Ladies at court

Reyna Tyrell

Hey, all. We've been discussing a lot of different ideas for retaining new players and expanding the role of existing societies at court (the jousting societies, for instance). One could argue that the world is wide open for a male character, and lots of fun stuff is going on that has great potential.

We could also argue that roles for women have narrowed considerably since the King shut his sisters up in the Maidenvault. Princess Naerys is the only un-vaulted Targaryen at court now, and she can only use so many ladies-in-waiting, though the Veiled Ladies are wide open to anyone who's interested. Still, there's a big vacuum.

So I want to open discussion for the ladies. What would you like to see happen in terms of using your female at court to advance family ambitions or even just personal ones? Another society with a different purpose than the Veiled Ladies, which is essentially a prayer circle?

We have to stay in line with theme, of course, but lets talk about some things for the ladies. Throw down your ideas here and we'll see what happens. :)

As a guy with a male PC not sure if I should be butting in here or not but, I think it would be interesting to see a group of ladies who took it on themselves to emulate Daena to a certain degree and do some of the thing she did, hunt, ride at rings, etc.

Anyhow with various married ladies being able to have their own ladies in waiting, there could be all sorts of groups of ladies at court. Though I think what will be key when these groups form that you ladies make membership in one of them a step towards social acceptability at court, to make joining such a group important, so nobody can just hang back, without some social repercussions.

Archived