Targaryen looks

Batman

The Baratheons on the show were a poor showing as to how they looked in the books. So I generally dont take that into account. Harry was better looking than I imagined Viserys when reading, less gaunt.

True but at the same time when Dany saw Rhaegar in the Undying she said that he looked like Viserys only he was taller. Viserys must be attractive only he looks a bit crazy and is skinnier.

Jon is supposed to be lean and graceful. I think Rhaegar was like that.

Ya theyre all over the place. Renly went from hugely muscular and tall to extremely wimpy and skinny,completely unwarriorish. Kept his charm though!

I thought Tom Welling looked a bit like Renly. He could use a little more height and a little more muscle, but he has the looks and charisma. Stannis was the one Baratheon who ended up looking better in the show than in the books

When I envisioned the Targaryen look, I pictured more of the platinum blonde hair, as opposed to shining silver. I also imagined the purple eyes to be more of a "so deep blue they look violet" color akin to Elizabeth Taylor's famous eye hue.

If you see it in a more natural way, rather than cartoonish, then it becomes easier to imagine. Also take note that GRRM describes the Lannisters as having "golden locks" but everybody knows that's just blonde.

True but at the same time when Dany saw Rhaegar in the Undying she said that he looked like Viserys only he was taller. Viserys must be attractive only he looks a bit crazy and is skinnier.

Jon is supposed to be lean and graceful. I think Rhaegar was like that.

Dunno about that. Cersei says that it's easier to pretend Robert is Rhaegar then Jaime.

When I envisioned the Targaryen look, I pictured more of the platinum blonde hair, as opposed to shining silver. I also imagined the purple eyes to be more of a "so deep blue they look violet" color akin to Elizabeth Taylor's famous eye hue.

If you see it in a more natural way, rather than cartoonish, then it becomes easier to imagine. Also take note that GRRM describes the Lannisters as having "golden locks" but everybody knows that's just blonde.

I believe you are accurate in that. When GRRM was giving descriptions for Targaryan portraits only Princess Elaena and Shiera Seastar got silver hair.

I thought Tom Welling looked a bit like Renly. He could use a little more height and a little more muscle, but he has the looks and charisma. Stannis was the one Baratheon who ended up looking better in the show than in the books

He may look like him but physique wise i was disapointed that i think i could take him out pretty easily, which isnt what i expected from a fairly competent fighter

Dunno about that. Cersei says that it's easier to pretend Robert is Rhaegar then Jaime.

I think he had the gracefulness.

Many a night she had watched Prince Rhaegar in the hall, playing his silver-stringed harp with

those long, elegant fingers of his. Had any man ever been so beautiful?

Aurane Waters is described as lean. She first thought that he was Rhaegar come again but then when she looked at him further she thought that they didn't look alike. It was mainly the hair.

Aurane Waters. It was not the first time the queen had made note of Waters, a lean young man with grey green

eyes and long silver-gold hair. The first time she had seen him, for half a heartbeat she had almost thought

Rhaegar Targaryen had returned from the ashes. It is his hair, she told herself. He is not half as comely as Rhaegar

was. His face is too narrow, and he has that cleft in his chin.

He may look like him but physique wise i was disapointed that i think i could take him out pretty easily, which isnt what i expected from a fairly competent fighter

There arent many 6,4 tanks who have quality acting chops out there. Rory McCann was a find as the Hound.

Personal preference, but I am not into super fair dudes, so I've never really been about the Targ males. They're way down on the list, with the Baratheons (especially young Robert), the Martells and Khal Fucking Drogo at the top. I guess it also doesn't help that I imagine all the Targ dudes in the series to be little more than fancy-haired twinks. Their eyes are pretty awesome, though.

There arent many 6,4 tanks who have quality acting chops out there. Rory McCann was a find as the Hound.

True enough. Jaime is probably just as big as Renly was in the books though and i think his actor has just the right mix

In the books i thought cersei seemed mint too and Lena Hedley is really hot but im not sure she does Cersei justice, possibly because of the hair

Well, I'd absolute love the purple eyes, I am sure about that. The hair color, not necessarily... I like dark hair better. However, the way I envision the Targ males is quite hot... at least in my mind. Doesn't help they remind me of another character of similar features I am very fond of.

Also, I don't like the way I imagine the Baratheons or Khal Drogo. I think if I have to choose, I will be probably be falling for a Stark. Dark hair, grey eyes... sounds pretty cool!

I have albinism (like Ghost) and I always thought the Targaryen features sounded like albino traits to me. Some people with albinism actually do have violet/blue eyes, and the silvery-blonde hair as well, so I think that may have been a source of inspiration for GRRM. When I imagine Daenerys I always picture Connie Chiu, which you can see here:

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/1666642.jpg

I think the Targaryens look the way they do because it's exotic. I don't think it's the features per se that make them attractive, but the rarity of their looks. As someone with very white-blonde hair I can definitely say this is a real thing. People are interested because it just looks different.

True enough. Jaime is probably just as big as Renly was in the books though and i think his actor has just the right mix

In the books i thought cersei seemed mint too and Lena Hedley is really hot but im not sure she does Cersei justice, possibly because of the hair

The actor who plays Jaime is good, no complaints. I think Jaime was nearly as tall maybe 6,2 and thinner, Jaime never thinks of himself as strong more fast and skilled.

The wig that Lena has is pretty ordinary but the actress makes up for that.

The actor who plays Jaime is good, no complaints. I think Jaime was nearly as tall maybe 6,2 and thinner, Jaime never thinks of himself as strong more fast and skilled.

The wig that Lena has is pretty ordinary but the actress makes up for that.

Jaime specifically thinks theres only3or4men stronger then him-the Cleganes and Strongboar are the ones he mentions. This is when he fights Brienne, herself freakishly strong, after hes been imprisoned for months on end. So i would think Jaime is pretty darn strong

I have albinism (like Ghost) and I always thought the Targaryen features sounded like albino traits to me. Some people with albinism actually do have violet/blue eyes, and the silvery-blonde hair as well, so I think that may have been a source of inspiration for GRRM. When I imagine Daenerys I always picture Connie Chiu, which you can see here:

http://images.mylot....tos/1666642.jpg

I think the Targaryens look the way they do because it's exotic. I don't think it's the features per se that make them attractive, but the rarity of their looks. As someone with very white-blonde hair I can definitely say this is a real thing. People are interested because it just looks different.

I guess I can see what you mean by the coloring of the hair and skin, but good god that lady is ugly. I do not know if the silver hair would be super attractive to me, but in all honesty purple eyes? Hell yes. I dated a girl who wore contacts that were purple, just like Liz Taylor's.

I think silver hair and purple eyes could be really attractive on a guy. I probably don't have a representative opinion on this, but I like fair and slender guys. Of course it depends on other things too like the shape of the face, but those features could be very attractive on a guy. And, as others mentioned, it's an unusual/exotic look which can be attractive on its own.

I don't think that their hair is meant to be literally "silver." Lannisters' hair is golden, but does someone really picture them looking exactly like golden threads?

In my imagination, their hair looks like the Legolas, Galadriel, or Lucius Malfoy wig. Just very light blond. It works for me.

In these days if a girl has that silvery hair and purple eyes, it would look as if she dyed her hair and had colored lenses. Most people would draw the conclusions that the look wasn't natural and it could look rather extreme and stereotypical. There are after all people who dye their hair odd colors and use dyed lenses.

But for the question itself, if a girl had the Targaryen features naturally, that would be very attractive.

Archived