Rhymes of Ice and Fire Has a Fevre Dream - Come Join Us!

I think it's just a matter of deciding what order to do: Onion, Ndrew, Ninja, Silver. Who wants to mail the book back to me (cheaper, if you can read fast) or off to the UK to Dracarya. I'll take the book to Belfast with me, otherwise.

No, it's no closer to the shore than New Jersey is. Or, at least it depends on what town you're in. New York City's even closer (that's where Ndrew lives, right?).

Oh okay. Yeah I'm pretty sure he does. Okay first question, should FB send it south to Bai in FL, and then send the book back north? Or should we start north and go south. FB would we send it back to you to take to TitanCon? Is that the plan?

EDIT: NVM just saw tumblr

So, I think FB should send it south to Bai, who could send it to me and I'll send it to NY/NJ/CT and then back to FB?

Like I said on the Tumblr, playing it by ear might be an idea. If the book makes the rounds quickly enough, we should be able to judge whether or not it'll make it to me by TitanCon. The amount of time it took to get from H4R to FB was probably the same as it'd take to get to me from NYC. I've had packages delivered in less time :P I don't mind FB handing it over to me at TitanCon, or bringing it myself, whatever works the best when the time comes.

Have you sorted the order out between yourselves? Makes no difference to me, whatever is quickest and cheapest for you guys :D

Now to finish watching Blackwater, and head off to bed. Working 9-4 tomorrow :stillsick:

I'm thinking Florida, Ohio, Connecticut/New Jersey/New York, or Ohio, Connecticut/New Jersey/New York, Florida. Prices won't be much different, so speed is really what matters (incidentally, it'll be cheaper and potentially faster to send it to FB to give to Drac at Titancon, so it could start making the rounds in Britain/Europe).

Bai asked to have it after FB, and I think we should honour that, so your first order sounds good. If it's faster and cheaper to send it back to FB to bring to TitanCon, that's fine by me, it saves some poor sod mailing it to England.

Also :kiss: for saying Britain/Europe, Silver :D

Bai lives in Florida. Don't know about Silver. And I will have the book read and out the door in the next 2 days or so.

I underestimated either you or the time you have to read ...

Howling - you know we cannot join the discussion before we get the book, right? I fear that thread will be twice dead before the book reaches Europe. But it would be interesting to see it resurrected like 10 times. :)

kissdbyfire, surely you do not suck at it! Come post something there (for about a half of us English is even not our first langage, so we cannot be much better, you know :)).

I'll give it a go. It may take me a ridiculous amount of time to put something together though... And no laughing!!! :P

I'll give it a go. It may take me a ridiculous amount of time to put something together though... And no laughing!!! :P

Even if it's something random and childish, it's all good :P We rewrote nursery rhymes at some point I think lol. It's just a bit of fun at the end of the day.

We never, ever laugh at bards. Every attempt made to play with words is a worthy attempt. Try something simple - like ABAB, or even ABAC, which you see a lot here, or a limmerick, or have a go at some haikku. Haikku has 17 syllables, thre lines of 5-7-5. The third line should feel like a summary of the first 2. This is an excellent and helpful web site - http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Haiku-Poem

Can I join? Is it too late? I've been reading the Rhymes thread since the beginning but I've never posted anything because I suck at it. :-(

It's never to late to join the fun!

We all just have some fun over here making any rhymes we can puzzle together...and then there's JC, putting us all to shame :P

A haiku to start,

and you're welcome as a bard,

Refigerator!

I underestimated either you or the time you have to read ...

Howling - you know we cannot join the discussion before we get the book, right? I fear that thread will be twice dead before the book reaches Europe. But it would be interesting to see it resurrected like 10 times. :)

Oh no Buck we are off to a rousing start. Two mod posts one warning its great!

Archived