Rhymes of Ice and Fire Has a Fevre Dream - Come Join Us!

I would love to talk about Fevre Dream since i'm the only bard to have read it so far.

Keep in mind GRRM wrote the book in 1982 many years before the politcally correct (PC) movement and more then 10 years before AGOT was published. I would say his writing ability improved considerably over those years but nonetheless Fevre Dream is still the GRRM we know and love (or loath :eek:).

There are several tidbits in Fevre Dream that are prescient to ASOIAF. For example several characters share the same names or partial character traits. GRRM also uses the term "pale mare" once in Fevre Dream be on the look out for it and compare the context with its use in ASOIAF. Also let me know which Fevre Dream character you think is GRRM's stand-in.

Howling, when I get the book and start reading it, I'll open a thread (or you can) in Literature to start the read. You can open the reading with some non-spoiler comments, and I will continue with teasers for everyone else too!

Well, we tried :P

If it doesn't arrive shortly I will ship a new book starting in the US. We can then arrange hand to hand transfers across international lines just like real sumgglers :ninja: . We shall not fail! :angry:

If it doesn't arrive shortly I will ship a new book starting in the US. We can then arrange hand to hand transfers across international lines just like real sumgglers :ninja: . We shall not fail! :angry:

Will the last person row across the sea in his own boat to hand it to me then? I am on a ferry port :lol:

Aw yeah!

Apparently the travelling will take more time than actual reading. Anyone cares to guess an estimate when it will reach the next reader? I say FB will read it quickly, like in ten days. Then one week more for the transport. I say the next one will have it around 20th July. Lets see how wrong I am. ;)

Will the last person row across the sea in his own boat to hand it to me then? I am on a ferry port :lol:

The exchange between JC and Howling would be very interesting then ...

In what states do Bai and Silver live?

EDIT: If they don't mind sharing on here. If so, to tumblr!

Bai lives in Florida. Don't know about Silver. And I will have the book read and out the door in the next 2 days or so.

Archived