who, if anyone, will avenge the RW... SPOILERS

AegonTargaryen

Okay so this sub forum is littered with thoughts about the RW and people's feelings afterwards. Personally, I'm only now starting to mourn the event, when it actually happened I was blood thirsty, calling for Walder Frey and Roose Bolton's heads, and all the other conspirators. I'm wondering who, if anyone, you guys think will avenge the King in the North?

For me, not to give anything away, but from Sam's interactions with Jon in the beginning of Feast, I think that although Jon isn't as emotional and impulsive as some of his siblings, he is aware that his brother and best friend whom he very much loved was brutally murdered and has every intention to avenge him. I also think that when he finds out that Robb had legitimized him as Jon Stark, his brother and heir, the new King in the North, he'll be reminded of the love and trust Robb had in him, and be even more committed to avenging his bro.

So I speculate, that Jon (Targaryen ;)), along with the Greatjon (who's son was also butchered at the RW), the Reeds, and other Stark loyalists will avenge the abomination that was the RW.

Thoughts folks?

I know there is a similar discussion in the general discussion forum, but there was talk of people I never heard of, and had quite a few spoilers, so I decided it would be fun to discuss with people who were still reading.

Very very minor spoiler from Feast...................When Sam is talking to Jon about the Lannisters, at one point Sam says that a certain action may "embarrass the Lannisters" Jon's response, I think, demonstrated a side of Jon we hadn't yet seen, and I think it shows that he is capable of avenging his farther and brother's murders.

I highly doubt Jon would leave the wall to avenge anyone. He's Lord Commander, the only thing standing in between the Others and the Realm of men. Bigger fish to fry.

I'd say Sansa

SPOILERS FOR FEAST.

She's learning how to play the game from the best of them, Littlefinger and once she eventually regales Winterfell, she and the power of the Vale will crush the Freys and Boltons.

I actually think Job is a impulsive. I feel like taking the black was impulsive due to a feeling of not being wanted, also becoming emotional attached to Ygritte was a bad decision due to the fact that he knew what the outcome would be. That being said, I could really see Arya avenging Robb and Cat. I think she is going to turn into a badass.

I sadly don't think they will ever be avenged, just like Ned.

If Jon left the wall and was given the armys of the North/joined with Stannis then maybe, but we all know that isn't going to happen. Sansa would be possible, but you just feel that there isn't enough time left in the series (assuming that it does not go over the 8 books) for her to become powerful enough. Arya is still too young and will take time on her quest. The Greatjon is a prisoner and will no doubt have to swear fealty to Bolton or be killed, and he can't avenge anybody by himself. I have no faith at all in Edmure doing anything.. but maybe the Blackfish could.

Actually, I've just thought on a bit... I wouldn't put it past Brienne. She was very loyal to Catelyn, I think if she was given the chance she would take action against her killers.

There are a few possibilities. The Blackfish holds Riverrun. Howland Reed potentially knows of Robb's plan of succession. Also Maege Mormont and Jason Mallester were on there way to the Reeds. Whoever Rickon ends up with will have a vested interest in returning the Starks to power. The Greatjon will always be a danger to anyone besides a Stark as Warden of the North should he be released. If the Freys are smart they will kill him.

I highly doubt Jon would leave the wall to avenge anyone. He's Lord Commander, the only thing standing in between the Others and the Realm of men. Bigger fish to fry.

I agree with this actually. Although keeping it in mind I think one of two things will happen to Jon

(a) He will die a heroic death fighting the Others, and will be sung about for generations and generations to come, his song will be a song of ice and fire.

( B) He'll beat the Others, and somehow be released from his vows as a member of the Night's Watch, perhaps Robb legitimizing him will have something to do with this? Anyway, after saving the world he'll take the iron throne as Jon Targaryen, and will be sung about for generations and generations to come, his song will be a song of ice and fire. Of course he'll avenge Robb in the process.

From what I know of GRRM scenario b would be just way too damn satisfying, so I'd bet on a.

EDIT: the smiling sunglass smiley is a "b"

Archived