Coolest nicknames

jon tarkaryen

Yes. Alleras uses it in the prologue of AFFC.

I think that was a reference to Tywin not Jaime. They were talking about Prince Aegon's death

The moutain that rides defintely, Just reading ot for the first time in aGoT frightened me, and I don't usually get scared in books, I just had this image of this giant who would crush everyone and who they were all helpless against.

I also always like Dany's Myriad of titles/nicknames I think it's something like "Danerys Targeryn, Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, Queen of the Andals and the Firs Men and Khalessi of the great grass sea." Very cool.

The Mountain that rides is still the the most evocative of all.

But.

Come to think of it , after about 40 posts I wonder which of all does NOT have a nickname. And does it tell something about that person?

The only one I can think of right now is Sansa. She is never anything but Sansa.

Or could it fill a parallel-thread?

The Mountain that rides is still the the most evocative of all.

But.

Come to think of it , after about 40 posts I wonder which of all does NOT have a nickname. And does it tell something about that person?

The only one I can think of right now is Sansa. She is never anything but Sansa.

Or could it fill a parallel-thread?

Yea most of the charachters have their nicknames.but sometimes they are just usual nicks like Ned or Cat.But those "real" nicknames that have nothing with name...yes I think they mean something(for example shitmouth;).but we dont yet know what Crows Eye or Darkstar mean.Nicknames are important for charachters in GRRM books.

Are you kidding? Little bird?

Yes, if you want it to count as nickname , when only The Hound calls her that.

I try to freshen up my memory. Did he ever call her little bird in public?

And do not forget The Tickler, Arya's nightmare ans sweet revenge.

Yes, if you want it to count as nickname , when only The Hound calls her that.

I try to freshen up my memory. Did he ever call her little bird in public?

Yes, he did. After the bread riot when he saved her from the mob and came back with Sansa on her horse: as he gets off his horse and helps her to the ground he says:

" The little bird's bleeding. Someone take her back to her cage and see to that cut".

Don't recall that anyone else ever used it, though.

If you mean nicknames not as the short form of the name, then there are lots of characters that don't got one like Eddard or Catelyn for instance. If you also consider the shortened form of the name I think that is because Sansa is such a short name in itself that it doesn't need to be shortened, as is the case of other short names like Arya, Jeyne or Brienne.

Archived