Wyman Manderly, your picks

hombay

He's probably not British enough. ;)

Yes, very true, hadn't thought of that. Oh well.

Richard Griffiths seems a bit too.. goofy to fit in with my image of Wyman. But to be honest, I can't recall seeing him act so I digress.

Brian Blessed.. not convinced. Anyone other candidate?

The fat fuck who announces the news in Rome. Can't find a name for him.

Ian McNeice. Not a bad shout.

Someone suggested Stephen Fry somwhere else and it got me wondering whether he could portray an authoritarian, somewhat menacing and calculating badass. Plus he's lost a lot of weight the last few years, he'd need to bulk up again.

Wyman Manderly - a black person? i can't help but think of the actor who played Prop Joe in the Wire.

my friend & I were thinking about which characters they could make black and we both thought this northern lord could "fit" the part.

although, since they haven't shown any Reeds yet, I guess they could recast them all as black people. I wouldn't complain.

when is more season 3 casting news going to come out, for real? filming probably starts soon so you'd think more roles would be filled by now.

Wyman Manderly - a black person? i can't help but think of the actor who played Prop Joe in the Wire.

my friend & I were thinking about which characters they could make black and we both thought this northern lord could "fit" the part.

although, since they haven't shown any Reeds yet, I guess they could recast them all as black people. I wouldn't complain.

when is more season 3 casting news going to come out, for real? filming probably starts soon so you'd think more roles would be filled by now.

That wouldn't make sense at all. Only the people from the Summer Islands are black.

Ian McNeice. Not a bad shout.

Someone suggested Stephen Fry somwhere else and it got me wondering whether he could portray an authoritarian, somewhat menacing and calculating badass. Plus he's lost a lot of weight the last few years, he'd need to bulk up again.

He was the original Illyrio but had to pull out because of a scheduling conflict. Would love to have him back on the show.

Ian McNeice.

He played Winston Churchill on Dr. Who and Baron Harkonen in Dune (Scifi). Plus he was supposed to be Illyrio but had to drop the role b/c of scheduling conflicts. If he can't be The Fat Man in Essos...make him The Fat Man in the North. :)

ETA: Also the fat man from Rome. :)

Archived