A Certain Wedding (MEGASPOILERS)

Christopher

I raced through looking for the next Arya chapter as well. I thought, "There is NO WAY he killed all three of them." and I kept thinking, "This can't be happening, this can't be happening..." as I flipped through the pages....

Boy, GRRM really has us by the balls, doesn't he.

Edit: If there hadn't been another Arya chapter in that book, I think I would have Lost My Mind. It was right before I turned the light out so I had no time to come here and wait for an answer. I can't imagine what my sleep or dreams would have been like if I'd had to go to sleep thinking she was dead..... *horrors*

After the Red Wedding I couldn't put the book down. I flew through the rest of it in a couple of days. My wife loves the tv show and hasn't read the books so now that I'm WAY ahead of the tv show, I have to be careful not to spoil anything on her. Unfortunately it's going to be years before I can talk to her about any of this!

We were in bed when I got to the end of the RW and I litterally yelled out, "Are you f**king KIDDING me?!?". And she's tellng me, "Don't ruin it for me!". My poor wife. She has no idea how depressing the end of season 3 is going to be.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend finally read the RW. All he could say was, "I threw the book down and I haven't picked it up since."

Hopefully he'll come around....

I think that a lot of people will react this way if the TV show ends season 3 with the Red Wedding and especially if they ended it with an is Arya alive or dead "cliffhanger"

The end will be a front shot of Arya running, her face desparate. Behind her the Hound will catch up, his horse galloping, and we'll see his ax come around, ...... and the scene will go black.

I can't think of a more gut wrenching cliff-hanger.

Was anyone absolutely devastated when Walder Frey betrayed and killed Robb and Catelyn? I had to quit reading after that chapter for awhile. Call me blind but I never saw it coming. I guess I should have been suspicious when Grey Wind got frisky but I was shocked nonetheless. I know this isn't your typical fantasy story but do you have to rip my heart out and proceed to stomp on it continuously?

First time through i had a bad feeling but NOTHING could have prepared for that first read through. Left me floored jaw hanging open.....even after GRRM had made it abundantly clear before that moment that things like this will happen...i was still just floored.

I was more shocked with Catelyn's death as compared to Robb's. I had to reread the last few lines of the chapter and flip ahead to make sure there weren't any Catelyn chapters left to be sure of it. Some people spoiled Robb's death on tumblr (darn!), so I was expecting it. It's just the manner of his death that gave me the chills.

I was sure something bad would happen when Walder Frey was being "too nice". I trusted Catelyn's intuition and was annoyed by Robb (for his apparent optimism) for the duration of the journey from Riverrun to The Twins and even after they were received by that old geezer.

Signs that led me believe that things were going bad:

1. Grey Wind not being allowed into the hall
  2. Grey Wind howling
  3. Walder Frey giving Edmure Roslin
  4. Walder Frey's incessant heh heh-ing

Robb dying had already been spoiled for me, but all I knew was that Robb was going to die, I didn't know in which book or anything..

BUT, I twigged early on that something bad was going to happen, when Grey Wind was acting up I thought, right the wolves never like anyone who's untrustworthy, and then when Catelyn said something about Walder giving out lots of alcohol, I thought, he's sold them out to the Lannisters! he's getting Robb and his army drunk, then the Lannisters are going to ride in a kill them all in their drunken stupor..

but yeah when it all happened and Cat got killed and I thought Arya died to, was pretty shocked, I'm usually quite easy to set off when it comes to water works with epic storylines but I didn't feel anything like that, strange!

I read the wedding chapter hours ago and I was really sad and angry afterwards.. I put the book down and haven't picked it up since. I actually made an account here because I needed somewhere to vent my frustrations with fellow readers.

Robb was really the one I was rooting for, though I know it wasn't looking good for him but I'm a fan of happy endings(not the right books to read then I guess). I was always looking forward to Catelyn chapters, not because I liked her that much, but because they were intertwined with Robb. I wasn't that fond of Cat but I did pity her. It just feels like nothing good can ever happen to the Starks, for example with Arya. Everytime she was getting close to her family something would happen that would move her away from them again. So when she and the Hound actually got near her family I was already expecting something because I highly doubted Martin would let them have a happy reunion.

It's so frustrating and depressing to keep seeing all the good ones get massacred.. And right now I'm doubting if I want to continue watching the slaughter..

I read the wedding chapter hours ago and I was really sad and angry afterwards.. I put the book down and haven't picked it up since. I actually made an account here because I needed somewhere to vent my frustrations with fellow readers.

Robb was really the one I was rooting for, though I know it wasn't looking good for him but I'm a fan of happy endings(not the right books to read then I guess). I was always looking forward to Catelyn chapters, not because I liked her that much, but because they were intertwined with Robb. I wasn't that fond of Cat but I did pity her. It just feels like nothing good can ever happen to the Starks, for example with Arya. Everytime she was getting close to her family something would happen that would move her away from them again. So when she and the Hound actually got near her family I was already expecting something because I highly doubted Martin would let them have a happy reunion.

It's so frustrating and depressing to keep seeing all the good ones get massacred.. And right now I'm doubting if I want to continue watching the slaughter..

Keep reading. You're in for a bumpy ride but not one you would want to miss :cool4:

The North Remembers...

What's left of it will, yes. I guess Robb's army is massacred too, and no Starks left to unite them again.. Except for Jon Snow, but he won't go fight for the throne.

Argh whatever, I'll keep reading. I just want to see Bolten brutally murdered, and the Freys to be extinct till the last one. Stannis and his priest can also die a horrible death. Lol. Soon I'll have a list like Arya, that I'll say every time before I start reading :D

What's left of it will, yes. I guess Robb's army is massacred too, and no Starks left to unite them again.. Except for Jon Snow, but he won't go fight for the throne.

Argh whatever, I'll keep reading. I just want to see Bolten brutally murdered, and the Freys to be extinct till the last one. Stannis and his priest can also die a horrible death.

Did you forget about Sansa, Arya and Rickon? I know it's not very likely that they'll get reunited, but who knows...

Speaking of Roose...I just can't hate him. He's too awesome to hate.

And about the Freys, I think you'll be happy to see what fate awaits them when you read the epilogue.

But, most importantly, why do you hate Stannis? :unsure:

Argh whatever, I'll keep reading. I just want to see Bolten brutally murdered, and the Freys to be extinct till the last one. Stannis and his priest can also die a horrible death. Lol. Soon I'll have a list like Arya, that I'll say every time before I start reading :D

I know it is hard to imagine right now, but keep reading and you may meet one or two Frey's you will actually like and when you read more about Stannis, well who knows what might happen. And I hope you don't truly want innocent little Frey children exterminated, I suppose that would not be in line with the Stark inheritage :frown5:

Did you forget about Sansa, Arya and Rickon? I know it's not very likely that they'll get reunited, but who knows...

Speaking of Roose...I just can't hate him. He's too awesome to hate.

And about the Freys, I think you'll be happy to see what fate awaits them when you read the epilogue.

But, most importantly, why do you hate Stannis? :unsure:

No I didn't forget them, but I was talking about reuniting the Northern armies, they're too young to do that ;)

I hate Stannis less than I hate people like Walder Frey, but I still really dislike him for the way he gets rid of his enemies and even his own brother. Sure, he's the rightful king.. But killing your own brother with dark magic, really? Afterwards he gets his army massacred at KL, though there wasn't really something he could do about it, but still, getting so close to killing Joffry and then not closing the deal is dissappointing :D I mainly dislike Stannis for Melisandre though, without her I probably wouldn't mind him.

I know it is hard to imagine right now, but keep reading and you may meet one or two Frey's you will actually like and when you read more about Stannis, well who knows what might happen. And I hope you don't truly want innocent little Frey children exterminated, I suppose that would not be in line with the Stark inheritage :frown5:

I guess the innocent Frey children may live. But Walder Frey and all his adult sons who helped him kill Robb must be beheaded. :D

No I didn't forget them, but I was talking about reuniting the Northern armies, they're too young to do that ;)

I hate Stannis less than I hate people like Walder Frey, but I still really dislike him for the way he gets rid of his enemies and even his own brother. Sure, he's the rightful king.. But killing your own brother with dark magic, really? Afterwards he gets his army massacred at KL, though there wasn't really something he could do about it, but still, getting so close to killing Joffry and then not closing the deal is dissappointing :D I mainly dislike Stannis for Melisandre though, without her I probably wouldn't mind him.

I guess the innocent Frey children may live. But Walder Frey and all his adult sons who helped him kill Robb must be beheaded. :D

Well, if Renly and Stannis fought in a battle, wouldn't Renly have done the same? I don't think he would have spared Stannis, who might eventually be a threat to his rule. And it wouldn't be just Stannis, but 5000 of his men as well. Renly's assassination saved a lot of lives.

Just so you know, Mel's influence over him starts waning as the story goes, and I think that you'll eventually start liking him.

As for the Freys. the only ones worth saving are Olyvar, Perwyn, Allesander and Roslin.

The rest?

Kill them all, and let God sort them out.

As for the Freys. the only ones worth saving are Olyvar, Perwyn, Allesander and Roslin.

The rest?

Kill them all, and let God sort them out.

The women too? The children and the Frey's married off to other houses? You want all the Freys killed, women and children, because something the head of their House and some of his sons carried out?

Why is having Frey blood something that should have you exterminated?

Edited and possible spoiler removed.

Archived