Beric dondarrion

Jaimeisnotazombie

as much as i love kevin mckidd(did you know he voiced soap mactavish on CoD too?) he's a bit old, beric in the books is in his early 20s, they need to go for someone younger

yep i knew that. Also margery tyrell is a 32 year old playing what supposed to be 16 year old. they can make a change, wouldnt be to major a change if they could get such a great actor.

Kevin McKidd for Beric and Ray Stevenson for Thoros!

Mind Blown, cant handle the awesomness

Sean Harris. Absolutely amazing actor who's unknown enough to join Game of Thrones.

Most recently seen in Prometheus, but in my opinion, one of his best performances is in

. I also suggest the Red Riding trilogy.

He's a favorite of (Game of Thrones) casting director Nina Gold, who has cast him in 5 movies throughout the years.

Only con is that he's a part of the main "The Borgias" cast, and this might mean scheduling problems.

But the original "actor" was on screen for 5 seconds and had one line. He was a featured extra.

It just bothers me. Its bad enough having to deal with the Mountain being recast (lord knows how many non book readers even knew they were meant to be the same person!), but no one is going to appreciate Dondarrion's origin in the series either if he's recast. If anything, the "previously on Game of Thrones" if it shows the Season 1 snippet will only serve to confuse people.

It just bothers me. Its bad enough having to deal with the Mountain being recast (lord knows how many non book readers even knew they were meant to be the same person!), but no one is going to appreciate Dondarrion's origin in the series either if he's recast. If anything, the "previously on Game of Thrones" if it shows the Season 1 snippet will only serve to confuse people.

I think the audience deserves a bit more credit than that, IMO. Granted, not every Unsullied watches with the same attention as those over at TWOP, but its not all that confusing of a change, particularly when its explained that by the time we meet him on screen, he's already been resurrected several times.

Also, Dondarrion is a fairly major character, for a bit. Indeed ,his is the sort of role tailor made for a bigger name. He's onscreen for some serious badassery, drives the plot along nicely at times, and then is gone- his fire going to Lady Stoneheart. As much as the featured extra from the first season might look the part, its unlikely he's got the acting chops to satisfy such a big part.

FWIW, given my above argument, and based on the beard I saw him wearing on the Daily Show the other day- I say Michael Fassbender for the Lightning Lord. He's the right age, got the look, is from the UK (if I'm not mistake). He's probably too big at this point, but its a shame they couldn't have nabbed him right after a couple years ago.

yep i knew that. Also margery tyrell is a 32 year old playing what supposed to be 16 year old. they can make a change, wouldnt be to major a change if they could get such a great actor.

Mind Blown, cant handle the awesomness

That doesn't mean that they have to age everyone though.

And Dondarrion kind of is this young, passionate, empathic man. Pirkis or Redmayne would be perfect for that role.

Archived