Sandor Clegane

Robb_

I just got done with the chapter where Brienne finds out about the Hound's fate from the elder brother. I don't really see what the mystery is here, unless he was lying about trying to save Sandor before he died? Also, Stranger was in the stables. I thought this explanation put a stamp on the Hound's fate just in case the reader was wondering if he died shortly after Arya left him, or if somehow he miraculously escaped with his life. Not sure if there is more about this later in the book that I haven't read yet, but that last Brienne chapter sure seems to put all of the mystery to an end.

He's alive. GRRM has spent a lot of time with the scenes between he and Sansa. It's not a dead end. GRRM is saving him for his redemption arc. he's coming back. so is Sansa . both are going to be different. Perfect.... i can't wait til they meet again.

I just got done with the chapter where Brienne finds out about the Hound's fate from the elder brother. I don't really see what the mystery is here, unless he was lying about trying to save Sandor before he died? Also, Stranger was in the stables. I thought this explanation put a stamp on the Hound's fate just in case the reader was wondering if he died shortly after Arya left him, or if somehow he miraculously escaped with his life. Not sure if there is more about this later in the book that I haven't read yet, but that last Brienne chapter sure seems to put all of the mystery to an end.

Notice that the Elder Brother does two things: 1) never says "Sandor Clegane is dead", instead saying "the Hound is dead" or "the man you seek is dead" and 2) uses a fairly loose definition of "dead", telling Brienne his knightly self "died" at the Battle of the Trident.

Then ask how a person who simply tended to Sandor Clegane as he lay dying knows so much about his innermost feelings, things he didn't share with Arya or Sansa, and how they even got Stranger to the island when he still bites and tramples anyone who comes close.

To answer those questions I'd start by asking the tall, cowled acolyte with a limp and a fondness for dogs.

• 7 months later...

We know Stranger is alive but going by driftwood now since Elder brother thought the other name was blasphemy. The horse will only allow Sandor to ride him and him and Arya near him. Since Stranger would not leave Sandor I am sure the grave digger is Sandor. He is of build and doing similar things to what he did in the Vale. I think he will get his just due and kill Gregor/ Robert Strong. I will also think he will help the STarks as he tried to do with Arya and felt bad he got such bad luck trying to get her to Twins to be too late. He was wanting to go into Robb's service and of course he is in love with Sansa.

I have to admit I started liking Sandor when he was with Arya and actually trying to do the right thing but hiding that he was only doing it for the money. I think he has a guilt and may feel like he has a debt to pay and honor to restore. i think Arya did him a service by not killing him and hence sparking some life into him that is genuine and not filled by his lust to kill Gregor or just to kill. She actually talks to him and looks at his face which he liked.

I am hoping GRRM brings him back and if he means to kill him make him have a great death doing something honorable or helping Starks. If he were to live same thing and hey he is the rightful heir to Harrenhal right or what house did Gregor sit? The white cloak/bloodied Sansa kept. I had a few theories of what that might relate to and she had soem feelings for him or started developing them. I do not think anyone will get a happy ending after finishing AFFC. I want one for the Stark children and other characters.

I am starting to ship Sandor and Sansa. Sandor seems like the only honest character and can understand why he hates knights and did not want to take vows because so many Knights break their vows, lies and do all sorts of dishonorable things and do not own their actions. Sandor does similar things, but he owns his actions. I think Sandor will come and help Sansa and make sure she does not turn into LF's pet or remind her of who she is. heck he can be Sansa's knight and shining armor that she always dreams about.

Archived