Rhymes of Ice and Fire Has a Fevre Dream - Come Join Us!

Hello there!

I am quite new to the whole GRRM world and since I finished with aDwD I've been quite obsessed with everything Ice and Fire. Lately, I have been looking for some of Martins other books to read... I stumbled on this thread and I love the idea. It's wonderful. I would like to join in if that is possible. I am also Belgian, so as the book is there now, it wouldn't mess up the travelling. I'm also a fast reader, so I wouldn't hold it up too much I hope...

However, if there is a long list of people waiting or if you don't want anyone 'on the outside' joining in, I completely understand and won't be offended at all!

Let me know... And have fun with this project!

Did you read the Dunk and Egg stories by Martin? They are three short stories that take place about 100 years before ISOAF. I just finished the first. It's called The Hedge Knight. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I apologise in advance if it will take a little more time - I am still in the middle of the exams, and I also have a long list of books that I need to read, which unfortunately must come first. So if anybody has a problem with the book staying here for a few weeks, please post it here and I will skip myself and send it on to Lady immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

How's it going, Buck? :)

I am six chapters in currently. It is going slow because I am reading other stuff in between too. (I was good this past week, read a lot! :smug:) I will send it on when I have read it, probably to Lady - I have asked Slurms Nelson if he wants it, but he did not give me any definite answer. He has some weeks (till I have read it) to make up his mind, I guess.

• 3 months later...

Okay, I finally have some more time for reading what I want (finished my exams, woohoo! :commie:), and enjoying Fevre Dream now. I will send it to somebody else in Europe later, not sure who right now, but we will figure it out.

The order until now was:

Howling Mad

(post)

Fragile Bird

(post)

Baitac

(post)

Dark Night Full of Ninjas

(sent by post back to Fragile Bird in time for Titancon, then handed personally)

Dracarya

(handed personally)

Kissdbyfire

(post)

Little Miss Sunshine

(post)

Buckwheat

After that, the plan is the rest of Europe (Winter's Lady, Slurms McKenzie or whatever form name he is using now), then All Men Must Rhyme and then back to the USA to make full circle around the world.

Sounds good to me, Buck! Maybe it'll make it back to Howling before the year is out ;)

Judging from previous experience, this does not seem too likely ... the rest of the bards will have to be more diligent readers if we want to pull that. :blushing:

Drac suggested the following order from here on:

Slurms (which I am not exactly sure what he is up to right now)

Winter's Lady

All Men Must Rhyme

Silver Spearwife

Onion

- back to Howling

Please comment if that is okay with everybody. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived