

I just realised that the mental image I have of Brandon Stark is pretty much the same as I have for Sirius in the Harry Potter books.

Yes he seems to be the typical bad boy (with a good heart) stereotype - and shame on me for falling so bad for that stereotype.

And we honestly don't even know that much about him. ANY more information is welcome.

Edit: repetition

Yes.. people underestimate Rhaegar severly as mentioned by Ser Patrick.

Remember folks, Rhaegar was called as the Last Dragon. His fighting prowess was recognized.

And, its true..... only a Wild Wolf can challenge a Dragon. :)

Finally Stag (Robert Baratheon) defeated Dragon, which was a true upset in the tale. It was not expected.

The fight between Robert and Rhaegar must have been incredible.

It was not just any stag, but a truly angry and wounded Stag that ended the Dragon (Rhaegar).

Yes.. people underestimate Rhaegar severly as mentioned by Ser Patrick.

Remember folks, Rhaegar was called as the Last Dragon. His fighting prowess was recognized.

And, its true..... only a Wild Wolf can challenge a Dragon. :)

Finally Stag (Robert Baratheon) defeated Dragon, which was a true upset in the tale. It was not expected.

The fight between Robert and Rhaegar must have been incredible.

It was not just any stag, but a truly angry and wounded Stag that ended the Dragon (Rhaegar).

I think the upset in regards to Robert was that his forces won. Not that he beat Rhaegar in single combat ont he battlefield.

• 1 month later...

Archived