Rhymes of Ice and Fire Has a Fevre Dream - Come Join Us!

Order in which the book will go around:

Howling4Reed

Fragile Bird

Baitac

Who's next? Onion, Ndrew or Ninja? Whoever is last will have to send it to me, and then it'll go:

Dracarya

Slurms

LMS

Lady

Buckwheat

Dena?

Then to Jcooper? Who is happy to pay for that shipping? We can change the Europe order around, or it can be sent back to someone else who's happy to send it to Jcooper. Oh and of course, from Jcooper back to H4R. Happy pappy?

Mod:

I have no idea what's going on and yet suspect it is time to stop, re Peterbound.

It may be time to change my sig anyway.

More pertinently:

Will this thread involve any actual reading of Fevre Dream or any other book, or it is purely a coordinating venture for this geographical enterprise? I heartily approve in either case, but if it's the latter than I will move the thread over to the BWB forum, where we coordinate real-world logistics and events, whatever they are, and is probably a better place to pick up more participants if that's the idea.

Yeah, I don't mind. I'll even help out with my own shipping if you guys like :P I don't know if they have a pay to collect thing with post, but we'll figure something out.

Har don't be silly! I think Lady said it's the same price for her to ship anywhere, I'll check mine as well. Shouldn't be too bad!

Mod:

I have no idea what's going on and yet suspect it is time to stop, re Peterbound.

It may be time to change my sig anyway.

More pertinently:

Will this thread involve any actual reading of Fevre Dream or any other book, or it is purely a coordinating venture for this geographical enterprise? I heartily approve in either case, but if it's the latter than I will move the thread over to the BWB forum, where we coordinate real-world logistics and events, whatever they are, and is probably a better place to pick up more participants if that's the idea.

I have absolutely no idea what Peterbound is doing. Thanks for being understanding about your sig.

We will all read the book, but may not really be discussing it here, as it'll take a long time for it to get around us all, so maybe moving us to BWB would be better. We don't mind :)

<ignoring all the offensive and inapproprite posts in between>

Order in which the book will go around:

Howling4Reed

Fragile Bird

Baitac

Who's next? Onion, Ndrew or Ninja? Whoever is last will have to send it to me, and then it'll go:

Dracarya

Slurms

LMS

Lady

Buckwheat

Dena?

Then to Jcooper? Who is happy to pay for that shipping? We can change the Europe order around, or it can be sent back to someone else who's happy to send it to Jcooper. Oh and of course, from Jcooper back to H4R. Happy pappy?

IIRC, FB said she will send it to Ndrew or Onion, who will then send it to Ninja, I think? Not sure.

Lady said she is ok with sending it to JC from her place and apparently it will cost her less than it will cost me to send it to anyone in Europe.

<ignoring all the offensive and inapproprite posts in between>

IIRC, FB said she will send it to Ndrew or Onion, who will then send it to Ninja, I think? Not sure.

Lady said she is ok with sending it to JC from her place and apparently it will cost her less than it will cost me to send it to anyone in Europe.

Sweet. I'm cool with going last, I just don't want you guys to be ridiculously out of pocket from sending it to me, so if it's cheaper and she doesn't mind, that'd be sweet. Maybe I'll buy something off her eBay to make up for it :P

Good idea to ignore the offensive posts, Buck.

If it's cheaper for Lady to send it onto JC, would it not make sense for her to have it last in Europe? So LMS, Buckwheat, Dena, then Lady? Let me just check the Tumblr, I can't remember who is close to who in the US. It would make sense for them to take the cheapest route, but it's up to them how they work it tbh. The last person just has to be prepared to pay postage to the UK :D

I would love to talk about Fevre Dream since i'm the only bard to have read it so far.

Keep in mind GRRM wrote the book in 1982 many years before the politcally correct (PC) movement and more then 10 years before AGOT was published. I would say his writing ability improved considerably over those years but nonetheless Fevre Dream is still the GRRM we know and love (or loath :eek:).

There are several tidbits in Fevre Dream that are prescient to ASOIAF. For example several characters share the same names or partial character traits. GRRM also uses the term "pale mare" once in Fevre Dream be on the look out for it and compare the context with its use in ASOIAF. Also let me know which Fevre Dream character you think is GRRM's stand-in.

Sweet. I'm cool with going last, I just don't want you guys to be ridiculously out of pocket from sending it to me, so if it's cheaper and she doesn't mind, that'd be sweet. Maybe I'll buy something off her eBay to make up for it :P

You can be happy for going last. You will see eveything we will write into it :).

I am somehow afraid in what state Howling will get his book back.

Let's try to talk about what this thread is about and ignore the useless comments, no matter how rude they are ok? :)

I don't know about shipping costs here but I can look, hope is not too expensive!! The list you have done looks ok to me Lady, I'm worried about the package not surviving all the travelling, but I hope it does!!

H4R, not sure if we're gonna get moved to BWB and then open a discussion thread here in Literature about the book. It'll take all of us a while to receive and read the book, so waiting to open the thread might be the best option. What do you think?

Lady, yeah that sounds good to me! We have to work out who it'll be with during TitanCon though!

Oh, I'd like to join! May I join, dear bards?

Of course you can! All you need to be happy with is giving one bard your mailing address, so the book can be sent onto you, and posting the book to the next bard. You're in the US, correct? :)

Yeah I have no problem sending it to JC, so the order should maybe be

Drac - (Slurms) - LMS - Dena - Buck - me - JC

Would that be ok?

Is not Dena the most west? The logical route would be Drac - Slurms (what is with him?)Dena - LMS - Lady - me, but we can just change to me- Lady since it is cheaper to send to JC for her.

Archived