An insight into the Sansa Prophecy

In Feast of Crows, theres a line where she SPECIFICALLY notes the Eyrie as a castle made of snow, etc.

Doesn't that give enough of a hint to her slaying Littlefinger not Robert Strong?

I doubt Sansa will end up at Winterfell any time super soon and it seems more fitting that she kills Littlefinger...

What do you guys think?

I always thought Sansa or arya kills LF. And I think in the end the Starks will be looking like this:

Rickon lord of winterfell

Sansa protector of the vale (over her husband)

Bran similar fate to bloodraven or dead

Jon/dany king/queen keeping the targ line more pure

Arya I'm not to sure about she might die or be a lady is Jon's court and soldier. Or maybe a FM

Not sure where you get her slaying Robert Strong from. Are you being sarcastic and referring to Sweet-Robin:)??

I think the OP is meaning the 'giant' that Sansa is supposed to slay in the snow castle (as per the prophecy of the Ghost of High Heart). She is saying that the giant will be Littlefinger (as his grandfather's sigil was the Giant of Braavos) rather than the giant Robert Strong/Mountain.

I think the OP is meaning the 'giant' that Sansa is supposed to slay in the snow castle (as per the prophecy of the Ghost of High Heart). She is saying that the giant will be Littlefinger (as his grandfather's sigil was the Giant of Braavos) rather than the giant Robert Strong/Mountain.

Not every prophecy has to be a world-shaker. It's entirely possible that the giant she slew was little Robert's doll in the snow-castle Winterfell. That aside, while they usually do go by sigils when describing a character, there are other people that have been described as giants that are small of stature, Tyrion for one. I don't actually think Littlefinger has ever been referred to in such a manner.

There's also the fact that they've moved down from the Eyrie due to winter coming. Though if we ever see them move back up, it would certainly be a sign to get ready for some giant-slaying.

I always figured the prophecy referred to Sansa ripping up Sweetrobin's doll, even if that's a bit mundane as prophecies go (I guess they can't all relate to assassinations and such).

I can't really see Sansa "slaying" anyone, though, even if she harboured violent fantasies about horrible things happening to Joffrey and the Kingsguards who beat her. "Slaying" makes me think of someone swinging a sword around, and Sansa's not the type to do things that way.

The bit with Sansa, Sweetrobin, and Littlefinger might symbolically prefigure or be foreshadowing for an actual event down the road, though. Maybe Sansa will defend the "snow castle" or Winterfell (or what Winterfell represents, the Stark legacy or her family) from some outside threat. The symbolism gets wonky, though, because Littlefinger helps her build the snow castle, when in reality, he's the one primarily responsible for the destruction of House Stark. Hmmm. Maybe the "snow castle" represents Sansa herself; Littlefinger helps her build herself up, even as he's conducting an assault on her identity as Sansa Stark by making her pretend to be Alayne Stone, since Sansa is getting stronger and tougher and learning how to be a player. So when an outside threat tries to destroy the "snow castle," or Sansa, she destroys the threat, but maybe not with physical violence. Littlefinger finds it amusing when Sansa sticks the doll's head on a spike on places it on the wall of her castle; I suspect he'll find it less amusing when he's on the receiving end of her wrath.

I don't think that the doll and snow castle incident is a fulfillment of the ghost's vision. Most of the other things the ghost sees are events that significantly change the political landscape of the Seven Kingdoms.

The most likely reading of it seems to be her turning on Littlefinger and ruining him politically. I don't think she's all that likely to physically kill someone unless there's a struggle that results in Littlefinger departing the Eyrie through the Moon Door. Of course, there's the obvious problem that the Eyrie is now empty for the winter.

In Feast of Crows, theres a line where she SPECIFICALLY notes the Eyrie as a castle made of snow, etc.

Doesn't that give enough of a hint to her slaying Littlefinger not Robert Strong?

I doubt Sansa will end up at Winterfell any time super soon and it seems more fitting that she kills Littlefinger...

What do you guys think?

I gave my reasons in another thread stating that the giant Sansa slays could be LF, also added was Tyrion for all the sayings of him casting a giant shadow and he's the little giant, 3rd was sweet robins doll when SR busted Sansa's snow castle of Winterfell, and lastly is Gregor.

We then have the giant divided between stone and savage with many believing the Savage giant being LF or Tyrion and the stone giant Gregor, of the three Gregor had no interaction with Sansa or Tyrion and I don't think he had any with LF.

My two picks would be LF and or Tyrion, and to slay doesn’t necessarily mean to kill, she could just beat them at their game and ruin them for life.

I stick with my vote of LF because he has not only Sansa but the realm as a whole by the neck.

Not every prophecy has to be a world-shaker. It's entirely possible that the giant she slew was little Robert's doll in the snow-castle Winterfell. That aside, while they usually do go by sigils when describing a character, there are other people that have been described as giants that are small of stature, Tyrion for one. I don't actually think Littlefinger has ever been referred to in such a manner.

There's also the fact that they've moved down from the Eyrie due to winter coming. Though if we ever see them move back up, it would certainly be a sign to get ready for some giant-slaying.

But it is known that his father or grandfather came from Bravos and there is a Titan of Bravos sigil hanging in the Finger home I believe.

I actually do think this is just referring to Sansa building a castle in the snow and then ripping up Sweetrobin's dolly. I say 'just' but that this was really a big defining moment for Sansa. This scene is a big part of her growing up, realizing the importance of her family and the value of being a Stark. It is when she starts to get angry and not be afraid to be unladylike.

I also think that it is GRRM having a bit of a joke, not all prophecies are going to be big ones. The Ghost of High Heart might see a lot, but not all of it is necessarily useful. And not all of it is literal, either. Sansa was also the maid with purple snakes in her hair - which turned out to be poisonous stones in her hairnet - so the sense of the meaning is there but it is not to be taken literally.

I don't know...I think the whole Sansa tearing up Robert's doll was thrown in to make us think the prophecy had been fulfilled. Because really, it just seems so inconsequential as far as most of the prophecies are concerned. Like in the same sitting with the Ghost of High Heart, the Ghost talks about the Red Wedding and the Purple Wedding, then mentions Sansa slaying the giant. I guess it makes sense chronologically, but it's ultimately so pointless. The other things she mentions are the deaths of Hoster Tully and Balon Greyjoy, and the impending doom of Vargo Hoat. Then she's gonna mention Sansa ripping up Robert's doll haha? I mean, it really does make sense chronologically, but I have to think it would make even more sense if it's referring to Littlefinger's impending death at the hands of Sansa. The guy is basically asking for it from her at this point.

The thing is though, if Sansa kills Littlefinger, then she has no one to help her anymore.

The man is all she has to rely on at the moment, he is her source of survival. Without him comes probable death.

Fair enough if she encounter someone else to be her ally, but really it seems Sansa cannot live without a guardian.

And as Littlefinger fits that role at the moment, she is in no position to get rid of him.

The thing is though, if Sansa kills Littlefinger, then she has no one to help her anymore.

The man is all she has to rely on at the moment, he is her source of survival. Without him comes probable death.

Fair enough if she encounter someone else to be her ally, but really it seems Sansa cannot live without a guardian.

And as Littlefinger fits that role at the moment, she is in no position to get rid of him.

She doesn't need to forever rely on LF. She is cousin to the heir of the Vale (SR) and might ending up in marrying Harry the Heir if SR dies. Since her marriage with Tyrion is invalid (she is still maiden) a septon can null it and free her from the Lannisters' "rope".

Everyone in the Vale wants LF out and since Sansa is growing stronger (thanks to LF), I can definitively see her getting rid of LF in her first or second chapter in TWOW. I hope it will be a cruel and painfull death. (Head upon a spike!!! :pirate: )

Ciazio

There's the Ghost of Highheart prophesy and there's Bran's vision.

"He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

"I dreamt of a maid at a feast, with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

The Ghost of Highheart's dreams are all important events-- The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding, a Faceless Man killing Balon, Stannis and his shadow babies. Sansa building a snow castle and a little kid's doll getting ripped just doesn't fit among these. Sure it is a very important personal scene for Sansa and it leads to Lysa and the Moon Door but it is totally out of place with all the other dreams.

The giant reference connects the two visions. Bran's first two shadows are probably Sandor and Jaime. Sandor spends time with both Arya and Sansa and Jaime sends Brienne to look for the two girls besides whatever happens after he meets Lady Stoneheart. Bran's last shadow seems to be Gregor especially with unGregor's mystery head. But LF makes more sense. Armored in stone fits with his father's sigil being the Titan of Braavos and LF really is the shadow looming over them. He got their father killed and is primarily responsible for their current circumstances. He used Sansa to help kill Joffrey and "kidnapped" her after and he was the one who turned Jeyne into fake Arya. The "darkness and thick black blood" behind the visor would be LF remaining hidden as he escapes suspicion for all the killing he arranges-- Ned, Jon Arryn, Joffrey, etc.

Oh just that a lot of people are saying that her slaying the giant in a snow castle as seen by the Ghost of High Heart, is her slaying Robert Strong in Winterfell.

I don't believe that theory at all.

Firstly, the Eyrie is shut for the winter. Meaning nobody can go there until spring.

Secondly, it is possible that the slaying of the giant in the castle of snow was referring to Sweetrobin's doll, but in that case it's worth examining that scene in more detail instead, since it's very likely important.

In that scene, Littlefinger steps over the walls of Winterfell. Littlefinger is connected to giants via his family sigil: The Titan of Braavos. Arya notes when she sails to Braavos that when the ship is approaching Braavos, the Titan is so huge he could step over the walls of Winterfell.

Now Sansa puts the doll's head on a spike and mounts it on the Walls of Winterfell.

If we draw a link to giant via titan to LF, then it leads to that Sansa will kill off Littlefinger, possibly in Winterfell, or by drawing on the powers that Winterfell gives her, i.e. Stark, wolf blood etc. (She thinks "I am stronger within the walls of Winterfell".)

Archived